Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129077 times)

Godmouth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod looks awesome, but just as an aside, it's pronounced Toho. O's as in "or". Not Toehoe. There is no way to write anything like an "oh" sound in Japanese.

Anyway, if I get back to df I'll definitely download this mod. Good luck!

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile

I also forgot to mention that I had tried to make the Miyako yukkuri release miasma (by making it self rot) but it didn't go well.

You can add a tissue layer of fluid or gas that functions like miasma and has the [LEAKS] token.

it's pronounced Toho. O's as in "or". Not Toehoe

It is going to be a long and miserable life if you spend it correcting people about this.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile

I also forgot to mention that I had tried to make the Miyako yukkuri release miasma (by making it self rot) but it didn't go well.

You can add a tissue layer of fluid or gas that functions like miasma and has the [LEAKS] token.

That part I understand. I know how to make a creature secret a liquid or gas to create miasma. That part isn't the problem. The problem is three factors:

1. It leaks out too quick. In quick bursts, if you look at the Medicene yukkuri and Letty yukkuri, they are good examples of gas secreting. I want it to come out slowly...just like what happen when you leave a corpse for too long in your fort. Thus not possible. Which is why depending on how much freedom we'll have with the undead with Release 1's update I may be able to fix Yoshika yukkruris then....

2. Giving Necrosis to the Yoshika yukkuri and allowing her to to be affected by it causing her whole body to rot and produce maisma seemed like a good idea at first...

However, due to the fact that the yukkuri is "alive" one cut, and she'll leak pus all over and start suffering infection until it dies.

It's because of this I can't exactly allow the Yoshika yukkuris to have any "undead" like attributes, but hey, they got vicious appitites.

And 3. Maisma's main feature is to cause many unhappy thoughts among Dwarves (or Suikas in my case). Using symptoms will not exactly cause that without having to drag them to the hospital for treatment. Since I can't make it produce standard maisma, it sort of looses the feel...

But again, like I said, I'm riding on the hope that Release 1 will grant me more access and power to the undead so I can allow the Yoshika yukkuris to rot properly and be "undead"  and be potential pets all at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:59:44 pm by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake

You can just disable infections for them, I think?

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can just disable infections for them, I think?

Do you mean by removing pus? I'll have to look into that cause I didn't try that out. So that might be worth a second try to attempt to make this.

In the mean time, all this talk about lycanthropy in the recent updates has me hyped mainly because this can allow me to possibly add Keine among the cast.

Course it's a matter of if lycanthropy can be modded in or not. I really hope this will be possible since we already have "werewolves" even in our default games.

Course I doubt Keine's role wouldn't be any more different from a "law-giver" for the time being since I don't think there are any "educational teaching" positions in DF yet. Only Military teaching sadly... Course, I realize that another deciding factor that I must have to make Keine possible will be to make sure she will only live among a human settlements and ONLY a human settlements. Seeing her in a settlement that's not human would just seem wrong.

Just some food for thought while I wait to work and earn my pay so that I can turn my focus on Suika Fortress once again.

Oh and don't forget that if you want Ult1amara to do more Suika Fortress LP after the first one you'll need to vote for Suika Fortress in his review topic in the mod section. Just thought I remind you all.

Edit: Guess I late cause it looks like the polls done though it looks like this mod will get some additional air time so I definetly got to work on this when I get my pay next week.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:05:26 pm by Totaku »

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

There's a tag like GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT and GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS or something similar. Does removing it help?

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews

Edit: I also noticed Ult1mara has given my mod a rating. And personally surprised how good it is. I know some things aren't going to happen yet due to my "limitations" but that why I sit back and wait for the updates as the slowly come along. Cause "eventually" I should be able to make a pretty accurate form of Gensokyo in the long run. Even if it is barbaric and crazy. I just hope I'll be able to launch tons of danmaku on the screen one day.... oh the FUN we can have with that!

The reason y I rated the mod so highly is due to you Totaku. Since you are such an involved and kind modder I thought it only appropriate ^_^. And the mod itself is pretty good, turned out to be one of the top 4 for the ppl on the Reviews Thread ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

I agree, Totaku is a grade A cool dude.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a tag like GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT and GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS or something similar. Does removing it help?

