Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!  (Read 32971 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia - Day 1 - Vote Phase
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2010, 02:01:38 pm »

Janus is pushing on Pandarsenic for nonsensical reasons.

Nonsensical reasons like...?

Nonsensical, faulty/no reason.  I can't just explain it, look back at what he said.

But I'm asking you.

I'll draw it out of you if I have to badger you all day.

Last response, Janus is not being very convincing.

Nonsensical, faulty/no reason.  I can't just explain it, look back at what he said.

Perhaps you can't explain it because there's nothing wrong with it?

My main points (that I remember off the top of my head):
- SirBayer (and Pandarsenic) have been poking at the King (seems mildly silly for today)
- SirBayer is voting without any given reason and without being active enough to apply pressure
- Pandarsenic is less aggressive than normal (same is true of you (ToonyMan), actually)

Looks normal to me.
Side effect?  So you didn't plan to attack Pandarsenic until he looked like a target?

Basically, yes.  I was focusing on SirBayer.  Than Pandarsenic made the comment about not being able to pressure without a vote (which I disagreed with) thus this whole most recent conversation.  My goal was less to attack Pandarsenic (for now) and more to attack his means.

SirBayer is still looking the scummiest though.

I'm not seeing it, maybe I should keep asking you the same question.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »

Scum ToonyMan can't explain himself. Scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2010, 02:08:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm almost certain it's ToonyMan and Pandarsenic, especially after Pandarsenic's "If the king hits town, king is scum."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2010, 02:48:08 pm »

Life is currently kicking my ass hard, so I hope a strategic analysis of gameplay tactics suffices. I'll get caught up on the thread and respond after I get home from work, and can repair my car.

Strategy/Theory for the Kingmaker(s):
1) Crowning people who are lurking, or otherwise not actively participating, would effectively call them out.

Pro: It forces lurkers to participate, and reveal themselves. Sudden changes in the new King's activity/behavior may indicate Scum.

Con: Kinging Scum is bad for the town, as you're pretty much guaranteed to get a Townie lynched that day. Also, if players are legitimately busy, this may slow the game.

2) If you don't have another role, publicly claim Kingmaker after allowing some time for players to discuss (a day?). Scum can't claim Kingmaker without outing themselves, and this will prevent you from getting killed by the King. It can also be used to build a tenetative base.

This is far from infallible, but it is a strategic contribution to consider. I'll be back to FoS you guys later. Until then, best of luck, trust your instincts, and may the farce be with you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2010, 04:57:33 pm »

Scum ToonyMan can't explain himself. Scum.

I did explain myself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2010, 05:00:21 pm »

Not very well.

I can't just explain it, look back at what he said.

Scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

That was for what Janus had for attacking Pandarsenic, I don't want to go back and quote it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2010, 05:27:28 pm »

So, just to clarify, since clarity is not your strong suit, you don't think Pandarsenic is acting odd, and you think JTF is.

And you can't explain why this is, other than to point me to their posts.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2010, 07:07:28 pm »

Leafsnail hasn't been doing much and his exchange with Pandar seems pretty passive.

Toonyman is having trouble explaining himself, as others have stated, but I'm not sure that that's new for him.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2010, 09:35:38 pm »

All right, you two.  Let's talk.

And without that pressure, it's hard to crack the scumshell. You're not acting as I'd hoped - no, that's not right to say. Rather, I'm torn between hoping to crack scum and hoping KM didn't crown scum.

This is ... 3000% bullshit.  "It's hard without pressure.  You're not acting right.  No, wait.  I can't say that!  I'll guess I'll just say I can't decide between trying to crack scum and hoping scum wasn't crowned."

These things are not mutually exclusive, dear Pandarsenic.  You're seriously so worried about KM accidentally crowning scum that you've got to sit here going "man, I really don't know whether or not I should launch a full-fledged assault on Vector.  I think I'll just sit here some more, because it's hard" ?

Buck up or hang, scumbucket.  Mafia is a difficult game, sure, but that doesn't mean we all get to sit back and do nothing.  Tunneling on the King is one of the best ways to active-lurk.  There's scum out there, and your job is to help me find the bastard so I can hang him.  Get to it.

