Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 33026 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 1 - Vote Phase
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2010, 12:25:22 am »

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's ToonyMan and Pandarsenic, especially after Pandarsenic's "If the king hits town, king is scum."

I can't deny the possibility of a Toonyman/Pandarsenic duo, Vector, but I somehow doubt they would publicly defend one another if both were Scum. Also, I recall that Toony usually plays very strangely, with terse posts with little content, such that I can't tell his Scum Tells from his general playstyle. As for Panda, I can't see a difference between his "normal" playstyle and this one either, except he seems to be lacking direction due to his lack of a vote. If I were to venture a guess, he's frustrated.

Continuing with the observations: SirBayer has swapped between offensive and defensive at the drop of a hat, and Janus has been aggressive for the whole time. I've never played against either of them, so I don't know how to interpret that behavior. Mercurial stance-swings like SirBayer's tend to indicate that someone is on edge, and attempting to appear cool and collected.

And last, as an aside to the Queen: You seem to have assumed there are 2 scum. Was this stated somewhere, or is it a number you've settled on?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2010, 12:29:13 am »

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's ToonyMan and Pandarsenic, especially after Pandarsenic's "If the king hits town, king is scum."

Continuing with the observations: SirBayer has swapped between offensive and defensive at the drop of a hat, and Janus has been aggressive for the whole time. I've never played against either of them, so I don't know how to interpret that behavior. Mercurial stance-swings like SirBayer's tend to indicate that someone is on edge, and attempting to appear cool and collected.

And last, as an aside to the Queen: You seem to have assumed there are 2 scum. Was this stated somewhere, or is it a number you've settled on?

Guh.  I actually think Pandarsenic is town, now that he's explained what he was actually doing.  Janus isn't emitting his standard scumtells, so I'm leaving him alone for now... and ToonyMan isn't acting particularly townish.

The one that seems really weird to me is Bayer, so I'm looking to him for the lynch unless he does some serious cleanup.

I assume 2 scum because we're working with 9 p, and there's pretty much always 2 scum at 9p.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2010, 12:44:17 am »

Solifuge pretty much has it.

As-is, 3 scum would be unfair at 9p and GOD I MISS HAVING A VOTE.

But yeah, like I said: I dropped off of Vector because she doesn't seem like Queen Scum to me and thus I can't bully her into a bus because, well. Not scum. Doesn't know who scum is with certainty and clearly can't bus.

So yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 11, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »

Janus is pushing on Pandarsenic for nonsensical reasons.

And you're not really pushing on JTF in exchange.  You're just sitting here saying "Oh, hey.  He looks like scum."

This is called sideline lynch-direction.  It is extraordinarily scummy.  You, too, are receiving the following injunction: clean up your act or hang.  You may think you can't attack anyone, but that's absolutely incorrect.  You can ask questions, reveal truths, get in arguments.

Does a player with no vote in a usual game have no clout?  No.  So stop whingeing, everyone, and get hunting.

I can attack people fine.  I just hate not being able to get reactions from other people watching, besides calling me scum.

Leafsnail hasn't been doing much and his exchange with Pandar seems pretty passive.
I don't see how - I obviously can't vote him, but I'd be completely behind a Pandar lynch today.  His reasoning and accusations remain poor.

Anyway, ToonyMan's gameplay ideas are crap, and his reasons for shielding Pandar are obscure at best.  ToonyMan - why are you defending him?

I don't want to defend Pandarsenic, attacking Janus causes this.  It's a ying yang thing.

And everybody stop calling my ideas crap.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 11, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »

Solifuge, you're pinging my suspicion bell, a little bit more than ToonyMan is right now. I've come to trust it, even if it has led me astray in the past.

I get the feeling that you're attempting to give the appearance of helpfulness without necessarily doing anything helpful, which, to me, looks scummy. For instance, you talked theory a few posts back and suggested some questionably helpful strategies. That's great and all, but how about you ask questions to find scum instead?

And now you're making observations about what's happened so far and not even asking anybody anything to get any more evidence to look at. Looks like passive behavior trying to pass itself off as active behavior to me.

So, Solifuge, I want you to tell me who you find most suspicious at this point. And then I want you to ask them something.