Actually that was the answer to everything! So this actually resolved a whole lot of problems I had with making something rot and beable to remain alive so once again, thanks for your help!
Edit: I also noticed Ult1mara has given my mod a rating. And personally surprised how good it is. I know some things aren't going to happen yet due to my "limitations" but that why I sit back and wait for the updates as the slowly come along. Cause "eventually" I should be able to make a pretty accurate form of Gensokyo in the long run. Even if it is barbaric and crazy. I just hope I'll be able to launch tons of danmaku on the screen one day.... oh the FUN we can have with that!

The reason y I rated the mod so highly is due to you Totaku. Since you are such an involved and kind modder I thought it only appropriate ^_^. And the mod itself is pretty good, turned out to be one of the top 4 for the ppl on the Reviews Thread ^_^

I agree, Totaku is a grade A cool dude.

I totally appriciate that you like my detication and helpfulness guys. ^^ I try my best to work on the mod when I get the chance and always try to improve it so I can give you all something worth while to play since I could see how the crossover between Touhou and DF could fit so well I am certain it catch others attention eventually...

Anyways, here's what's up!

As of this point, I have successfully managed to finished my first 2 weeks of work thus earned my pay to keep my internet afloat, so I will be be keep things going on! ^^

So as of this point, I'm starting work back on Suika Fortress.

Course as a heads up, I have been informed that in a few weeks from now I will be working under my part time shift 7 days a week. So I will not have much time for rest. And I will be rather busy, but I will be able to update Suika Fortress, that's a given now! It just might be a little slow right when I start working 7 days a week. But either way, it'll be this that'll keep my head above whatever while I work on Suika Fortress.

So do expect updates to come soon.

Anyways, while the Miyako yukkuri is fixed now and should be in working order. Depending on when the next update is finished, I will likely be having to tweak her again along with the other undead creatures (zombie faires and earth sprits.) It all depends on how the tags play out here once release one is up! Who knows I may add some more stuff with this release!

But right now my current priority will be the Inabas which will be a slow, but interesting progress.

Edit: Well scartch that, I'm working 7 days / week today. Guess I'll need to rest up for tonight, but yeah I'll still be able to update.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:11:18 pm by Totaku »

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn dude ur working 7 days this week that sucks man :(. And ur welcome ^_^

Just get RL sorted out first am sure we can all wait for more updates just keep us posted lols

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

new video up

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome, I already saw it and so far, you've done better like I said in the comment. So I don't think there are any complications. Like I said in the video comment, you should get to work on crafting and stuff before the fall so that at the very least you'll have some more things to do (or maybe you'll be lucky and get a miner) It's sort of interesting to see mountain onis like Suika making wood cabin lodgings. But I still think you best prepare for the worst. >:3 Cause I know there are some dangerous wild life out there especially since you chose to live in a forest area (4 times out of 5 of my embarks in forests had these nasty surprises. >:3)

Moving along...

I'm busy trying to adjust to my new work schedule since working all week for 4 hours at night will be something to get use to.

In the meantime, I'm have looked at Toady's DF talk, and it seems that with the recent talk of night creatures to be introduced into DF sooner or later, Toady has pretty much given the basic ingridients to make a semi- functionable Gensokyo. All that it needs is better path finding for fling civs (fairies to name a few) and of course as I said a hundred times over.... magic. We have necromancry, which is a good start, paticularly for me introducing charaters like Yuyuko and Orin into the ball game.

And the fact we're going to have vicious ghosts and moving fruniture could lead to the basic components for the Prisimriver Sisters (please make it so that I can customize fruniture! It would be fun to be attacked by trumpets, keyboards and violins)

And with Threetoe's indication of vampires. It sounds like Remilia and Flandre could be possible. But to be fair, their system might be a bit complicated. Since what I'm looking for to make this possible is the following:

Two vampires living in the same mansion co-exsisting with one another
A maid servant, a door guard, a magician libraian and her pet demon (or succubus depending on how you look at her) all working in the same mansion with said vampires.

And of course a luxurious mansion....

Note, that if I can successfully make charaters like them work like this, then charaters like the Myouren and the Chidiren clan will also work out properly.

Also the creatures from the black lagoon and ghost pirate stuff also seems like a lovely invitation for bring in more feral kappa and possibly Murasa. But there's a lot I need to consider to make this all play out.

Oh and the brief mention of gods and calling upon their divine power to aid them seems to suggest that Sanae Kochiya, Kanako and Suwako could all be possible in the for seeable future as well. It's all going to depend on how gods can manifest into the real world later on, and also how much we can customize them.

