Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129110 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Just some thoughts on the description:
-"Most of the rabbit youkai live in an old..."
-"Though they are known for being incredibly lucky..."
-I'd also change all cases of "inabas" to "inaba", just because inaba hasn't really become a popular enough word in the west to the point where the plural form has changed grammatical hands, as with kimonos and shoguns. It's mostly your call though.

I think NO_EAT would be fine for adventurers, seeing how you don't need to eat in adventure mode right now.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Make it so that inabas don't come if there's an Eirin-yukkuri once you implement those. Hurhurhur.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

Just some thoughts on the description:
-"Most of the rabbit youkai live in an old..."
-"Though they are known for being incredibly lucky..."
-I'd also change all cases of "inabas" to "inaba", just because inaba hasn't really become a popular enough word in the west to the point where the plural form has changed grammatical hands, as with kimonos and shoguns. It's mostly your call though.

I think NO_EAT would be fine for adventurers, seeing how you don't need to eat in adventure mode right now.

Ah yes, thanks for your input, that proved to be helpful once again. ^^ And yeah, I decided to put the no eat tag on them. But due to thier constant staying in a small location routine, I'm still debating it I should let them be allowed to be controlled in adventure mode. But I guess I'll consider it....
Make it so that inabas don't come if there's an Eirin-yukkuri once you implement those. Hurhurhur.

Eirin yukkuri already exist. :P But from what I know, yukkuri aren't exactly the same as their real life counterparts. They may share some behavior quirks like thier real life counterparts, but otherwise, they're too determined to you know.... "take it easy" Except for the Kimemaru, as they never take it easy at all. :P If there is any proof that the rabbits fear Eirin yukkuris, I will definetly look into somehow implimenting something somehow someday. :3

In the meantime, I got the reinforced bamboo ready, and the Inaba are the only ones who can use it. After some quick experimentation though, I've noticed that the because of certain Entity tags.... [AMBUSHER] and [ITEM_THIEF] (very likely item thief) the Inaba automaticlly start hostile...

This leads me to wonder if the idea I had been considering will be remotely possible. Only one way to find out....Run a fort, and see how things turn out. If the Inaba become peaceful after a while, then this will be a success. Otherwise, if they keep retelessly attacking like Kobolds and Gobolins, then the plan I considered for them will likely be scrapped and changed again for them.

Regardless though, I've gone far enough with them that I'm not turning back now. At most they may turn into a simple variation like the kappa.

Or maybe we all would like hostile rabbits weilding bamboo gear attacking our forts?

But then this brings up a very important question...

What would be the motive for the Inabas that live in the bamboo forest under the care of immortal lunarians to go an attack a drunk oni's fort in the mountains for?

All I can do right now is sit down and experiment with the files I put together and see what results of it after a few years of game play...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:54:34 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Booze of course! But then again, Eirin did scam the three fairies out of a magic worm that produces sake, so I guess they do have unlimited booze already. Maybe for teh lulz?

And you got it backwards. The rabbits (aside from Udonge) aren't under the lunarians' care. It's the other way round!
Or, to quote TvTropes, the lunarians don't tolerate Tewi. Tewi tolerates them!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

Sorry I havent been on the thread in a while been a little busy with moving and formatting my PC ><.

Also can I get a quick run down of what has been happening? I am too lazy to read everything from all 14 mod threads lol

Even if this is one of my favs :P
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry I havent been on the thread in a while been a little busy with moving and formatting my PC ><.

Also can I get a quick run down of what has been happening? I am too lazy to read everything from all 14 mod threads lol

Even if this is one of my favs :P

A quick rundown of what's happen recently with Suika Fortress?

Well, the best thing I can tell you is this:

Plans for the Future

First off, I've been busy writing plans for Release 1 of the upcoming release. Cause it'll likely involve working on some sprite work ranging from making undead sprites for every possible critter since it'll be undead focus, though it'll likely be the major one's I'll mainly be working on at first..

Second, along with Release one, and all the new night creature functions, I've been making plans to throw in more Touhou charaters that will fit their accustom roles. For example, since there's going to be Necromancery, Orin, the Kasha who collects corpses will have a very suitable role doing this since she centers around raising faires from the dead to attack you as part of her spellcard.