Eduren, you're lurking and I don't like it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

Pandar, I don't understand what you were trying. How would you have gotten a bus out of it?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2010, 06:37:42 pm »

You make the King/Queen feel as though they will be considered scum by one or more players if they fail to hit scum; you are attempting to create enough pressure that they fold and bus their partner in hopes of avoiding suspicion.

It's pretty basic KM town strategy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2010, 07:08:42 pm »

Pandar, I don't understand what you were trying. How would you have gotten a bus out of it?
Although a valid question, this is by no means you not lurking.  You're still lurking.  You should stop that.

Also, SirBayer, you haven't posted since last night.  Even after Vector pointed out the question that she had asked earlier (which a quick search would have found you).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2010, 07:12:11 pm »

Oh, that question.

I can't explain the unproductivity. I'm not particularly experienced with Kingmaker, and I'm not quite sure how to proceed without the ability to vote.

I suppose I mistook the beginning of the game for an RVS, although I suspect I missed that already.

Finally: I feel very poorly about rolling up scum, because it won't happen.

Janus: Last night? Sheesh. Relax. Some of us can't get on thirty thousand times in a twenty-four hour period.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »

I can't explain the unproductivity. I'm not particularly experienced with Kingmaker, and I'm not quite sure how to proceed without the ability to vote.

It's exactly the same as any other game.  Just with the added addition of trying to convince the current King that whoever you think is scum is actually scum.

Finally: I feel very poorly about rolling up scum, because it won't happen.

Interesting verb tense.  Won't happen, but not that it didn't.  So you're scum hoping that you won't be scum again?

Janus: Last night? Sheesh. Relax. Some of us can't get on thirty thousand times in a twenty-four hour period.

Agreed.  Some people aren't always on.  But in the entire game, you've posted five times:

- 188, Feb 11 evening: Meh defense, not much of use.
- 176, Feb 10 evening: Ask Vector what her question was without bothering to look.  No actual game content.
- 152, Feb 10 afternoon: Try to defend lurking with not posting.  Ask Vector who's scum.
- 128, Feb 9 afternoon: Fluff / flavor post.
- 126, Feb 9 afternoon: Randomly accuse Vector and Pandarsenic

Basically, I could care less if you only post just once a day.  Just post something that's actually worthwhile.  If you're town, help us find the scum.  If you're scum, convince us that you're town. 

Right now, I think you're scum.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2010, 11:23:38 am »

I've had certain long-standing obligations, in addition to some recent car/life stresses, and am currently inbetween apartments. When I actively check this thread, it's usually while eating on my lunch-break at work, or right before sleeping. I'm doing what I can with what time I have.

Either way, I've already voiced my initial suspicions, based on player behavior, and asked questions of suspicious actions. Moreover, my suspect is currently being interrogated. Still, I'll jump through your hoops. :P

Going after SirBayer on a basis of "no activity since last night" is hella silly, Janus. What is conspicuous is the hedging, mercurial attitude shifts, etc. You've been grilling Bayer on a series of very silly points, such as his verb tense, and his hours of activity. As such:

SirBayer and JanusTwoFace, what do you think you've done that makies you look like Villains? What have you done that makes you look Town?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2010, 12:39:24 pm »

Well, as far as I can tell, I've done two things to appear scummy:

1. Failed to take the King-RVS sequence particularly seriously. Big mistake.

2. Mistook "rolling" for "flipping," thus assuming that he meant how I felt about being lynched as scum. Obviously, I didn't feel very good about it, since it wasn't true.

Just looking down the Topic Summary, I see a lot of silly pushing from Janus, actually.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2010, 01:14:31 pm »

Just looking down the Topic Summary, I see a lot of silly pushing from Janus, actually.

That's passive aggression SirBayer.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 12, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »

I'm feeling like this day should end soon.

Leafsnail, you've been awfully quiet. Lurker quiet. Who do you suspect at this time?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 12, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »

I don't want to defend Pandarsenic, attacking Janus causes this.  It's a ying yang thing.

And everybody stop calling my ideas crap.
But you don't have to call someone town when attacking their attacker.  It isn't necessary.

That's passive aggression SirBayer.
And I suppose this quote isn't?  ToonyMan, is this an accusation or not?

I'm feeling like this day should end soon.
Well, it'll only end when someone is executed - who would you want to die?  You've thrown around a lot of wide suspicions, but haven't settled on anyone in particular.  Who should it be?

As for me, Toony or Pandar would be best.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26