Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108089 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #795 on: February 13, 2010, 06:12:23 pm »

yeah, I kinda wish they hadnt nerfed the boars and foxes.  That was one of my fondest memories of the game, the whole town running like hell everytime a fox was spotted.  And really, does it matter to a newb if he is getting killed by a I fox or a X fox?  You get KOd just the same....

The nerfing of hyperaggressive wildlife was neccessary to impliment the Wilderness Spawn.

Imagine trying to do the Wilderness Spawn when Foxes and Boars were still rabid killing machines (regardless of how little sense that makes.)

mithra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: February 13, 2010, 08:49:21 pm »

My guess: everything.
Also, for the purpose of having a community, we need to settle on who will be the first person to play, and then settle on a hearth secret so that we can all wilderness spawn together, otherwise we will be scattered on the winds. If noone else steps up, I'll do it.

You shouldn't do that to start.  Everyone should just wilderness spawn whereever and try to find a good spot.  Then whoever has the best spot setup a hearth secret, everyone else create new characters and spawn there.

Krelos

• Bay Watcher
  • Was nauseated by the sun recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: February 13, 2010, 09:46:59 pm »

If they actually reset -everything- players included, then I may just give this another try. Lost interest last time when I realized that I could never have a prayer of defending myself should anyone want to grief my junk.
Quote from: Ravenplucker
Quote from: Aklyon
Quote from: smokingwreckage
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
or maybe throw them into the large hadron collider to atom-smash them instead.
Not to mention to throw all available animals into tiny pits.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: February 13, 2010, 10:29:50 pm »

Yep, everything is being deleted. Characters, ancestors, buildings, etc. There will also be a new map, with new trees etc. Seems like it'll be fun =].

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: February 13, 2010, 10:37:12 pm »

I'd prefer not to commit to any place before we do some serious exploration. Last time things fell apart because people got too attached to their lodgings.

I'll start my royal city maybe a week after he new map is introduced, so I have enough time to find a spot with good water. Clay and soil can be ported in, and we can make fake villages for teleports to any mines we find. But water you really want locally, because you need it all the damn time.

I think I might start playing again once you locate your dream city location. I was very impressed by the work you put into the previous CoB, and I, for one, would be glad to call you my Dictator-for-Life.

And perhaps an actual Bottleneck again. One large Bay12 town. That would be cool. One thing nobody remembers is that I selected the spot for the original Bottleneck. Crazy, huh?

I still remember. :)

And I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to miss the dire-foxes. I though I was going crazy.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: February 14, 2010, 12:00:21 am »

My guess: everything.
Also, for the purpose of having a community, we need to settle on who will be the first person to play, and then settle on a hearth secret so that we can all wilderness spawn together, otherwise we will be scattered on the winds. If noone else steps up, I'll do it.

You shouldn't do that to start.  Everyone should just wilderness spawn whereever and try to find a good spot.  Then whoever has the best spot setup a hearth secret, everyone else create new characters and spawn there.

We've found from experience that this doesn't work. People become extremely attached to both character and location instantaneously.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 14, 2010, 12:42:14 am »

Sounds fun, count me in.

When does the new map hit?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: February 14, 2010, 01:12:26 am »

I would love to be able to play this game with a bunch of other Bay12er's. Starting off on your own is pretty hard for a newcomer. And there's no real guide to help you. Had to pm with someone to learn the basics.

Anyways, I'm up for the whole village thing after the reset.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #803 on: February 14, 2010, 02:10:44 am »

Sounds fun, count me in.

When does the new map hit?

T-minus two weeks.

While I'd like to see a Great Dwarven Fortress, that may be very difficult. If you get a wilderness start in an area rich in metals, trees, and good water location, then mention that and I think that we can eventually all agree on a place to settle.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: February 14, 2010, 02:18:29 am »

I think I may be interested in joining in as well. With this many people, we should hopefully be able to find a good location ^_^

Pathos

« Reply #805 on: February 14, 2010, 06:34:05 am »

The trouble with settling down like that would be that we would be literal miles away from a decent mine, or any mine for that matter.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 14, 2010, 06:57:16 am »

Might get lucky.

I'm cool with sitting tight until someone finds a good spot and then hearthporting in.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #807 on: February 14, 2010, 07:06:25 am »

The trouble with settling down like that would be that we would be literal miles away from a decent mine, or any mine for that matter.
Mmm?  Ive never had trouble finding mines.  We should be fine, as long as no one confuses the temp camp with the actual town location.
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: February 14, 2010, 08:06:38 am »

I'm in, you guys will have to help me figure out WTF is going on with this game but I want to be part of a mighty civ
Thank you based dwarf.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: February 14, 2010, 10:46:49 am »

Hmm... everyone should start with an alt at a random location, and try to find a good spot around them. Afterward, everyone can decide which spots they want to settle at via vote or something, and everyone can Hearthport in on their mains.

Saves the trouble of a mass migration and all that, from all corners of the 7 Supergrids.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 82