Yuyuko, the ghost princess of the Netherworld might also work. But she might need something special for her to work. Such as....instantly killing a Suika? Launching butterfies that invoke instant death upon contact. Stuff like that. Which is why I might not consider her for any release just yet till more magical things are implimented.

Or in the case of Were-creatures, Keine, the human teacher who specializes in her ability to manipulate history to some degree (sealing it in her himan state) and her Hakutaku form (which will likely mean I'll have to make a Hakutaku curse) which allows her to change history. Hopefully her role will remain like she does in Gensokyo, remain as a teacher and have control over her form only to switch to it every full moon. (and making sure she doesn't kill humans in her hakutaku-form unless in self defense.)

Vampires suggest that I can include Remillia and Flandre Scarlet, but may be holding off on them till I can garuntee that they can live in a mansion. Along with Meiling, Patchouli, and Sakuya. :P To be fair, Meiling is likely possible[since she mainly matiral arts] possibly Sakuya [Which I still debate cause she needs to be able to freeze time or teleport at the very least as well as throw knives that she can pick up and reuse], but Patchouli will require a large varaity of elemental magic.)

The fact there will be ingestion syndromes for release one means I'll be able to include some extra features that I wanted to include for some yukkuri for a long time.

For example: The Medicene yukkuri is suppose to be extremly poisionous and if you ever confront one, you'll likely can't even get near it without suffering from her poison. And if you ever kill one, it's probably best to dispose the body cause if you decide to chop it up and eat it, it'll result in you suffering from terrible poisonous effects from vomiting to likely rotting your insides.

And if poltergeist are going to be included into this. (which was hinted in the DF talk), and if I have access to creating additional fruniture, I was considering creating the prisimriver sisters (all 3 of them) I would love it if I could have them be very associated with the musical insturments that they play.

Course like I said before, what I have here is mearly the basic ground work for them. Once with magic become more avalaible into the world in DF, it'll likely mean making the said characters I mentioned above more spectacular. Though right now, Orin's the closest to achiving what I'm looking (minus the danmaku) for assuming Necromancry plays out how I invision it will in the future DF release.

What's going on now?

The Inaba update

Currently I have been working on an updates that will take time to make, but will likely mean more challenges for you in DF.

For starters, I have been working on a new race.

The Inaba Clan, which are a clan of youkai rabbits that live in small disclosed forest locations, mainly where bamboo grows. They mainly have alot of the same qualites to an Elf, but also share some features to Kobolds and humans.

My aim was to make them sort of a sneaky backstabbing type race (trade with you one moment, steal with you next). But I may have ended up creating another race that'll likely seige you and attempt to steal your stuff much like the Biokkuri. (which is ok I guess). Course I've been looking for an excuse to have rabbits like them to attempt to fight you. Thankfully I may have a reason.

Anyways, other than that, Inabas are slightly smaller than Suikas but are known for being quite "lucky". Also the Inabas will make use of castes since the rabbits all look the same pretty much to Tewi.

There will be your regular Inaba rabbit which will be pretty much standard enemy fodder.

Then there's the Black Inaba "AKA Black Tewi", a fanon based creation that is more sneaky and mischivous comapred to the standard Inaba and will have combat skills that far excel the normal rabbits. (But thankfully they are rare (about 5 in every 10000 rabbits)

And now I've considered throwing Tewi Inaba into the mix of the rabbits. Which she will be the most dangerous of all the rabbit youkai you'll fight against. And will have nasty hammer skills to boot. (Chances of her appearing are 1 in 10000 rabbits)

The motive for them to fight? Tewi wants some beer. :P And is willing to use whatever strategy to achive it. After relooking at somewhat canon comic, Inaba of the Earth and Moon I learned that Tewi does actually have a love for beer. And being that she's the leader of a large army of rabbits that live in a bamboo forest along with a pair of immortal lunarians and a lunarian rabbits. I could see her wanting to do something like this on her freetime. It would probably be better than having to wait for a magical worm to produce sake. :P And besides, she's sneaky enough to pull this kind of stunt. :P

Currently, I'm in the middle of running a fort to see if the Inaba play out how they should. And to see if I'll need to make any changes to them. :P

After this I'll be making sprites for them and they should be done.