If Vector doesn't hit a Villain, he is one himself.

5000% bullshit, and you know it.

Since when wasn't I here?  I've been here since I went to sleep yesterday, then woke up about a hour ago.

I agree with Pandarsenic in Janus' odd pressuring.
Eduren isn't doing anything.

I don't see anything different about this game other than a slightly different voting mechanic.  Therefore, the same strategies apply.  Push people until they react.  If they react scummily, then the King can lynch them.  If the king doesn't, then it's possible that they're both scum.

Yeah, I thought Pandarsenic was doing that Janus.  He just doesn't have a vote.

What the hell is this... Pandarsenic shielding/buddying?  EXTRAORDINARY UGLINESS.

Janus is pushing on Pandarsenic for nonsensical reasons.

And you're not really pushing on JTF in exchange.  You're just sitting here saying "Oh, hey.  He looks like scum."

This is called sideline lynch-direction.  It is extraordinarily scummy.  You, too, are receiving the following injunction: clean up your act or hang.  You may think you can't attack anyone, but that's absolutely incorrect.  You can ask questions, reveal truths, get in arguments.

Does a player with no vote in a usual game have no clout?  No.  So stop whingeing, everyone, and get hunting.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 10, 2010, 09:44:58 pm »

Leafsnail hasn't been doing much and his exchange with Pandar seems pretty passive.
I don't see how - I obviously can't vote him, but I'd be completely behind a Pandar lynch today.  His reasoning and accusations remain poor.

Anyway, ToonyMan's gameplay ideas are crap, and his reasons for shielding Pandar are obscure at best.  ToonyMan - why are you defending him?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 10, 2010, 10:02:16 pm »

Ah, Vector, uh... remind me of your question? >_>

It's been a hard day shuddup
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 10, 2010, 10:57:34 pm »

OH SNAP

I pay my deepest respect to the temporary king. I doff my cap most superfluously.

... Hi, Bayer.  Why is it, precisely, that you're being so unproductive?  I speak in particular about this post:

I wasn't lurking, I was gone.

I think Pandarsenic is scum.

Because, y'know, he's always scum.

Vector, too.

Because they're always scum.

No one asked you this question, but you responded with what amounts to WIFOM or an RVS answer.  It's unnecessary and senseless.

How do you feel about rolling up scum?

This.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 11, 2010, 12:12:47 am »

All right, you two.  Let's talk.

And without that pressure, it's hard to crack the scumshell. You're not acting as I'd hoped - no, that's not right to say. Rather, I'm torn between hoping to crack scum and hoping KM didn't crown scum.

This is ... 3000% bullshit.  "It's hard without pressure.  You're not acting right.  No, wait.  I can't say that!  I'll guess I'll just say I can't decide between trying to crack scum and hoping scum wasn't crowned."

These things are not mutually exclusive, dear Pandarsenic.  You're seriously so worried about KM accidentally crowning scum that you've got to sit here going "man, I really don't know whether or not I should launch a full-fledged assault on Vector.  I think I'll just sit here some more, because it's hard" ?

Buck up or hang, scumbucket.  Mafia is a difficult game, sure, but that doesn't mean we all get to sit back and do nothing.  Tunneling on the King is one of the best ways to active-lurk.  There's scum out there, and your job is to help me find the bastard so I can hang him.  Get to it.

I'm not worried about that d1. d1 the KM has nothing to go on. I'm saying that I had hoped I'd found scum, but I also hope you're not scum because you're king. You didn't react in a scummy manner so I've dropped my tunnel on you. Speaking of which,

You are all retards who can't recognize the strategy of attempting to bully a Scum King into prematurely bussing.

And now that I've explained myself it won't work. Fucking morons.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 11, 2010, 12:18:10 am »

It also wouldn't work because I'm not scum, and were I scum I'd lynch you for your behavior, dragging a little townie cadre and seemingly clearing myself for performing the Correct Lynch.

Well, anyway.  That makes sense, so thank you.

SirBayer and ToonyMan, back to you two.  I'm waiting.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26