Either way the future of a more Touhou based universe in DF is becoming more of a reality thanks to Toady's input! And I already got a few questions that I'm going to throw his direction for the next DF talk. Who knows, maybe I'll get my questions answered? Cause some of them will be very improtant for future updates and how I plan out later updates to Suika Fortress.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:42:16 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, it's time to get these gears a turning!

Today I have put some focus on constructing the Inaba. And managed to build their basic charater behavior. Pretty like I stated, they are going to be a mix between the Elf and Kobold in thier construction (and hopfully) behavior. I've also added a little extra bonus to them as well. So here's a sneak peak.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I realize I should probably give them features that display that "Their ears are white" and no how.

Pretty much Inabas are slightly smaller than Suikas, but are quick on thier feet and agile to boot. But I also plan to introduce a unique metal for them to use. Though it's not really a metal, it'll behave like one and only the Inabas can use it. This will be "Reinforced Bamboo" Which will be a strong reinforced version of bamboo the Inabas will use as armor and weapons (sometimes) which will have the simlar level to something between Silver and Iron. So fighting them might be dangerous, but I don't expect Inabas to be an overall threat. But then again, I expect them to make life tough for you since they'll likely trade with you one moment and steal from you the next. :P (I hope)

That's all I have to report for now... I'll update with something later on...

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok time for me to continue on my updating with the Inaba update...

As it stands right now, the Inaba are pretty much ready for Phase 1 of their civilization survivability. As it stands right now I've finished their charater build and thier entity tags. One the most part, they are suppose to be like a elf/kobold mix, but they seem to also contain some more civilized habits. I assume this because if the rabbits areliving outside of Enieitei, they would need to set up a little strong hold so I assume a burrow. So they're going to live in elf like settlements (as in...they won't be visible to you post world gen.)

I have debated if they need forts too. This is something I think would be a bit of a stretch... even for the rabbit youkais of Enietei. So we're going to go with something more primitive....

Also their one of the few races that'll likley be barefoot except in wars which is sort of how I see them anyways. Considering Tewi is mainly barefoot in almost all of her presentations.

Other than that, the Inaba are going to be natural born liars thanks to Tewi's convincing. :P And probably won't mind taking a thing or two while trading...or at least I hope this will work out. :P But then again, they're pretty lucky too. Which might benifit them.. there's alot to be experimented upon here, but I'll likely have something to report on it shortly.

As for thier Ethics, most of it is simalar to the elf except for the lying bit and stealing, though I'm subject to change this if there are better suggestions....

Finally, I noticed, stealing and all that stuff is releated to the activity of thier season I think...so I guess they'll only steal during the spring time.... no reason to have Inaba caravans occur every season... that would be annoying....

Anyways, here's a look at the Inaba's Entity raws...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well that should do it for now. Any feedback regarding the Inaba or future ideas of Suika Fortress would be most appriciated. For the time being I will begin work on this. And don't be surprised...as things are subject to change as I work on this...

Anyways, if everything proves to work well via world gen and behavior, then the next step of business will be to work on Inaba modified bamboo weapons and armor. And thanks to the hype of bamboo technology being talked about on the board, I might get some leads to help me here...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:36:57 am by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I've spent the last few days attempting to fix up the Inaba.

First off on their typical Arena mode testing, they have turned out pretty good there. My only main issue is that the ears are divided into two descriptions. But when I think about it, I would have to likely have the body structure retweaked a bit to make it work. Which I might do sometime later in the future.... Either way though this works fine.

Second, the Inabas in world gen. They're sort of a mixed bag. On one point, they seem to be very good at thier multiplication tables. (It seemed only suitiable. :3)

But at the same time, they are very prone to dying off early mainly via starvation. So far, I gave them cannibalism, which is how I got this Inaba that lived for so long. And then I even tried dropping the amount of children they can have. But it seems to not result in much change. Because while they seems pretty awesome, they don't seem to be very "lucky" if they're starving to death too often.

The only way I can really seeing this work is if I end up giving them the [NO_EAT] tag. Which seems odd. I was going to include them in adventure mode as a playable race, but now I'm reconsidering about this for two reasons.

1. The fact they won't need to eat if I include the [NO_EAT] tag (though eating doesn't seem like a common thing to be concerned about to begin with in adventure)

2. The fact they live in very small and secluded area. (Which I personally think is accurate considering they mainly live in the Bamboo Forests of the Lost in Gensokyo)

Anyways, I would like your input on this if possible since it might help me out here. :P

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33