Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Horrible Role Mafia - FoS Brigade? - Mafia Win  (Read 44544 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible Role Mafia - Day One - The Mafia Has Eyes
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12:48 am »

Vector: You're defending Toony now.
i.e. you're both scum is how I see it now.

...why you're contesting his lies WHILE YOU'RE VOTING FOR HIM I don't know. Probably one of those things that makes the numbers on the votecount unavailable.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2010, 11:54:48 am »

The previous votecount is correct.
Quote from: In the dying light
ToonyMan: Mephansteras, ExKirby, Vector, Eduren
Apostolic Nihilist: Kashyyk, Pandarsenic
Mephansteras: ToonyMan
Eduren: Nirur Torir
Vector: CobaltKobold
RedWarrior0: Apostolic Nihilist
Just a step to the left (day extension): ToonyMan

Day ends today at roughly 10pm GMT +0.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2010, 12:35:34 pm »

Leafsnail, you have no idea how badly I want to say "And then a jump to the right." ...but lets save the TimeWarp for another time. (Actually I think we got those reversed, but whatevs)

Anyway, I am caught up on the discussion finally.

Great Wall of Text

I propose that no one is allowed to quote this post without paraphrasing. Ever.

Taking the post as a whole, we see that you are supporting your arguments with logical analysis. This is good; people trying to parse, who have semi-hard evidence that they are actively pursuing scum get a few points to their Trustability score. As such, I am tentatively disuaded from voting to kill you on the first day, and would disuade others from the same.

I would say the same for ToonyMan. After his claim, he has let the scum know that he gains powers as people die. Even though this will suck for the town, he can now be tested to verify this (we can see if he inherits a role of whoever dies next) and will in all likelyhood be killed by scum tonight. If he isn't killed, then chances are that his role is actually a scum role. In either case, a lynch on him is a waste, and should be spent on scumhunting those who we can't test yet.

As an aside, (and call it buddying, or whatever you want, but) Toony seems legitimate to me. One night will be able to prove this.

To investigators (if we have any that can glean good information), I would advise you to take heed of suspicious and vocal folk. If you find a scum, it can be hard to incriminate a lurker just on that basis, without revealing your hand. (in this context, I do not propose that this precludes me, in case any of you are going to try and twist this. <_<)

I think CobaltKobold has been a bit on the scummish side with paper-thin logic supporting direct attacks. I still don't have enough knowledge about the scenario to feel comfortable making a serious lynch vote, though. I'll try to get a better read when I have the time later today.

EDIT: (before y'all freak out, it was a formating edit: I botched a quote)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 12:39:33 pm by Solifuge »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 28, 2010, 12:51:22 pm »

I have to disagree with you there, Solifuge. Why would a townsperson with such an absolutely *awful* role be so worried about dying? I understand not wanting to be lynched for no reason, but he's gone above and beyond that. He's very obviously trying very hard not to get lynched. That's a major scum-tell, along with the word-twisting baseless accusations.

No, I'm pretty sure Toony's not town. And I don't see any reason to let him 'prove' that he has the horrible role he mentioned. At best, with that role, he's a Survivor and a distraction from lynching scum when we need to the most.

I say lynch him today and get it over with.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 28, 2010, 12:58:35 pm »

Why are you defending me Solifuge, stop that.

I have to disagree with you there, Solifuge. Why would a townsperson with such an absolutely *awful* role be so worried about dying? I understand not wanting to be lynched for no reason, but he's gone above and beyond that. He's very obviously trying very hard not to get lynched. That's a major scum-tell, along with the word-twisting baseless accusations.

No, I'm pretty sure Toony's not town. And I don't see any reason to let him 'prove' that he has the horrible role he mentioned. At best, with that role, he's a Survivor and a distraction from lynching scum when we need to the most.

YEAH SO?  You know how Town loses?  When all their people die off.

Vector and Meph right now.  Both using scum logic.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2010, 01:02:24 pm »

I'm not defending you; I'm being entirely logical here. We kill you today, we waste a lynch, and the Scum kill someone else. We kill someone else, and the Scum kill you tonight because you're verifiable.

I have to disagree with you there, Solifuge.
[...]
At best, with that role, he's a Survivor and a distraction from lynching scum when we need to the most.

You kinda contradicted yourself there, Meph. ToonyMan is a distraction from voting Scum, which is exactly why we shouldn't bother killing him today.

I must second the motion that we should go for suspected Scum, not Survivors. To propose that we start off killing Survivors does nothing but hurt the town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2010, 01:07:21 pm »

That's anti-town thinking, Toony. Yes, town looses when too many of them die. Not wanting to get randomly lynched is normal.

However, your excessive defensiveness, coupled with the way you've warped what people have said and done in a desperate attempt to get *anybody* lynched, even before you were in danger of being lynched yourself, strikes me as scummy.

Even more, the fact that you've been latching onto any excuse imaginable to try to get people lynched means you're anti-town. You're not trying to find scum, you're trying to get someone lynched. I don't care if you're scum, SK, or Survivor. You're anti-town and I want you lynched.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2010, 01:12:20 pm »

@Solifuge: It wasn't a contradiction, really. I said that *at best* he's a survivor, and a rather anti-town one at that. And considering how desperate he is to lynch people, I'm leaning towards him being scum rather then survivor.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2010, 01:23:34 pm »

I don't want anybody lynched, I want you lynched.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2010, 01:26:47 pm »

I don't want anybody lynched, I want you lynched.

Why? Seriously, why?

You voted me for 'buddying', which I hadn't done. When I pointed that out, you just spewed nonsense. You've never given a good reason to lynch me, you just randomly declared that I'd been 'scummy' and that I should be lynched.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2010, 01:30:15 pm »

Haha, you're voting me because you don't agree with my "buddying" philosophy.
I'm voting you because I do agree with it.

We are voting each other for equal reasons Meph, unless you know your vote is being placed on town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2010, 01:35:23 pm »

Um, no. I'm voting you because of how you've responded to everything, which has been really scummy. It's your actions after voting me that have made me suspicious of you. Not the fact that you voted me or whatever this "buddying" philosophy you have is. Which you still haven't even tried to explain.

Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2010, 01:37:10 pm »

I'm voting you for that too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 28, 2010, 01:41:03 pm »

I give up. You still refuse to actually make sense, Toony. I'm guessing you really are scum, and panicked when things turned against you yesterday. It's the only explanation that makes any sense at all.

I'm leaving my vote on you. After you're lynched, I'll be able to look back on what everyone has done today to find out who your scum-buddies are.
Come play Mafia with us!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 28, 2010, 02:08:34 pm »

Day Extension

Defensive about your post count.
No, just mildly surprised.

Possible buddying.
again, just comment. But I see where you are coming from.

Pointing out people you suspect of scumminess, but not voting.
True, but I didn't want to vote for CK then, as it would appear an OMGUS, and voting AN would be hypocritical.

What's that about Eduren at the end? Something about a lack of posts?
I was attempting to answer his question about why Vector(?) was calling Solifuge Scummy.

Why don't you think ToonyMan is scummy?
Because he has a habit of doing strange things. I believe this is just another episode of that.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36