Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2814544 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #19815 on: May 09, 2020, 03:06:32 am »

I'll have to check on that. Because last time I turned on civilian contacts I could see nothing but a blue blur. I just assumed there were free cargo ships.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: May 09, 2020, 12:23:34 pm »

In my current game I've got a few pops that are 2-3 jumps away from sol, all the civs are busy transporting infrastructure and trade goods and not doing my other orders. Similar problem, but they won't do the short range stuff for me.

It'd be nice if you could set priority and pay extra for immediate shipping. Damn you space amazon! I want prime!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19817 on: May 11, 2020, 10:01:51 am »

So I have a tanker check marked as a tanker, with full fuel and a refueling station. I have it set to "refuel own fleet" under Ship Overview. I wait a few days and none of my other ships in the fleet are gaining fuel. What am I missing?

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: May 11, 2020, 10:04:31 am »

I haven't build a tanker yet (only startet today after downloading a basically unplayable, for me, 1.0), but do you have a refuelling system installed?

Ah, nevermind, I somehow missed that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: May 11, 2020, 10:06:57 am »

Refueling system or refueling hub?

I don't know if either or both are required since I haven't gotten to that point, but the hub is supposed to allow for multiple ships to refuel simultaneously.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: May 11, 2020, 12:18:58 pm »

There's one thing I can think of besides the confusion between refueling station, refueling system, and refueling hub.  By "refueling station," do you mean that your tanker is a static station with a refueling system and/or hub?  If not and your fleet is moving, refueling while moving will require research into Underway Replenishment.  UNIREP allows you to refuel and rearm while still moving, albeit at a reduced rate until high levels of research.  Without it, you need to stop your ships to perform any inter-ship transfers.

EDIT:
Mind, if it is a fixed space station, then I wouldn't recommend putting mobile ships with it in the same fleet in either case, unless you intend to keep them there as a fixed defense and don't plan on detaching them for mobile operations.  You can have a mobile fleet refuel from it by selecting the fleet with the tanker and selecting the order "Refuel from stationary tankers."  This might be a good way to test if the tanker has all the systems you need, anyways. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 12:27:24 pm by Culise »

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: May 11, 2020, 12:47:41 pm »

Refueling Station is a building.  Allows refueling from a colony without a spaceport, or people. 

Refueling Hub allow fleets to refuel from a ship/fleet without joining.  It allows the old refuel from fleet orders.

Refueling systems requires that the ship be in the same fleet as the ships being fueled.  The ship needs to be set to refuel the fleet or sub fleet.  I think it also needs more fuel than it's minimum reserve.  Also a fleet can't refuel while moving unless you have researched the first level of underway replenishment.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: May 11, 2020, 01:27:06 pm »

I think I made my humans non breathing by expanding the max. oxygen deviation to .2 atm. Yes, ok, .2 - .2 is 0, I understand, didn't think about it when creating the race. Still, it is funny that everyone thinks that the temperature ist the only problem on an iceball without atmosphere.

Well, time to change it to something more sensible, maybe the standard .1 deviation isn't too bad after all.

But good to know if I ever want to roleplay some undead or robotic empire.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: May 11, 2020, 01:43:15 pm »

Refueling systems requires that the ship be in the same fleet as the ships being fueled. 

No, they don't. You can refuel from a fleet containing only refueling systems. The limitation is that each ship can only refuel one ship at a time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 02:04:16 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: May 11, 2020, 02:03:43 pm »

No, they don't. You can refuel from a fleet containing only refueling systems. The limitation is that each ship can only refuel one ship at a time.
Didn't notice the Refuel From Stationary Tanker order.  Still stands you can't refuel underway without the tech to, seeing as we were talking about a tanker in fleet not refueling the fleet.

I've had a story idea bouncing around my head for awhile and space necromancers are an awesome addition to it.  Also now a game of Aurora I might play in the near future.

So start with a base race as your necromancers with a tiny pop and add a second race to represent the undead(just invade them at the start).  Go out and invade a planet, set it up to kill the population (add some chlorine or something) and SM add your undead race to the planet to represent the raising of the dead as the locals die(also probably SM some inferstructure so your zombies don't also get dissolved by the chlorine).  Focus on capturing ships and taking life pods.  Maybe microwave weapon focus.  Call the command units for your GFs Liches, Igor class cargo trucks, corpse wagon tanks.  Hehe, zombies and skeletons in power armor, flying through the skies firing eldritch microwave guns.

Wish there was a button to halt the growth of a population flat out, no more, do not pass go, just stop at this number.  Not like I haven't used SM mode in convoluted ways to do wacky things before though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19825 on: May 11, 2020, 05:32:23 pm »

The tanker has a refueling system, is in the fleet it's trying to refuel, and everything else has run out of fuel so it's not moving. The only thing I couldn't account for was

I think it also needs more fuel than it's minimum reserve.

Is that the minimum fuel option under "miscellaneous"? I changed it to be lower but it didn't help.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19826 on: May 11, 2020, 06:09:43 pm »

Clear all movement orders. A fleet isn't stationary unless it isn't trying to move.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19827 on: May 11, 2020, 06:46:20 pm »

Clear all movement orders. A fleet isn't stationary unless it isn't trying to move.

That was it. I removed all the orders earlier but didn't reduce the minimum fuel, and this time I reduced the minimum fuel, but didn't remove the orders.  :P

Thank you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19828 on: May 11, 2020, 09:30:10 pm »

I think I made my humans non breathing by expanding the max. oxygen deviation to .2 atm. Yes, ok, .2 - .2 is 0, I understand, didn't think about it when creating the race. Still, it is funny that everyone thinks that the temperature ist the only problem on an iceball without atmosphere.

Well, time to change it to something more sensible, maybe the standard .1 deviation isn't too bad after all.

That is so awesome!  I didn't even know that was possible.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19829 on: May 12, 2020, 07:35:16 pm »

Interestingly, it seems Steve's unbent slightly from his previous rigid stance on mods. There's now an Approved Mods section of the forum, with the first mod allowing the player to customize the game's color theme, handle window sizing, and a few QoL tweaks.  It's DB-agnostic, too, so swapping it in or out won't delete saves.
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 1347