Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Another God Game  (Read 20406 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another God Game
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2010, 07:42:24 am »

Gah, I never use caps lock, but I sometimes hit it by accident when aimin for a , tab, or shift...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2010, 04:33:44 pm »

Wouldn't it be a bit difficult for the dragons to find the wombats? They're underground at an unknown location and as far as I can tell, they have no tunnels to the surface.

Bloodsword took a step back from the world and saw that all the gods were working entirely in the present. They seemed to have no long term plans. After the end of the Aeon, after all of the gods would have started to sleep, none of their plans would mean anything.

Determined to avoid this and actually have an effect in the future, he decided that he needed to meddle with the fate of the oldest creatures in the universe, the magma worms.

He grabbed several of the larger stars in the sky and molded them together into the biggest star yet. This star would have enough room for all of the magma worms, allowing them to grow strong without fighting.

He then limited its life span to only 1000 years, knowing that when it went out, hordes of hungry magma worms would be released, causing chaos to any nearby stars, including the binary star system that most of the other gods favored.

Since all of the gods would be asleep at that point (assuming he'd calculated it correctly), none of them would be able to stop it.

This battle would be glorious.

Bloodsword creates a new star for the magma worms which will burn out in 1000 years.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2010, 05:03:48 pm »

Amused by Bloodswords plotting Shades wonders how to upset his plans.

Half way along the direct line of flight from this new age limited sun to the binary star system he reaches out an cuts a hole in the fabric of space and time, pulling in matter through the hole and crushing it to a point to make an invisible but deadly trap. Assuming, like Bloodsword that the other gods, namely Hungry in this case, are asleep he decides to abuse the limits of his power and link the singularity to the heart of the broken Axe of Kings so that if it is ever reformed the hole closes and frees anything trapped within it's pull.

Act 1) Shades creates a blackhole between the stars
Abuse of Act 1) And links it to the power of the Axe of Kings
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • Former controller of Zombie Fenrir
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2010, 10:52:28 pm »

I slept all day so sorry this is late.

Urist sleeps.
Ram created mountain goats.
Zhokul prophesied of a man who would become immortal and live if the world is destroyed. His name would be Kaldane, Zhokul also created many precious metals including the fabled divinicite in the caves of the Wombaten, also Zhokul told the dragons of this.
Zilean sleeps again
Bloodsword creates a new star for the magma worms which will burn out in 1000 years.
Shades creates a blackhole between the stars, and links it to the Axe of Kings.

Humans create their first settlement, 'Leakyshacks', and find fish in a nearby river.
Dragnoors create a hall in 'Leakyshacks', called 'Fallengate'.
Dragons search for the wombatens, but dont locate them.
Elves make their first settlement, 'The Moldy Grove' a forest retreat.
Merpeople start a war with the Humans, sending warfish up the rivers.
Wombatens build their first copper vault, 'The Held Tightness'.
Lernaean Goats learn to fear, and now can only be found high away from other creatures.
Magma worms are ecstatic at finding a new feeding star.

ACTs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Breccia isnt in DF, like garden slugs.
Cheese for the Cheese boat!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2010, 02:25:43 am »

I thought the Wombaten had SOME kind of entrance, and the dragons, being flying, intelligent creatures as they are, would know where it is, but at least I changed the balance and also made the dragons go mad looking for it.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2010, 02:54:43 am »

well the dragons didnt go mad but they did get mighty pissed... :D
-----------------

Urist grows tired of the slow pace of the binary star system and directs his focus on the magma worms, which have now spread onto another star...
And are partly on their way in small migration groups to other far off stars...

Urist feels that all other of his creatures have failed him and have decided to make them semi-sentinant (not too smart to create buildings and use weapons ( no need for weapons..) but smart enough for them to be able to use tactics and know when they wont win a fight.

Urist makes the magma worms semi-sentinant ( Not smart enough to make "Civilised" things but smart enough to use tactics and know when to retreat. )

--------
Now the magma worms are still aggressive so the semi-sentinant trait shall be intresting :D.
Also the semi-sentinant trait should protect the worms by being disrupted as a whole by other gods if i remember correctly you said about other gods not tottally messing with other gods sentinant beings, (Messing as in morphing them and such without the creators agreement.)

