Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47

Author Topic: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Over: All Hail Jim Groovester!  (Read 57569 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Duel - Round 3 - Duel 1 Vote Phase
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2009, 01:02:48 am »

Ok, sorry about all that. Game is back underway now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2009, 01:08:38 am »

Good Org and JanusTwoFace. Let's let the two previous champs fight it out.
Meh.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2009, 01:10:55 am »

I'll vote for MagmaDeath and RedWarrior0, just because of their names.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2009, 01:12:30 am »

Good day, fellow Wizards!  Since my reign of terror has come to an end (see Wizard Dual 1), I have lain down my dark ways and hope to work with my fellow mages to rid the tower of this new batch of Cabal!

That being said, I do not believe I have played a game with MagmaDeath, Halmie, rickvoid, or RandomNumberGenerator, so where better to start the day 1 inquiries!

MagmaDeath: Assuming you were town, how much of an advantage would you have to have over a cabal mage to consider volunteering for the ring?

Halmie: If you are unsure of the alignment of either mage in a dual, which attribute do you believe would help the tower (as a whole) the most to assist with?  (Assume you are not allowed to No Assist)

rickvoid: What is your opinon of random voting (as demonstrated by RNG & Halmie before I had a chance to finish this message)?

RandomNumberGenerator: Assuming you (as vanilla tower), another tower mage (also vanilla), and a known cabal member (chocolate, as it were) were the only three mages left, which two would you vote into the ring?  (And why?)

Side note:  BE ACTIVE!  (Or I shall do everything in my power to smite thee!)
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:45 am »

Good Org and JanusTwoFace. Let's let the two previous champs fight it out.

Bah humbug on random voting with absolutely nothing else to say!  FoS on the both of you!  (Granted, a small one because a lot of people do it)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2009, 01:21:37 am »

Probably speed or healing, as they show who hits and what happens when it does.
Meh.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2009, 01:23:38 am »

And I randomly voted becuase there wasn't really anything at all to go on.
Meh.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2009, 01:30:11 am »

Probably speed or healing, as they show who hits and what happens when it does.

A fair enough response, although I'd personally limit myself to only speed.  Although I haven't updated my simulation script to the new rules, assisting one player with speed (using Air for the assist), would give a Tower wizard a slight boost over a Cabal wizard or a Cabal wizard a significant boost over a Tower one.  Either way, you can hopefully end up with more information than you started with.

And I randomly voted becuase there wasn't really anything at all to go on.

Understandable.  There's never anything to go on the first day, thus most people random vote.  Personally, I think it's kind of silly.  I'd much rather get people talking and get a feel for their strategies and speech patterns.  Especially in a game like Wizard Dual which has a stronger tactical component than regular mafias.

That being said, throw out some questions.  At the very least, you'll get some interesting responses and we'll get a chance to see what you're interested in.  Nothing helps the scum more than an inactive tower!

(Ok, there are a few things, like actively hostile townies, but I don't think that will be a problem)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2009, 01:34:06 am »

This makes me curious why you choose these two over rickvoid for example.  Or rather just RedWarrior, I can understand MagmaDeath.  It's just that Warrior seems like a fine upstanding role for a Tower mage to have...

Perhaps you and RedWarrior are two of the Cabal!  What have you to say to that?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2009, 01:34:47 am »

I meant to say that perhaps you and rickvoid are two of the cabal!

(Bah for no edits, I'm tired.  I'm going to bed now.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2009, 01:38:14 am »

rickvoid, explain your username. Does it have something to do with an impenetrable black darkness, or is it a permeable black darkness? And what's with the rick attached to it?

ExKirby. Can't go wrong with tradition. But seriously, ExKirby, if you vote for yourself again, I will not hesitate to get everyone to vote you into the ring and assist against you during the match. Do we have an understanding?

JanusTwoFace: You're being awfully chatty for the RVS. Really, really chatty. What's going on? You're not Cabal trying to make yourself look good by trying to make the RVS somehow helpful, are you?

MOD: Can you add something in the technical rules about how wizards in the duel cannot perform their side actions? It's been a point of confusion in past games.

Additionally, do we know how many Cabal are around? It's been revealed in the past two games, but since we have slightly more people now, it might not be the typical three.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2009, 01:51:20 am »

First off, who the heck is this PrinnyBaal person.  I have no idea who you are, or how you play.  Therefore, like webadict in paranormal 11, I'll set you through the test of fire, in the ring.

Also, Org, are you going to lurk to the end again for the win?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2009, 01:54:46 am »

*sigh* Too busy today to do things right, I guess.

In any case, there are 4 Cabal this time.

I'll go through the rules tomorrow and clean things up and make sure a lot of the areas that caused confusion in the past are explained better.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2009, 02:21:05 am »

RandomNumberGenerator: Assuming you (as vanilla tower), another tower mage (also vanilla), and a known cabal member (chocolate, as it were) were the only three mages left, which two would you vote into the ring?  (And why?)

Well, I would vote the Cabal in for a start. I don't see any benefit for us two towers to fight it out. As for as putting myself or the other at large... Well, it depends. What are the abilities of each? Is one a battle mage, or is one mainly support?

This makes me curious why you choose these two over rickvoid for example.  Or rather just RedWarrior, I can understand MagmaDeath.  It's just that Warrior seems like a fine upstanding role for a Tower mage to have...

Perhaps you and RedWarrior are two of the Cabal!  What have you to say to that?

I thought it would be fun to see two Fire Mages duke it out, assuming they choose fire as their element. I thought they would because of their names. Do you get my reasoning now?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2009, 02:29:39 am »

A man with lightly tanned skin, and far more functional, if still a little garish armor looks up at the mention of his tournament name; cleaning his ornamental sword as he looks up. A smile plays across his lips, and he lowers his right boot from it's balanced position on his other knee, carefully supporting a sword-

"Hey, I'm a new face of sorts on this forum- Not quite to mafia in general, although I'll happily admit I've found far many more talented players. Regardless- as always, if anyone wants to see my happy little trail go ahead and ask."

A grin already covering his mouth- He nods his head first to Janus, glances around, eyes taking in the few people he recognizes. The sword flips, and goes into the sheath, where he leaves it, unneeded in a hall dedicated to less physical studies. Standing, aware it would be pointless to remain seated at this time.

"On the other hand, over here- I played in Kirb's BYOR, so if you're interested in my play as a cultist, surprisingly bad at the end, I'll admit, go ahead and look over there. As for the ring-"

Shaking his head, he twitches one hand out, as though he were a bird-keeper- and a bird of flames dances out of a tattoo on his raised palm, and alights upon his arm.

"I'd really rather not. I might have been a little more skilled once- but I doubt I'm going to hold my own in the ring. If we must test someone, I can confirm I'll be a good base-line for your average mage, but I honestly doubt I can represent much more. I suspect I might be more helpful outside the arena, although even then mainly to give a hand to anyone going against one of those fiends."

Carefully, his left hand dances across the Phoenix careful not to get burnt- giving the Phoenix a little attention, and showing off the little bit his skills appear to actually be good for. His hand moving on it's own, he pauses for a moment, before making an indication with his head to the moderately sized pack in one corner.

"Ah, I should mention- I've accumulated quite a bit of junk, don't mind it-"

Hearing RNG's speech, he pauses, then answers with a chuckle-

"They're both vanilla, they have no powers- Do you want to throw in another first, or yourself first? It's a rather simple theoretical question isn't it? And fire is rather simple- there's far interesting combinations, besides, isn't Magma both Earth and fire?"
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 47