Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55956 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Signups for week 3 now open.]
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2010, 04:45:00 pm »

And what, precisely did you do?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2010, 05:54:30 pm »

If I have to bet, let say, making the save impossible to play by pouring magma everywhere ^^ Will say in couple of minute.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 30, 2010, 12:44:21 am »

"As Demonic Spoon stared at the smoking, fiery landscape before him he saw that it was good."

Le Map: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-7922-arche-sgix

Also you get maximum effect out of anything I do if you're listening to awesome music at the same time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:48:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 30, 2010, 12:44:20 pm »

Give 5¤ I win the bet lol! No, more seriously, how the migrant will came now? So if I play, I'll need to put a long bridge over the magma to reach one side of the map. No other choice, the bridge will be trapped, naturally.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 30, 2010, 12:50:40 pm »

OR, we have tunnels into the mountain  ::) .

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 30, 2010, 02:16:04 pm »

OR we can pump the magma into a giant tank with another pump stack.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 30, 2010, 02:26:35 pm »

First solution, defensives issues, second, too long. A good old bridge too drop our enemy in magma :)

I ask you that, how a simple collapse (one wall square) could put an end to the fortress? Lol, I have succeed something I thought impossible :p

Losing my beautiful piece of art. Bah, I have learn something. Stupid dwarf, I'll let them die ^^ I can save now, so if someone wnat a save impossible to play :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:02:44 pm by sir labreck »

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2010, 05:59:16 pm »

Our map still has access through the top of the mountain.  Someone could create a new depot tunnel up there, but of course it's going to be even more vulnerable to sieges because all the raiding parties will start very close to it.

Also, this POI is incredibly relevant to my interests.

Spoiler: "Excuses, excuses." (click to show/hide)
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2010, 06:17:03 pm »

Anyway, I think I'll post anyways, the save can make thing really interesting. Actually magma is flooding a little everywhere, doors have save the day if I can say so. We lost 28 dwarfs. Everyone who wasn't in the hall, chamber our on top of the fortress have die in horrible manner. The chamber are disconnected from the Hall, and people on the top aren't able to go down where. All miner have die, but we certainly have a pick or two somewhere. I'll upload and tell the story ^^

1st Malachite
Life... death... What it's, except concept? Life is a dream and everyone awake of the dream. But me? Armok don't like me much, maybe this is related in the fact I have said he is not enough cruel, or with the lever he told me too pull. He! Wait a minute, that not my body. Argh... But that a crossbow user. Better than nothing, I could have awake in an elf body for what I know.

First I check around. Not too much have change since my death, but too much have change and not enough at the same time. I find my body in a tomb. I was surprise when I see the outside, an ocean of magma, who is the fool who have done this? Whatever. I need to think and encounter the last in charge. I decide that was me now, who lead that crappy fortress. In a dwarfish manner, he step back, good.

Sometime in Malachite
I have order two beautiful creation to be carved, no one will forget me. Also, a bridge will be construct, long bridge, too drop our enemy in this new ocean, of magma.

15th (unreadebale name)
Sabotage! A mason have construct a wall to far ahead in the planing, resulting in a hole in the roof of the underground fortress. Now the whole magma ocean will drown us.

The farm are starting to be filled with magma. Our hand to hand squad is lost. As the farm and must of the food stockpile. The main way up and down is filling also and the industrial quarter won't stand. Only the hall and the chamber will be safe now, hopefully I'm there.

26th ....
I'll step back if someone want to be in charge of this mess. 32 dwarfs alive, on 60. Too bad. Food and drink are low now, but we have water.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1815
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:35:46 pm by sir labreck »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 30, 2010, 09:01:23 pm »

If you don't mind, I'll go through and make that readable for posterity. Some parts (such as "He step back in a dwarfish manner, good.") are omitted for clarity.

Anyway, I think I'll post anyways, this save will make things really interesting. Magma is flooding everywhere, and doors have saved the day if I do say so myself. We have lost 28 dwarves. Every dwarf who wasn't in the hall or chamber on top of the fortress has died in a horrible manner. The chamber is disconnected from the Hall, and the people on the top op the fortress aren't able to go down from there. All of the miners have died, but we have a pick or two somewhere. I'll upload the save and tell the story.

1st Malachite
Life... death... What is it, except perception? Life is a dream in which everyone is aware of one another. But me? Armok didn't like me very much. This may be because I have said he is not enough cruel enough, or because of the the lever he told me too pull. Wait a minute, this is not my body. This crossbow user will have to do. Better than nothing, and far better than the body of an elf.

First I look around. I find that much has changed. I find my previous body in a tomb. I was surprised when I saw the outside world, an ocean of magma. Who is the fool who did that? Whatever. I need to find the dwarf who was in charge most recently. I find that the previous leader had been me.

Sometime in Malachite
I have ordered two beautiful creations to be carved, so that no one will forget me. Also, a long bridge will be constructed, so that we may drop our enemies into the new ocean of magma.

15th (illegible name)
Sabotage! A mason constructed a wall that was too far ahead of schedule, resulting in a hole in the roof of the underground fortress. The whole magma ocean will drown us and burn our corpses!

The farm are filling with magma! Our melee squad is lost! As the farm fills, so does the food stockpile! The main stairwell is filling also and the industrial quarter won't remain unharmed for long!. Only the hall and the chamber will be safe now, hopefully I'll make it there.

26th ....
I'll allow anyone else to become leader. 32 dwarves remain alive, instead of 60. Too bad. Food and Booze are low now, but at least we have water.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1815

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 30, 2010, 11:25:15 pm »

Armok didn't like me very much. This may be because I have said he is not cruel enough, or because of the the lever he told me too pull.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 31, 2010, 12:19:48 am »

Thank Barbarossa ^^ The only sentence I won't change it's that:
Life is a dream and everyone awake of the dream.
That came from a book, and that actually exactly what I mean ^^ For the rest, if it's better in English, thank for the help. I actually write hastily and more in a French style.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 31, 2010, 12:43:41 am »

mmm, drink is actually better then booze in my opinion barbarossa.

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 31, 2010, 04:10:01 am »

What about this one!
Life is a drama, because without it just life would be too boring.
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 31, 2010, 07:53:45 am »

Life is a dream and everyone aware of the dream.
That's your problem, I believe. You can't be "awake of" a dream, but you can be "aware of" it.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33