Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57586 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2009, 02:52:33 am »

OH GOD THE FLAVORBLEED

... Carry on >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2009, 03:05:08 am »

MagmaDeath: Assuming you were town, how much of an advantage would you have to have over a cabal mage to consider volunteering for the ring?
Well, I don't think I would have too much of an advantage, Their stat boosts seem to give them a pretty large advantage to start with,.
I'm going to stick Org And ExKirby out there, since Org always lurks a ton, and ExKirby is just ExKirby...
[/color][/color]
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2009, 03:05:53 am »

Argh.
I always screw up the forum Color code.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2009, 08:19:38 am »

Good day, fellow Wizards!  Since my reign of terror has come to an end (see Wizard Dual 1), I have lain down my dark ways and hope to work with my fellow mages to rid the tower of this new batch of Cabal!

That being said, I do not believe I have played a game with MagmaDeath, Halmie, rickvoid, or RandomNumberGenerator, so where better to start the day 1 inquiries!

MagmaDeath: Assuming you were town, how much of an advantage would you have to have over a cabal mage to consider volunteering for the ring?

Halmie: If you are unsure of the alignment of either mage in a dual, which attribute do you believe would help the tower (as a whole) the most to assist with?  (Assume you are not allowed to No Assist)

rickvoid: What is your opinon of random voting (as demonstrated by RNG & Halmie before I had a chance to finish this message)?

RandomNumberGenerator: Assuming you (as vanilla tower), another tower mage (also vanilla), and a known cabal member (chocolate, as it were) were the only three mages left, which two would you vote into the ring?  (And why?)

Side note:  BE ACTIVE!  (Or I shall do everything in my power to smite thee!)
Good morning all. Just woke up.

I'm going to use the RVS for two purposes. The first is to get the Lurkers in here. Org, that's you. Don't make this an eternal vote.

The second is to prod people for questions.  For example, PrinnyBaal, while I enjoyed reading your flavor text, it was distracting. We should worry less right now about keeping ourselves out of the ring, and more about getting scum into the ring, eh?

rickvoid, explain your username. Does it have something to do with an impenetrable black darkness, or is it a permeable black darkness? And what's with the rick attached to it?

Rick Void was the name of a character I was using for a short lived series of short stories I was writing. Couldn't put him in anything awesome, but I loved the name. I use it for everything now.

Just so everybody knows, I'll be watching the thread at work, on the phone. I may post, but I can't access BBCode, and I don't have brackets on my phone, so I can't type it out there. I should only be off for about seven hours, and then my hunt shall resume.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2009, 08:37:09 am »

"If anyone can tell me why I wouldn't want to see Org and ExKirby in the ring, I should like to know."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2009, 08:38:58 am »

"If anyone can tell me why I wouldn't want to see Org and ExKirby in the ring, I should like to know."
God damnit guys I was sleeping. I cant post while Im sleeping.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2009, 08:40:32 am »

Votecount before I say anything else!

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2009, 09:21:30 am »

Post some bloody content and I'll happily unvote you.

And Panda, if two other had done scummy things, I'd want them in the ring instead. As this is not yet the case, I would be comfortable with that.

Org, FFS, there's only two or three votes on you if I recall corectly, calm down.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2009, 09:22:58 am »

We can't argue with tradition, so I'm going to, if I'm allowed, Double-Vote myself. If not, one on me and one on Org.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2009, 09:27:13 am »

I need the votecount before I say anything though

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2009, 09:35:19 am »

A quick glance gives us;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That, thus far. Now for some sleep-depravity based ravings.

Yea, I realized someone would inevitably object to the RP block- I can summarize next time. I just wanted to get a little flavor going first in my head before I returned the fluff to Meph, so I figured- I wrote it up getting my head working, may as well post it. The last little bit was a PPE, but that's nothing new. Aside from that, it's really not that unusual. TBH, I love doing whole rounds in RP, but I'm always dissatisfied with any post I make that way, so I suppose I'll avoid actually doing it. If people don't mind though, perhaps I could make a "Flavor" spoiler for each post, and then just leave the main post as an actual standard post.

Meh.

As far as silly RVP votes go, I'm totally going to go ahead and give Halmie a random prod, and... hmmm, no one else- guess I'll just prod the Random Number Godenerator while I'm at it, to give him a little vote based love.

Nothings going on so... TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS NOT AIMED AT ME!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2009, 09:41:56 am »

"They're both vanilla, they have no powers- Do you want to throw in another first, or yourself first? It's a rather simple theoretical question isn't it? And fire is rather simple- there's far interesting combinations, besides, isn't Magma both Earth and fire?"

Oh, well if that's the case, I would throw the other guy in the ring. It's simple logic; the survivor of the fight will not have full health at the end, and it increases my chances of winning if he fights before I do.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2009, 09:45:54 am »

Unvote Org as Org is now posting. If he continues to post nothing of content, my vote on him will return.

And yipee! I found the brackets, so I can now vote and unvote from my phone. Still can't see color, so no idea when someone else has voted though.

Holding my vote in reserve for now.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2009, 10:11:37 am »

Prinny, you forgot my votes.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2009, 10:12:28 am »

Unvote All
We can't argue with tradition, so I'm going to, if I'm allowed, Double-Vote myself. If not, one on me and one on Org.

While you've done this before, I'm wondering why you're so eager to get into the ring. Are you a battleage perhaps? Or do you have a bonus to your abilities, fueled by black magic? Either way, I think that ExKirby should be one of the first combatants, so we know where he's standing...

Yea, I realized someone would inevitably object to the RP block- I can summarize next time. I just wanted to get a little flavor going first in my head before I returned the fluff to Meph, so I figured- I wrote it up getting my head working, may as well post it. The last little bit was a PPE, but that's nothing new. Aside from that, it's really not that unusual. TBH, I love doing whole rounds in RP, but I'm always dissatisfied with any post I make that way, so I suppose I'll avoid actually doing it. If people don't mind though, perhaps I could make a "Flavor" spoiler for each post, and then just leave the main post as an actual standard post.
I actually enjoy RP quite a bit, but I feel that this is neither the time nor the place to do this. Not while the Dark Cabal are standing among oursel- oh look, there I go doing it. Either way, try to limit yourself in the future so everyone understand what you're saying, PrinnyBaal.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47