Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 82

Author Topic: Haven and Hearth 2.5. Pretty cool to play.  (Read 108073 times)

Pathos

Re: Haven and Hearth, 2.0!!!
« Reply #765 on: February 13, 2010, 06:40:04 am »

Why the hell aren't Wayneville banned, anyway? All they do is exploit, dick around and act like twats. I don't think they've ever actually tested or reported anything.

Hell, they didn't report that 6mil quality iron until they'd exploited it into the ground and everyone else knew about it. They should've been banned then to make an example. IP banned, preferably.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: February 13, 2010, 06:46:37 am »

Why the hell aren't Wayneville banned, anyway? All they do is exploit, dick around and act like twats. I don't think they've ever actually tested or reported anything.

Hell, they didn't report that 6mil quality iron until they'd exploited it into the ground and everyone else knew about it. They should've been banned then to make an example. IP banned, preferably.

Word. Also, I'll be up for a complete wipe.
It's time for a Republic of Bay 12. The Kingdom of Bay 12.
A kingdom of conscience. A kingdom of heaven power.

We should strive to become the most powerful of villages - and take the land under our protective hands, instead of covering it with pillaging and murder.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: February 13, 2010, 06:49:11 am »

Because as distasteful as their gameplay practices are, it is in fact a legitimate way to play. 'Dick' is a legitimate and accepted play type.

Now at the moment both Jorb and Loftar agree that the game caters to the 'Dick' type far too much, and as the game is developed they intend to massively reduce the impact 'Dick' types have on the game, but it will always be a viable play type.

After all, how would you have raiders if you ban griefing?

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #768 on: February 13, 2010, 06:54:24 am »

I dont have anything personal against the WVers, but it would be kinda cool to try to make a B12 republic strong enough that no other faction dares meddle with them. 

I would not like to see it turn into an attempted world police force, as Xanadu did. 
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: February 13, 2010, 07:01:16 am »

The hearth secret thing will make setting up a town a whole lot easier too, since we can all just run around until a good spot is found and then all hearth-secret spawn in at the person who found the good spot.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: February 13, 2010, 07:07:12 am »

I dont have anything personal against the WVers, but it would be kinda cool to try to make a B12 republic strong enough that no other faction dares meddle with them. 

I would not like to see it turn into an attempted world police force, as Xanadu did. 

I argue we could be a rather passive world police. Letting the world work out how it does, fuck whoever dares to fuck us, and just police the very greatest of dicks.
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: February 13, 2010, 07:11:07 am »

I sincerely doubt we have the manpower to take on the Goons.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 13, 2010, 07:14:18 am »

True that. After the server wipe, I hope some goons will lose the will to play.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: February 13, 2010, 08:07:45 am »

Goons are not a problem. Sabinati's got the helm now, and he's into trading, not raiding.

Oh, and you guys do whatever, I will declare myself a king of some patch of land and whoever feels like it can join me. Don't worry, I don't boss people around, I just want to be the man in charge of city planning, foreign policy and blowing tax money on hookers.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: February 13, 2010, 08:16:31 am »

A wipe is likely to bring me back too, I was active for a while but then other games happened.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: February 13, 2010, 08:19:51 am »

Oh, and you guys do whatever, I will declare myself a king of some patch of land and whoever feels like it can join me. Don't worry, I don't boss people around, I just want to be the man in charge of city planning, foreign policy and blowing tax money on hookers.

If there is some hiq water around, you can probably expect me to be somewhere in your vicinity.  I was just hoping to get a slightly more lively town/town system going than what we have at the moment. 
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: February 13, 2010, 08:54:49 am »

Hmm I'll probably be back after the reset too and I'd love to join a B12 town of some sort. I never did get my skills high enough to try out cartography and I still want to do that but until then I'm a big fan of building crap for other people so being part of a town would be good for me.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: February 13, 2010, 09:06:32 am »

A character reset? that can't have gone down well.

I might be up for rejoining, does Errol still play?
Word of warning though I'm likely to be active early on then slowly get bored again.

Eh, I died by drowning and then stuff slowly petered out. I'm looking forward to the total reset tho. And perhaps an actual Bottleneck again. One large Bay12 town. That would be cool. One thing nobody remembers is that I selected the spot for the original Bottleneck. Crazy, huh?

If you were to play I'd get in again too. Perhaps we should try the wilderness start system?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 09:09:35 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: February 13, 2010, 09:18:10 am »

A character reset? that can't have gone down well.

I might be up for rejoining, does Errol still play?
Word of warning though I'm likely to be active early on then slowly get bored again.

Eh, I died by drowning and then stuff slowly petered out. I'm looking forward to the total reset tho. And perhaps an actual Bottleneck again. One large Bay12 town. That would be cool. One thing nobody remembers is that I selected the spot for the original Bottleneck. Crazy, huh?

If you were to play I'd get in again too. Perhaps we should try the wilderness start system?

I still remember that :)

Hey, I would play too, probably. Depends on time zones.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 13, 2010, 09:43:08 am »

Yeah, something like the old bottleneck would be awesome.  And I prefer to think that you and I together picked the spot for the old bottleneck.  :)
Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 82