Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50

Author Topic: BYOR Mafia 2 (Game Over: Town Wins!)  (Read 51982 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR Mafia 2 (Day 1: Watch Out For Mafiosoitis!)
« Reply #150 on: November 19, 2009, 03:11:58 am »

Absolutely nothing! I'm giving it away in fact, but my contract dictates that i can only give it away at night, and my supplies are extremely limited due to a Federation trade embargo upon my current residence (i sware i had nothing to do with that ship full of women and illicit drugs, i don't know why my name was on the cargo, it's all a big misunderstanding), so i only have the one. Still, i suspect this enterprise will prove mutually profitable to both parties, provided the second party is not infected with Mafiosoitis, of course.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:14:29 am by Neruz »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2009, 03:15:06 am »

I may have slightly edited my previous post a little bit to fix up a typo by accident.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 19, 2009, 07:06:16 am »

Asking questions is not a scumtell (unless your name is Mephansteras :P). The original thing from me was mostly just pressure to see if you'd crack.

You cracked. That is a scumtell.
I always crack, even if it wasn't a question.

Org, even though this is probably gonna be classed as an OMGUS, why the heck did you vote me? I think I MAY have worked out how Web thinks, and maybe if we all claim, we should be OK. I mean, if web DID use random.org, the scum have nothing to be afraid of, right? So I will reclaim. I am teh Invincible Vigorish.
Because you are trying to kill me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 19, 2009, 08:48:09 am »

Unvote

I was just messing with you Sir Bayer. I thought you knew of the customary random vote stage

Neruz , how much does this ship cost?

EDIT: Forgot to color Unvote red
I may have slightly edited my previous post a little bit to fix up a typo by accident.

GET OUT OF THAT HABIT NOW BEFORE YOU GET MODKILLED FOR IT!

You claim to have edited just to fix errors.  We can't go back and see what you REALLY edited.  We don't know if you noticed that you did something scummy and tried to take it back!  We don't know if you wanted to attack someone but realized it looked back and changed the name. 

But you said.... This is a game where 2-3 of the people are LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH.  We don't trust you.  We're not supposed to since that's the whole point.  So no, you saying what you claim to be editing isn't enough.

Editing is a powerful way to hide evidence and cover your own tracks because it's impossible to see what you wrote beforehand.  It's too much so thus all games BAN you from doing it. 

Consider pressing that button the same as turning in your final draft: you can't take it back before it's graded.  If you really want to do it right then his Preview and look it over there.  Once it's Posted, it's graded and if you see a mistake, it's too late to change it.

But get out of the edit habit and FAST before the host does something rash.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 19, 2009, 09:34:00 am »

Unvote

I was just messing with you Sir Bayer. I thought you knew of the customary random vote stage

Neruz , how much does this ship cost?

EDIT: Forgot to color Unvote red
Absolutely nothing! I'm giving it away in fact, but my contract dictates that i can only give it away at night, and my supplies are extremely limited due to a Federation trade embargo upon my current residence (i sware i had nothing to do with that ship full of women and illicit drugs, i don't know why my name was on the cargo, it's all a big misunderstanding), so i only have the one. Still, i suspect this enterprise will prove mutually profitable to both parties, provided the second party is not infected with Mafiosoitis, of course.
You're both being watched now.

Don't EVER EDIT in my game. Or in any Mafia ever. It's against the rules. If you want to edit, use EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post), and change it in the next post.

You edit again in this game and I'll modkill you. Same goes for the next person.

That being said, no one cares if you double post to fix an error.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2009, 10:13:01 am »

@Mod

Leafsnail and Archangel haven't posted since the game started and it's 2 hours before the 24 hour mark.  Prods plz.

ExKirby we're not mass claiming anything.  Even our names is enough to give the scum some idea on what they are up against and using just a name makes is easy for them to hide themselves while gathering that information.  Our roles and their power against them is the only information we have that they don't. 

Though some of us will be pretty obvious very soon anyway.

Now do I need to note you for just being excited and forgetful or do I need to note you for rolefishing?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 19, 2009, 11:27:25 am »

Well, Leafsnail. Wanna massclaim?
Yuh, me stupid, me think we should sacrifice our power roles immediately...

ExKirby, rolefishing while hiding behind a facade of newbiness is still rolefishing.

So far I have learned that webadict is alway's scum.
That would be Pandarsenic you're thinking of.

Why the fuck is asking a question a scumtell? A single question and suddenly, boom, scum. Can someone please explain this to me before I get even more frustrated?
Random and irrelevant questions can be a scumtell from some players (yeah, Meph is one of them), as it makes that player appear to be doing something while actually being passive.

Org, even though this is probably gonna be classed as an OMGUS, why the heck did you vote me? I think I MAY have worked out how Web thinks, and maybe if we all claim, we should be OK. I mean, if web DID use random.org, the scum have nothing to be afraid of, right? So I will reclaim. I am teh Invincible Vigorish.
I'm aware that OMGUS does not work as a scumtell, but overreaction to a vote in the random stage is.  A vote on you at this stage should not be a big worry for you unless you're scum.  In addition, you are most definately rolefishing, even though other players have told you not to, ExKirby.

Sorry for not getting on until now - I left to go to choir just before this game started and couldn't access my computer for the rest of the day.  Archangel really needs to get down here though too...

By the way, I think my role is pretty nicely made, actually considering the randomness of the name I submitted.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 19, 2009, 11:58:29 am »

Hey web.  Is it Deadlines or Hammers?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2009, 12:00:00 pm »

Hey web.  Is it Deadlines or Hammers?

Deadlines. I'm too lazy/computerless to keep track of hammers right now.

@Mod

Leafsnail and Archangel haven't posted since the game started and it's 2 hours before the 24 hour mark.  Prods plz.

ExKirby we're not mass claiming anything.  Even our names is enough to give the scum some idea on what they are up against and using just a name makes is easy for them to hide themselves while gathering that information.  Our roles and their power against them is the only information we have that they don't. 

Though some of us will be pretty obvious very soon anyway.

Now do I need to note you for just being excited and forgetful or do I need to note you for rolefishing?
Okay.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2009, 12:05:17 pm »

Good.  Got worried of a quickhammer.

I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2009, 12:53:31 pm »

Spoiler spectation available?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2009, 01:42:46 pm »

But when IS the deadline? :I

Leafsnail, why are all those arguments exactly the same as Dak's?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2009, 05:04:11 pm »

They aren't, SirBayer.  Those are just my thoughts at this stage, and I suppose dakarian picked up on the same things I did.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2009, 05:10:49 pm »

But when IS the deadline? :I
...Um...

24 Hours?

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2009, 07:45:23 pm »

Can we get a votecount?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50