After that, I will then turn my focus on adding more Yukkuri into the game, some which will once again replace animals. This time though the yukkuri I plan to add will be the more based on ZUN's older Touhou games based on the PC-98 games. Pretty much meaning everything from High Responsive Prayer to Mystic Square.

And if the poll I did earlier leaves any indication, I'll be doing them all of them. Which means I'll be pretty busy. But since most of them are creatures, they'll likely go quicker than what I'm working on right now.

Any plans for the deep future?

Two of them come to mind!

1. Lunarian Capital race: I have been thinking about this for a while and realize it would be interesting to have the battle of Silent Sinner in Blue we never had. A real Lunarian War! Lunarians are in the drawing board phase right now as this will be one race that will take some time to put together. The idea behind them will be to make an uber-dangerous threat.

The Lunarian Capital race is said to possess state of the art technology that could vanquish a youkai with ease and could lay Gensokyo to waste. But they rarely ever make contact with Earth since they rather avoid the "unpurified land". So far, they only had two conflcits with Gensokyo (both caused by Yukari, the elder youkai of the borders who invaded the moon capital)

And since the second war was mainly a destraction just so she can steal their legendary sake. :P I think they would likely find an excuse to retaliate because of that. :P

Lunarians Capital race will likely consist of Lunarian rabbits in the army. Who will all possess out of this world technology that will be different from earth. More powerful and made of an unknown material that no other race will have. And since they'll likely have war with you, they will all possess these dangerous weapons....

Imagine light sabers, Bayonette Rifles, and laser based weapons.

Yeah that's the kind of stuff I'm talking about that. :P Don't expect this to be out anytime soon though, I still have alot of planning to do with this.

2. Suika Fortress Succession game

When I complete the Inaba and PC-98 yukkuri update( assuming I can complete it before the Release 1 comes out), I want to consider holding a Suika Fortress Succession game. That will be a "Cross-Forum Project" The idea will be to hold it both at Maiden of the Kaliadoscope forum and Bay 12 game forum. As I need more players to make the game fun.

I don't have all the details on this yet, but I will probably be the one who will be sending messages regarding game play and comments back and forth between the forum when we play this. (This is because the MotK game section where they play RP games also hold Mafia there, which they restict access to those are aren't regular memebers so it'll be helpful to get thier feedback from somewhere.)

But yeah that's in a nut shell on what I have planned for Suika fortress now and in the future.

Oh and sorry to hear about what happen to your PC since I did see the video of it. Though I'm glad you'll still be able to do the LPs for all the DF mods. ^^
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:05:56 am by Totaku »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What a shame you cannot add a [Speed:0] tag on creatures as Sakuya or myon would be really easy to add :3

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What a shame you cannot add a [Speed:0] tag on creatures as Sakuya or myon would be really easy to add :3

That would be something I could see Tengus do rather than Sakuya and Youmu. :P Since setting the speed to that would result in Rocket like speed. Which is something I know Aya and likely other Tengu could achive easily. XD Course the only reason I haven't included Tengu yet is because of the stories I hear that races that fly tend to mess up badly (or was it only if they're playable?). Maybe I should experiment in the future?

And setting the speed like that to charaters like Sakuya wouldn't give that teleport feel. :P

Course Youmu's a complicated case too. For starters, she's a good swordsman, but also a talented gardener. She has sword skills that can cover a whole lot of ground quickly. So the big question here is: How to make a girl like her move at a normal rate and then only accelerate when unleashing an attack? That'll likely require a future update down the road. :P

Also Youmu need to be equipped with a pair of swords. Which she should be able to wield or duel wield properly. Again, there's some complication with this. Tewi will be a good testing ground chracter to see if I can somehow make a charater wield a weapon that fits the charater, but otherwise, if not, it'll likely be a future update down the road. (and another DF question for the DF talk.) Course her sword techniques need to be flashy too. You know leave aftershocks and cuts of energy or something.... (probably magic oriented) also need to be with Yuyuko, :P

Course now that I think about it, I may need to see if speed:0 would also be a bit of a risk cause.... well if the said charater moved that fast, they would be able to attack at an insane rate before your charater get's a move....  I think. Yeah that's something I'd have to look into.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:44:09 am by Totaku »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

SPEED:0 gives quite a rediculous combat advantage.

