Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Another God Game  (Read 20429 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another God Game
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2010, 02:45:43 am »

Urist makes the HFS EXTREAMLY FREAKING HOSTILE TO EVERYTHING
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2010, 04:07:57 am »

Can you guys write your acts in past tense?

Maybe you should narrate based on the acts, and not copy them, it's a bit harder but it's more interesting.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2010, 05:22:03 am »

oh, fine...I'll narrate next act gain...
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2010, 06:47:56 am »

Zilean Seeing as bloodsword requested them to be violent zealots he disliked that, so he creates a barrier against other that only lets good acts trough it preventing them from letting them eat eachother or whatever.
Zilean creates a anti-evil,immoral,idiotic or whatever bad acts-god-acts barrier around my planet.(but i want to i can let them be evil)

Punch Bloodsword for making such a idiotic act on my planet
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 10:49:26 am by Jetsquirrel »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2010, 07:43:05 am »

RAM possessed an elf, and had it construct a battering ram.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2010, 02:40:02 pm »

Bloodsword was angry about being insulted and attacked, and for a moment considered moving a star right next to the barrier to show how useless it was but then he had a better idea.

He took a couple of dragons and threw them into the star. Their life force would start to influence all life on that planet, making it stronger and more numerous. Eventually though, the life force would run out and then the planet would be significantly overpopulated. They would need to fight over the land to survive.

Prosperity then war. The perfect combination.

Bloodsword uses the lives of a few dragons to temporarily improve the star.

(The way I see it, even if the barrier does work, there's no way it could affect my indirect acts, especially if the only evil the act causes is a side effect of it ending.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 02:42:53 pm by SingularByte »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2010, 04:44:51 am »

Evil? what is this concept you speak of, there is no morality here just what we choose to do.

Shades watches the yeti for a while then thinking lets give evolution a helping hand here, taking one of the tiny virus types from the ecosystem alters it to feed off either it's host or violence caused by it's host, slowly kill the least violent ones.

Create a virus to weed out the passive yetis

After watching the virus slowly spread he realised it was still too vulnerable to cures and so once again starts tinkering with it, forcing it to mutate rapidly with each generation but keeping the core of it's goal the same. Watching it flourish to countless different varieties.

Exponentially increase the strains of the virus

Generations pass as Shades watches the virus explode among the population. But still there is risk and so taking a single strain he alters it to have two stages, the first lays dormant barely feeding, just taking enough from it's host to slowly spread through the population. The second kicks in when a host is not effected by any of the other virus where it rapidly multiplies killing within days and spreading quickly.

Create a dormant lethal strain and link the trigger to encountering non-infected yetis

Shades releases this strain back into the population where its quickly lost among the others.

I'm amoral not evil, what do the lives of mortals matter to us anyway?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2010, 10:50:05 am »

look at my post -.- you read it wrong

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2010, 10:54:46 am »

Not sure how I'm meant to read it then?

If I claim those are just good acts will that ignore your barrier? After all they are helping countless numbers of new species thrive. Well except the last one possibly. :)
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2010, 11:07:39 am »

Not sure how I'm meant to read it then?
He edited his post to include immoral(or idiotic) acts as well as evil ones. I believe that the rules state that nothing can ever stop another god's act from working though, so I'm not sure creating that barrier is legal.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2010, 11:25:32 am »

Well that is okay, my acts are amoral, not immoral and not idiotic just pointless.

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2010, 11:42:54 am »

I'm not sure retroactively modifying acts should be legal since you've just changed it in response to a new situation. What would stop me from modifying one of my first acts to stop the yetis from ever existing?

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2010, 11:52:04 am »

This looks fun (possibly both senses of the word) too late to join?
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2010, 03:16:07 pm »

I can't believe we haven't even passed an AEON yet.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2010, 05:05:33 pm »

I think Armok lost interest as we've not had any wrath form him yet either :(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27