Can't wait for next turn... my next creature is going to be REALLY fun :D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 03:08:41 am by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2010, 03:23:29 am »

Zhokul was incredibly bored.
He noticed the humans were a promising race, with most of their brilliance achieved during periods of great distress and pressure. Zhokul decided to be... Kind, in a chaotic way of course, and  the hyena made a race of fearsome, sentient beasts to rival the humans.

They were furred creatures, and were not dissimilar in build to the mythical werewolves, though they were more comparable to humanoid lions or tigers, they came in colours and statures varying from tall and yellow white in the shamans to orangey, with manes and fearsome markings in the hunters, looking as if always ready to make a great leap. Their system was somewhat tribal, as they lived in packs, usually with a shaman being the most powerful in the group.
Honour was above all else to their society, the beasts who failed to adhere to their honour would usually be hunted down or exiled (or exile themselves). They were created with an innate hatred for the humans and their often honourless acts, and they thought the humans savage as much as the humans though of them, nevertheless, the beasts were by far physically superior. War was to come. And it's name was the K'rral.

Zhokul created the K'rral, a somewhat primitive race of humanoid big cats (lions, tigers) near humanity's homeland, the majority of the K'rral hate the majority of humans, and vice versa.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 04, 2010, 05:26:45 am »

Bloodsword looks into the hearts of the K'rral and finds them worthy of owning a piece of the Axe of Kings, yet he finds himself unwilling to part with the fourth piece. He decides the only solution is to give them the piece that the cowaredly elves seem unwilling to use.

He takes the form of one of the K'rral wearing armour in a style identical to his regular form and begins gathering a force of them to attack the elves. He knows that even if he only gets a small army, he can still use his own piece of the Axe to counter the elves' part and can use his own divine powers to smite the other army, leading his side to victory.

Bloodsword begins to gather an army to steal the elves' part of the Axe of Kings.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 04, 2010, 06:07:26 am »

RAM observed the Sentient creatures roaming the world and decided to take part in the game to pass the time. Selecting a few communities of mountain goats RAM granted them great intellects and a desire to remain mysterious.
 These goats ceased their frolicking and began trying to form languages consisting of hoof prints and trying to create shelters by knocking small trees over. Seeing their difficulties, RAM Entered the minds of the altered goats and expanded them to fantastic proportions, teaching them to move matter directly through thought, to mentally link with each other to communicate, and, with sufficient effort and numbers, even the ability to predict momentous events. RAM then appeared to these altered Mountain Goats and told them of their final gift, that there were divine beings controlling the world, and that this new people would be concealed from them. That they should use their anonymity to observe the world and learn from it. With that, RAM left them.

RAM grants sentience to some mountain goats.

RAM grants psychic powers to sentient mountain goats.

RAM makes it impossible for divine beings to tell the difference between common mountain goats and altered mountain goats. Mountain goats all look the same, and their acts just look like mountain goat stuff...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2010, 01:15:28 am »

Damn my sleeping durring the day.

Urist makes the magma worms SEMI-SENTIENT, enough to use tactics.
Zhokul created the K'rral, a somewhat primitive race of SENTIENT humanoid big cats near humanity's homeland, the majority of the K'rral hate the majority of humans, and vice versa.
Bloodsword attempted to gather an army to steal the elves' part of the Axe of Kings.
RAM granted SENTIENCE to some mountain goats he also granted psychic powers to SENTIENT mountain goats and made it impossible for divine beings to tell the difference between common mountain goats and altered mountain goats. Mountain goats all look the same, and their acts just look like mountain goat stuff...

Humans build a wooden wall around 'Leakyshacks'.
A human faction of K'rral fanciers forms a group, 'Furredfanned'.
Dragnoors make Heln 'Grumbleent' their first commander.
Elves make peace with K'rral, and give their peice of the Axe of Kings to them, seeing that it only serves to gather dragons as it is.
K'rral make peace with Elves, they also make war with Humans.
Laenaean goats learn to avoid mountain goats, after a Laenaean goat got thrown off a mountain.
Yeti make their first tundra retreat, 'Blisterpops'.
Dragons continue searching for wombatens, finding little luck in locating habited tunnels.
The dragon, Herton 'The Glittering', claims a cave, naming it 'The Scaled Den'.
Merpeople find a tablet of knowlege and learn how to build underwater structures, and make their first sunken city 'Sullenlump'.

