Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2815164 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #13245 on: March 01, 2013, 08:27:51 am »

It's DF of the 4x games, your argument is invalid.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: March 01, 2013, 08:45:10 am »

Can you post the carrier design, foarl? I think I recall there being a special part that would speed up unloading/loading things onto ships.
Also, are you sure that wasn't 24 hours? Because that seems a lot more realistic than 24x24 hours.

No, Cargo-Handling controls aren't necessary for carriers, as launch and retrieval of craft carried in hangers is instant.  Cargo-handling is useful for freighters and troop transports, however.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: March 01, 2013, 11:14:13 am »

I won't be satisfied until steve creates nova bombs, planetbusters and quantum singularity manipulation.
Throwing four hundred tons of minerals at earth a month isn't really enough. I wanna throw jupiter at extra-galactic invaders.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: March 01, 2013, 11:47:06 am »

I want missiles that can deliver player-designed biotoxins and plagues onto planets. As the technology for the plagues gets more advanced, they can be tailored for individual species so you can sterilize an enemy planet without touching the infrastructure or dealing with radiation later.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: March 01, 2013, 12:01:39 pm »

Ooh, ooh, race-specific weapons! Deadly gases! Neurotoxins! GLAd to see someone think of that already.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13250 on: March 01, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »

I want missiles that can deliver player-designed biotoxins and plagues onto planets. As the technology for the plagues gets more advanced, they can be tailored for individual species so you can sterilize an enemy planet without touching the infrastructure or dealing with radiation later.

Atmospheric Warheads. They add chemicals to the atmosphere.

I love my Planetbuster weapon series, which are size 100 warheads with nothing else.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:37 pm »

What sort of chemicals? Could I deliver a fine-tuned plague that would eliminate all sentient alien life on a planet while not effecting humans in the slightest? What about delivering toxins to enemy ships, murdering the crew while leaving the ships mostly intact for salvage?

Gidoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: March 01, 2013, 05:47:58 pm »

What sort of chemicals? Could I deliver a fine-tuned plague that would eliminate all sentient alien life on a planet while not effecting humans in the slightest? What about delivering toxins to enemy ships, murdering the crew while leaving the ships mostly intact for salvage?

There's nothing specifically like that, although you could move terraformers into orbit of a planet that has a different atmosphere than your species' standard, and push it to one of the two extremes that you can handle. Eventually the other species would die out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: March 01, 2013, 06:34:00 pm »

There's nothing specifically like that, although you could move terraformers into orbit of a planet that has a different atmosphere than your species' standard, and push it to one of the two extremes that you can handle. Eventually the other species would die out.
They were speculating about what sort of weapons would be interesting to have, not asking if they existed in the game as it stands.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: March 01, 2013, 08:10:33 pm »

They were speculating about what sort of weapons would be interesting to have, not asking if they existed in the game as it stands.
Yeah, this.

ziamatt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: March 01, 2013, 11:51:42 pm »

What resolution are you guys using? The largest I can use is 1366x768 but this isn't even big enough, the menus are cut-off at the bottom. I haven't been able to find a way to decrease the game's resolution so I guess I'm out of luck, unless anyone knows of a solution.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: March 02, 2013, 12:23:16 am »

See signature two posts above yours.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: March 02, 2013, 01:36:50 am »

What kind of a resolution is 1366x768 anyway? I haven't even noticed how games moved on from 1024x768 being the default to this.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: March 02, 2013, 07:45:22 am »

Yeah, this.
Sort of like a Genesis missile eh? ;)
Yet, tailored viruses etc could be an interesting option to add.
However I'd rather imagine it a sabotage/terror option to diplomacy/espionage than an instant-kill combat weapon.
requiring serious biological research and possibly a conquered planet or ship for experimental 'samples' or just contact. And that for each seperate enemy, no such thing as a universal pathogen.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #13259 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:43 am »

What kind of a resolution is 1366x768 anyway? I haven't even noticed how games moved on from 1024x768 being the default to this.

It happened with the general change from crt's to flatscreen monitors which changed the general width/height from 4/3 to 16/9 scale. It's only really been the past few years that it is becoming the default though.

Aurora has always used high windows owing to it's origins as Steve's personal sandbox and his using a multi-monitor, huge monitor setup.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1347