Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoon]  (Read 55938 times)

KenboCalrissian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or lack of time... this weekend is Valentine's Day, after all.  Otherwise I'd be taking a turn for realsies and not just saying I will before ditching at the last minute ;)
I've never tried it and there's a good chance it could make them freak out.
Do it.
Severedcoils - the Baron Consort accumulation challenge
Severedcoils II: The Reckoning - a DnD 5e Adventure set in the world of Severedcoils

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile

Can I get the 23rd? I have never done a succession game before, though I've had quite a few fortresses in my time :).

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Just take it whenever.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile

I guess I'll take next turn that no one wants. The entire county is under two feet of snow so I'm not going anywhere  :P

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile

Nice, for the snow, you have 2 feet of snow in U.S.A? We, in Québec didn't have, what, 30(1 feet approximatively) centimetres in the last 20 days or so.

Dame nature is really angry ^^
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

ajar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sparkgear IX - Revenge of Sparkgear [Magma flood in progress. Blame the Spoo
« Reply #335 on: February 10, 2010, 03:34:36 am »

I guess I'll take next turn that no one wants. The entire county is under two feet of snow so I'm not going anywhere  :P

Here too. If I look out of the window here at my university I see plowing trails as high as a car when it drives down a road. It's over the knee in the divisional island between the "pass this side" signs. Heck, can you imagine 1 million people fighting against another 0,1 feet  of snowcoat falling almost daily? It's 2 feet snow here already. Actually I'm 6 feet tall and when I walked out of home this morning the snow bed next to me reached my waist and the plowing mounds were taller than me, the highest was at the parking lot and that was neccessarily way over 10 feet high and reached the middle of a street light pole... heck. Trucks move snow into the Baltic sea every day and some of the streets downtown are partially blocked by 8-10 feet high mounds of snow in the crossroads from plowing excess snow anywhere before transportation. It's just a chaos!

edit: now, imagine this kind of snow beds in Dwarf Fortress!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 03:46:10 am by ajar »
And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Jesus-

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

As a kid I always wanted the snow drifts to be tall enough to have entire tunnel networks between the houses so that we could have huge snowball battles fought entirely under the snow.

Unfortunately it doesn't really snow where I live, and I've never been in a snowy area when the high drifts were above 5 feet.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Anyone still playing? If not I guess I could grab the save.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think so. Grab it and try to save it ^^
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Chapter 1: The search for a pick.

...the...the pain. The horribly excruciating pain! According to the reports of my beetle minions, some idiot had decided to build a bridge across the magma lake, made some sort of mistake and caved in a bit of the bridge making  a hole in the bottom of the lake causing it to flood over into the fortress. If it wasn't for my foresigtedness in building doors everywhere everyone would be dead now. Great, just great. Also the aforementioned idiot somehow got me injured. My memory is a bit hazy on that, probably from all the horrible sensations that's flooding my brain. Nevertheless I must press forth or there will be no one to feed me before long. Also I have this perverted craving for water...I must be really sick.

Our first order of business will be to locate a pick. A pick will be vital to setting up new farms and restarting glass production.
More events as they happen, same journal time, same journal place.

Addendum, according to the omniscient accounting books there are no picks, anywhere. I guess I'll horde all the food then and watch everyone starve.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:18:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

Sweet, keep it up--I'm still checking this thread daily even if I don't have the time or creative energy to play a turn.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Super, no pick? Impressive... Think about skip my save in that case, or we jsut can see how long we can survive with limited water and food supply.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

wait for a pick-bearing migrant?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

If you still have access to the well you might be able to pour some out with buckets and start a small farm... (can you designate down stairs as a pond?)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile

We all know there will be a caravan before anyone starves. Just keep the fort free of sieges.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33