ACTs

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2010, 06:09:08 am »

Urist feels its time to reveal a creation that had been brewing in his mind for years before existance itself, well, existed...
He didnt have the means to create such things but now he did...

Urist obtained the cores of many many suns, making them blink out of existance one by one, quite a specticle on the planet...
Urist then took a few elves and merged them with the thousands of sun cores...
What he beholded was something that would plauge existance itself for eternity...

He called them... Spirits of hell fire....

Urist merges SOME elves and many sun cores together to create HFS :D 
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2010, 02:21:10 pm »

You know, technically there are only a few suns. Most of the "stars" are just points of light.

Dragnar sees that his creations have entered a war they have little chance of winning. He cannot simply give them the knowledge they need, that would cause them to become lazy, removing the spark of curiosity he placed within them. Instead he alters the minds of several of the more intelligent humans, placing ideas for amazing inventions in their heads. These men shall go on to change humanity, they will be geniuses who's names will be remembered for thousands of years.

He also completes his work on his afterlife. All who seek knowledge in life shall be granted a place there, even those who do not worship him. The plane is small now, but will grow with every soul to reside there. He then appears before the dragnoors and tells them what awaits them after death.

Dragnar changes several humans into geniuses who will create new technologies for use in war and in peace.
Dragnar completes his afterlife, allowing all who seek knowledge in, and informs the Dragnoors of this.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2010, 02:24:31 pm »

how the fuck did i get 3 acts? with a x?

zilean awakend from his slumber again, he went to his planet and looked at it. He wanted to let them know that a higher force is watching them, so he waited until one of the yeti's wnet somewhere alone and appeared in front of him. Zilean spoke to the yeti to not fear me as i am the creator of the world and everything, tuhs he needs to create a temple of time exaclty where i stand.
Zilean asks the yeti to build a temple

After that he went back to his place, but he forgot how could possibly a civilization that dont knows how to build things without any material expect ice. So he summoned winter pine trees and bushes that can withstand hard winters.
Zilean creates Flora

And finally zilean knew he had to give the some sort of understanding of making temples, but aso much more so he  evolved them into the tribe phase. But looking at them he though also that they maybe needed some evolution in their body, so he strenghted their muscles in the legs to make then run faster and also gave them pads under their feet for  better grip on the ice.
Zilean evolves yeti into tribe phase and engineers stronger leg muscles and padding udner their feet

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2010, 02:41:38 pm »

Seeing an opportunity to have a bit of fun, Bloodsword disguises himself as Zilean and appears in a vision to the yeti who was told to build a temple. He says "Oh, I forgot to mention but I want you to attack anyone who doesn't believe in me and then sacrifice them to me. Remember to build some weapons too."

Bloodsword tells the yeti to become a violent zealot.

Hungry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2010, 12:06:12 am »

Can you guys write your acts in past tense?

Urist merged SOME elves and many star cores together to create HFS.
Dragnar changed several humans into geniuses who will create new technologies for use in war and in peace and completed his afterlife, allowing all who seek knowledge in, and informs the Dragnoors of this.
Zilean asks the yeti to build a temple, created Flora, and evolved yeti into tribe phase and engineers stronger leg muscles and padding under their feet.
Bloodsword tells the yeti to become violent zealots.

Humans build a wooden workshop in 'Leakyshacks'.
'Furredfanned' build a guildhall in 'Leakyshacks.
Dragnoors build a shrine to Dragnar in 'Fallengate'.
Elves mourn the loss of their fellow elves.
K'rral build their first settlement 'Darkvine', a Jungle retreat.
Laenaean goats learn to induce growth in grasses.
Special mountain goats form the secret society 'Tinhorn'.
Yeti make the community hall 'Warmhearth' and a temple, in 'Blisterpops'.
Dragons continue searching for wombatens, find a few populated tunnles.
The dragon, Herton 'The Glittering', relocates three tablets of knowledge to 'The Scaled Den'.
Wombatens build the a forge in 'The Moist Furry Hole'.
Merpeople create a underdome in 'Sullenlump'.
HFS leaves 'Leafygrove' forcibly.

ACTs

Sorry if this is wrong...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27