Adding specific weapons to non-civ creatures doesnt seem to be possible, though you can add a bodypart that funtions like one. You can even give it a custom materials that yields the weapon upon butchering, though butchering Youmu might be somewhat distasteful...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

In that case, it would probably be easier and more tasteful to just make Youmu's ITEMCORPSE Roukanken/Hakurouken.

Think you can hit me up with a link explaining how you'd do the whole thing with "a custom materials that yields the weapon upon butchering"?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

Im not sure if there is any wiki page on this, but heres what I used for my armor man creature.

You make a bodypart like this:
Code: [Select]
[BODY:HALBERD]
[BP:HALBERD:halberd:STP][CON:RH][CON:LH][RIGHT][EMBEDDED][CATEGORY:WEAPON]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]

And give it a material that includes a tag like this: [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_HALBERD]

When you butcher the halberd bodypart, it yields a halberd made from the material with the butchery tag. Along with whatever other tissue layers you put on the bodypart.

You can do this with just about every item. The game is totally OK with a dog yielding dog spleen tables. Only problems are making gauntets doesnt work, and that you cant use stock inorganics for it, so you cant melt that possibly rather useless halberd down into usable steel.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you get wierd stuff like 'armor man high boots [2]' if you have multiple identical butchery items.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:18:24 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.93 or V6.93 Now with Touhou Night Creatures!
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2011, 10:44:42 am »

Wow, I've been out of the picture for that long? Seems like I had been busier than I thought!

Anyways, I'm trying to shake off minecraft and get back into this. It seems now I'm seeing signs that Release 1 could be approching much closer since Necromancery are near completion. So I need to get some things rolling here...

First off, I know when I left off I was making the Inaba. They're mostly done, though I still need to make thier sprites.

Then of course like I said....
PC-98 yukkuris. I'm going to likely make most of the crew that I know I can achive to yukkurify.
And finally with Ten Desire's release. I now have more charaters to yukkurify. (Seiga, Tojiko, Futo, Miko, and Mamizo)

To be honest the 10 Desire group may be sort of hard to achive with unique behavior chararistics till further magic comes down the road. To be honest. They'll likely have alot of simalar quirks to other and some will not be included.

Here's some of my ideas for yukkurifying the 10D crew.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But yeah, this is where I stand ATM. I will likely start production on the Inaba sprites this weekend and try to get Suika Fortress up to speed for it's Release 1 release.

Any thoughts or questions you want to add could be nice. I know I haven't been here for a while. But yeah life and minecraft eats away at you. :P

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2011, 07:36:19 pm »

Ok I've started on my first work on the Inaba sprites. I'm still needing to take some time to test them on the field since I haven't done that much with them yet. But it'll likely occur sooner or later. And as usual I'll be giving the Inabas thier own set of sprites based on thier class. This will be a slow process but I should soon be able to get running.

Sort of need to considering it seems Release 1 is looming closer.

Anyways here's a sneak peak!

Tell me what you think as always feedback is always nice.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:23 pm »

The Suika mod lives!? *cheering*
I've been working on my own secret Touhou-related mod as well... keep up the work! I have been thinking of adding in new races myself, and using the Suikas has crossed my mind since I don't have to make icons from scratch. My current mod, I had a friend make me a base and I did the rest, but he won't make me faeries. Darn friend.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2011, 05:17:26 am »

The Suika mod lives!? *cheering*
I've been working on my own secret Touhou-related mod as well... keep up the work! I have been thinking of adding in new races myself, and using the Suikas has crossed my mind since I don't have to make icons from scratch. My current mod, I had a friend make me a base and I did the rest, but he won't make me faeries. Darn friend.

Glad to hear there are always more people out there who still interested in my project. ^^ And it always intrests me to see other Touhou related mods in the works. So I look forward to it. And if you want to use my Suika sprites for your project feel free as long as you know who to give credit too. :P (in terms of sprite work that it)

Anyways, Inaba sprite construcition is now 50% done. I'm down to the military Inabas, doctors and priests. Most are likely not going to be used till later updates when the other races get tweaks. But better prepare now and wait for the day so I can make things easier in later update...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But anyways, once the Inabas are done, I'm going to get back in to DF again and attempt to play a fortress run to see if the Inabas function the way they should.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33