Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2813867 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3210 on: June 11, 2010, 08:20:57 am »

March, 2039.

I discover why I have a terrible shortage of Neutronium and Duranium, preventing me from building any ships.

Apparently Continuous Capacity Expansion does use minerals, despite not saying so.

Well done.
It doesn't say how much it uses because the amount varies. It uses as much as possible each manufacturing period.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: June 11, 2010, 08:22:42 am »

I know. And now it's 2040 and I have two 10,000 ton ships.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3212 on: June 11, 2010, 08:24:13 am »

So stop capacity expansion immediately. Is your civilian mining colony mining Neut/Dura? If so, buy it's output and get a mass driver out there to bring it home then start looking for a good place to mine some more.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: June 11, 2010, 08:28:20 am »

Oh, yeah, I've colonised the Sol system and am working on Alpha Centauri. Mercury is hurling mass at Earth like no tomorrow, and there's a couple of moons and roids too. Now that the Expansion is off, I've got a fleet being built at a noticeable rate. The complete lack of stockpiles has slowed it down, though.

It's just that my gigantic shipyards have prevented me from actually making any ships. I'll never be able to make more slipways now...

I guess this is as good a time as any to perform the opening ceremony on my new range of 300,000 ton ships.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:11 pm »

So stop capacity expansion immediately. Is your civilian mining colony mining Neut/Dura? If so, buy it's output and get a mass driver out there to bring it home then start looking for a good place to mine some more.
Civilian mining colonies have built in mass drivers.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3215 on: June 11, 2010, 12:59:37 pm »

Is that a new thing? They didn't when I played.

Or... I didn't notice.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: June 11, 2010, 01:54:25 pm »

Or... I didn't notice.
It was there since my 79 year game (pre 5.10). So it's not new.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3217 on: June 11, 2010, 01:57:29 pm »

Or... I didn't notice.
It was there since my 79 year game (pre 5.10). So it's not new.
Cool, I just never noticed.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: June 11, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »

Yeah, when you set civ colonies to 'buy', the minerals will be stored there like a regular mining colony, and they have a default inactive mass driver. So you can either Drive them or Freight them.

On Mercury, I have tons of automated mines (somewhere around 300 and growing) and it's responsible for most of my minerals now that most of the Earth's mass has been turned into Slipways. However, the mass drivers aren't taking all the minerals off. Even when I had about 1000 tons annually, they simply wouldn't send enough to keep the stockpiles empty. This seems unusual given that a driver is supposed to send 5000 tons. I have freighters pick up the excess every so often, but it's kind of annoying.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3219 on: June 11, 2010, 05:03:25 pm »

now that most of the Earth's mass has been turned into Slipways
Remember these are just the Trans-Newtonian elements mined from the core. Since their discovery, normal matter is meh and next to useless, also dirt cheap and common.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: June 11, 2010, 06:21:02 pm »

I've build some PDC's at Earth, how do I access/see them?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: June 11, 2010, 07:15:36 pm »

I've build some PDC's at Earth, how do I access/see them?
Selecting the PDC task group will show you all of the ships. To see a specific PDC, select the exact ship in the ship window. Essentially the same way you access/see ships.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: June 11, 2010, 07:36:54 pm »

Is there another stage of production after using Industry to build them?

Edit: Nevermind, they were just being sneaky.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:38:48 pm by Shade-o »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: June 11, 2010, 07:40:51 pm »

Is there another stage of production after using Industry to build them?
No, unless you pre-fab them. Pre-fab'ing them allows you to move them around planets. Then you have to assemble them. Just building them leaves them ready to go immediately.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: June 26, 2010, 10:40:24 pm »

Is there any version or mod of this out yet that allows you to not be forced to go though 2-3 hours in 5 sec increments, manually?
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1347