Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia 2 (Game Over: Town Wins!)  (Read 52001 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Day 1: Watch Out For Mafiosoitis!)
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2009, 07:02:14 pm »

Why would Exkirby ask to claim? I mean, even if its just the name, thats bad. And so easy to lie about it is useless.

He asks to claim in every BYOR, though... I think he's just excited about his role, which is understandable.

Org, why aren't you voting for something you consider scummish?

Yeah, I just meant rolenames. If we think like Web, we can do this right.

Because thinking like Webadict is so easy...
Ill vote for who I think is scummy then! DOnt tell me what to do.
Exkirby
You ask for a roleclaim, and it just seems like a waste.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2009, 07:14:38 pm »

Why would Exkirby ask to claim? I mean, even if its just the name, thats bad. And so easy to lie about it is useless.

He asks to claim in every BYOR, though... I think he's just excited about his role, which is understandable.

Exkirby

I'm saying you are acting scummy, Org... not telling you what you should do.  Touch jumpy there?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 08:08:45 pm »

The purpose of a BYOR is not to try and come up with a name that will force the mod to give you a horrifically broken role

Wasn't what I was wanting. I wanted to see how Web would make it not broken, while still being relevant to the name. It's not relevant. At all. I can think of a few ways to make a relevant role without being overpowered, though they would depend on what the other roles in the game are. Even just going with "you have a nightstick that you can pummel people with, blocking them for one night and one day while they recover" would've been more appropriate.

But really. Partying, Web? If you had caught me at a better time with the PM (say, yesterday), I might have chuckled. But I got the PM when I was already in a bad mood and had a terrible headache. It sent me overboard in the "pissed off" direction. But now that the headache's gone and I've had reason to cheer up, I'm treating it more as a regular role of this type (the only parts of my role I'm not sharing right now are the name (though I've hinted heavily at what it is) and the actual ability Web gave me) than as a role I requested.

...But anyway. Onto the actual game. I FoS Org for...ugh. I can't disclose why due to Mafia etiquette. =/

I also FoS Dak for not paying attention to the person he was voting for.

Bulborbish. So you're relatively new to Mafia here, right? Have you read some old games, either for entertainment or for information?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2009, 08:20:23 pm »

I read them for fun primarily, or to learn a person's strategy

So far I have learned that webadict is alway's scum.

SirBayer, what is your current appraisal on scum based on these random votes?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2009, 08:32:09 pm »

Exkirby

I'm saying you are acting scummy, Org... not telling you what you should do.  Touch jumpy there?
No.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2009, 08:36:19 pm »

Don't look at me, Orbish. I'm still trying to figure out. Gimme some time.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:07 pm »

Meh.  I had tried something like what you did over in another uPick style game and ended up with everything I wished for gutted away. 

Since then I learned to ask for simpler requests.  ExKirby turned IRS into a role much better than I expected (though I'm partial for game-breaking roles ;D).  Webadict could've went lazy with mine now but he went for the crazy so I'm content.  Not gamebreaking but oh well.

Meanwhile, still waiting for Arch.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2009, 08:59:04 pm »

While this could be because you're relatively new, there's not much to figure from. In this post you appear to be placing the blame for this upon yourself. Why defend something that isn't your fault? Why do you place the blame upon yourself? I can only conclude that you must be scum to have something to be blamed for. Isn't that right?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »

And unvote bulb (that's okay, right? I like to shorten people's names). Thank you for providing us with what I think may be something good for later on. That said, I also forgot to actually FoS SirBayer.

I change my vote to MagmaDeath. How do you feel about your role? Note that I am not fishing for a role name or ability, just how content you are with your role. Was it appropriate given the name?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2009, 09:08:14 pm »

While this could be because you're relatively new, there's not much to figure from. In this post you appear to be placing the blame for this upon yourself. Why defend something that isn't your fault? Why do you place the blame upon yourself? I can only conclude that you must be scum to have something to be blamed for. Isn't that right?

...you're not serious, are you?

Because that's kinda, uh, incomprehensibly unrelated. What blame is there? I asked for more time to answer his question before he lynches me. I'm failing to see the connection.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:21 pm »

Unvote.

SirBayer, you're scum.  That's entirely too much overdefensiveness and jumping in RVS to be anything else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2009, 09:14:28 pm »

...you're not serious, are you?

Not completely, no. Doing some pseudo-psychological analysis. Don't ignore it, though.

Wait...Why would you want more time "before he lynches [you]"? Bulb doesn't have the power to lynch you all by his lonesome to my knowledge. Do you know more than I? Or do you have reason to be concerned for your life? You have no need of such strong self-preservation as town during the random vote stage. However, scum always has self-preservation in mind; they wouldn't want to let their teammates down by going off and dying, now would they?

I once again FoS SirBayer. Why do you need self-preservation in the RVS?

[PPE:] Yeah. Vector beat me to it, and in much fewer words. I'm giving you one more strike until I vote you, SB.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:10 pm »

So this brings up a problem I've had in IRC Mafia.

Why the fuck is asking a question a scumtell? A single question and suddenly, boom, scum. Can someone please explain this to me before I get even more frustrated?
Rules are for suckers.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2009, 09:33:12 pm »

Asking questions is not a scumtell (unless your name is Mephansteras :P). The original thing from me was mostly just pressure to see if you'd crack.

You cracked. That is a scumtell.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2009, 09:34:40 pm »

I asked for more time to answer his question before he lynches me.

I don't care about whatever question you asked.  What I care about is this: you have one vote on you, and you equate it to a lynch.  You don't have any thoughts whatsoever, and you answer in an extremely jumpy fashion.

Asking questions has nothing to do with it.  What matters is your obsession with death.... in the RVS.

You jumped.  Now I'm voting you and yes, I intend to lynch you.  Die, scumbucket.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50