Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 32953 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 1 - Vote Phase
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2010, 04:58:34 pm »

SirBayer always does that stuff, I'm just helping him realize it himself.

ie Null Tell

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 12, 2010, 05:14:00 pm »

I'm feeling like this day should end soon.
Well, it'll only end when someone is executed - who would you want to die?  You've thrown around a lot of wide suspicions, but haven't settled on anyone in particular.  Who should it be?

ToonyMan.

SirBayer may be acting scummy, but I don't really see it so much as him being scum as him just not being all that terrific at this game. This may be a poor attitude to adopt about him, I admit, but that's what I'm seeing about him right now.

ToonyMan is just not acting like ToonyMan. He's being uncharacteristically passive. And, despite him being able to attack people fine, he has yet to do so in any significant way.

So I think he's scum. I imagine, if he were acting independently, he wouldn't be so quiet. Lack of a vote or no.

I think Pandarsenic is mostly townish, as is JTF and Vector. But Solifuge, you, Leafsnail, and eduren I'm wishy-washy about.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2010, 06:38:46 pm »

Going after SirBayer on a basis of "no activity since last night" is hella silly, Janus. What is conspicuous is the hedging, mercurial attitude shifts, etc. You've been grilling Bayer on a series of very silly points, such as his verb tense, and his hours of activity. As such:

Read my later post with all his activity during the entire game.  You haven't posted terribly much more.

SirBayer and JanusTwoFace, what do you think you've done that makies you look like Villains? What have you done that makes you look Town?

I think that the most scumlike thing I've done at this point is going after SirBayer for some admittedly silly reasons.  However, I've had a perfectly legit reason for doing so though and that is applying pressure.  I've had the same thing applied to me before (Pandarsenic in Near-Mountainous) and I know that it works.

Well, as far as I can tell, I've done two things to appear scummy:

1. Failed to take the King-RVS sequence particularly seriously. Big mistake.

2. Mistook "rolling" for "flipping," thus assuming that he meant how I felt about being lynched as scum. Obviously, I didn't feel very good about it, since it wasn't true.

Just looking down the Topic Summary, I see a lot of silly pushing from Janus, actually.

It's less what you've done to appear scummy and the complete lack of appearing town.  You're being passive (maybe passive aggressive, but barely) which is no help at all to the town.  I haven't seen one thing you've done yet to either seriously defend yourself or to scumhunt (short of one very basic question to Vector earlier).

I'm feeling like this day should end soon.

It's already lasted a week in real life.  Getting to be one of the longest days I've been involved in thus far.

Vector, who are your primary suspects thus far?  Are you closing to deciding today's lynch?  I'm sure you probably know who I'd suggest you choose.

SirBayer may be acting scummy, but I don't really see it so much as him being scum as him just not being all that terrific at this game. This may be a poor attitude to adopt about him, I admit, but that's what I'm seeing about him right now.

Really?  I haven't played with SirBayer before to the point that his behavior has stuck.  If this is common though, it's reminiscent of Org.

No matter if he's town or scum he plays with the same infuriating (and scummy) play style.  It's great when he's scum because people just ignore him saying: that's just Org.

I don't particularly want to fall into that trap.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2010, 07:32:10 pm »

Really?  I haven't played with SirBayer before to the point that his behavior has stuck.  If this is common though, it's reminiscent of Org.

No matter if he's town or scum he plays with the same infuriating (and scummy) play style.  It's great when he's scum because people just ignore him saying: that's just Org.

I don't particularly want to fall into that trap.
I wouldn't compare Bayer to Org. I believe Bayer has potential and is sincerely trying. Org is hopeless.

I do also think that SirBayer is readable and he seems town. What he is doing in this game is newby, not scummy.

Pandar. Your gambit hasn't excused you from scumhunting. Who is scum?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2010, 07:55:47 pm »

Bayer: For posting little if anything, and for posting little content when he does.

Toony I feel is trying his best to work within the confines of people not actually being forced to respond to him, like I have been, but that could be me being swayed by his earlier defense of me (that is, buddying). We'll see.

JTF: Unknown, but he's being very thorough in his posting.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:56 pm »

(Yes, I posted some likely-not-scum with the scum. Deal with it.)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 13, 2010, 12:32:08 am »

Toony I feel is trying his best to work within the confines of people not actually being forced to respond to him, like I have been, but that could be me being swayed by his earlier defense of me (that is, buddying). We'll see.

I see several people in this game who are doing just fine without their votes.

Could it be, perhaps, that the vote was never what motivated people to respond to questions? That perhaps, in order to avoid suspicion, they must answer questions? Else they would conspicuously and suspiciously have avoided answering a question?

Enough with you and ToonyMan's self pity session. People might get the wrong idea and accuse you of not doing anything.

Too late. Now it's just getting suspicious, hiding behind how you don't have a vote.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:38 pm »

All right.  Sorry I've been gone so long, dudes.

Reads:

JTF looks mostly town, other than the fact that he's been mirroring my opinions all day.  This could be a coincidence, or it could be attempts at emotional coordination.  In any case, I find this mildly suspicious.

SirBayer doesn't sound like SirBayer.  I'm not willing to kill him over it yet, but in any case I think there's something very wrong there.

Pandarsenic is very likely town.

Solifuge--same deal.

Jim Groovester--same deal.

Eduren is active-lurking entirely too much, but I think it's because he doesn't know how to deal with the game more than anything else.  He seems to be trying, which completely contradicts his scum-meta.

Leafsnail is also a bit more quiet than usual, which makes me strongly suspicious of him.

ToonyMan, you're scum.  One of the reasons I say this is that whenever I think "Hey, maybe he sounds different because he's growing up," you're always scum.  Additionally, there's been buddying up to Pandarsenic, absolutely no real scum-hunting, being entirely too quiet, and so on.

Maybe you really are growing up, this time, but I'm still going to lynch you when my scumdar goes off.  It's currently smoking.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:05 pm »

So that's hammer?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2010, 12:35:43 pm »

ToonyMan has been lynched!

ToonyMan was a Villain (mafia)!

It is now Night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Night 1
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »

Jim Groovester has been killed!

Jim Groovester was a Merchant (town)!

It is now Day.

Survivors:
Pandarsenic
Leafsnail
Vector
SirBayer
eduren
Solifuge
JanusTwoface

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 2 - King Phase
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2010, 05:48:34 pm »

Leafsnail has become King!

All hail Leafsnail!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 2 - Vote Phase
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2010, 05:53:34 pm »

Screw Leafsnail.

I am dead and feel robbed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2010, 06:00:32 pm »

bahhhhhhhhh

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2010, 06:19:31 pm »

Hail King Leafsnail!

King, who do you think is the most suspicious within our little family of vagrants?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26