Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2813802 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #3225 on: June 26, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »

Is there any version or mod of this out yet that allows you to not be forced to go though 2-3 hours in 5 sec increments, manually?
PENGUINS CAN'T PLAY VIDEO GAMES

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: June 27, 2010, 12:48:09 am »

Check automated turns at the upper right next to the turns button.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: June 27, 2010, 01:43:37 am »

Is there any version or mod of this out yet that allows you to not be forced to go though 2-3 hours in 5 sec increments, manually?

Go into space master and make the 2 people fighting allies. Forgot how to though.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: June 28, 2010, 08:54:18 pm »

I give it a try again then, but as I remember it going "Yeah that one rocket, 300 million miles away? ITS STILL FLYING" every 5 sec, even if you set intervalls to one hour and hit automatic speed at 1 day or whatever.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:56 pm »

Have they made a version that isn't full of stupid dependencies yet? I don't feel like installing crap. >.>

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 28, 2010, 10:31:38 pm »

Have they made a version that isn't full of stupid dependencies yet? I don't feel like installing crap. >.>
Nope.

And besides. The only "dependencies" are one measly file if you use Vista or 7. And that's only if you are getting the error. Seriously, there's no reason this should keep you from playing!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 30, 2010, 10:11:46 am »

Okay, it actually works (cheers)

Sooo err...

Fucking mag bombs how do they work?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 30, 2010, 10:55:33 am »

Okay, it actually works (cheers)

Sooo err...

Fucking mag bombs how do they work?
Bombs? You mean Mines?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 30, 2010, 12:44:04 pm »

Unless he means bombs.

To make a bomb, just design a missile without fuel. :P (it should have a life of one second)
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 30, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »

One thing I dislike about Aurora is the exponential tech. Let's say I research missiles to something ridiculous, well, the next research update I get is that missiles get double range and shoot across the entire damn system. If there were more increments of smaller intervals it'd make long epic games feel more like an epic struggle instead of blitzkrieging straight through once I hit a research threshold.

Also, there is no fix i've seen for win7/vista laptop screens. Resize enable and all that crap only works on XP, and my graphics card doesn't do simulated higher res.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 30, 2010, 01:02:14 pm »

Also, there is no fix i've seen for win7/vista laptop screens. Resize enable and all that crap only works on XP, and my graphics card doesn't do simulated higher res.
Resize Enable works on my Vista. Don't know why it doesn't work on yours. If all else fails, grab a desktop screen.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 30, 2010, 01:54:44 pm »

Wish there would be a "fire missle into direction, have its onboard sensors lock on to whatever there is, not just "Well my target is gone, I'm gonna explode now and ignore all the other 30 ships, kthx".

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 30, 2010, 03:31:01 pm »

Resize Enable works on my Vista. Don't know why it doesn't work on yours. If all else fails, grab a desktop screen.
Definitely doesn't work on win7, unless someone knows a fix.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: June 30, 2010, 03:38:04 pm »

Definitely doesn't work on win7, unless someone knows a fix.
Huh, strange. According to this page it works on windows 7 without a problem.

Even the Aurora community says so.

Well, it must be something else. Do you run a 64Bit or 32Bit system? Does the program have an icon in the tray? Or does it not start at all?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: June 30, 2010, 04:40:27 pm »

Runs fine on 32bit here...

Also, again i was defeated... by error 6, overflow. Updating sensor overflow...

I went into sm and removed all of earths tracking stations and deleted all my ships.

Still shows up, around 112 times per 5 sec time increment. (Holding down enter for 20 sec between every 5 secs ftl)

Well bye aurora, again you get discarded for being like this. Such a harsh lover.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1347