Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 294576 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Crap arguments like this-
Quote from: dakarian
You say you have evidence on Webadict.. mind bringing that out?
Lessee, pull this out of the webadict tab. More when I finish through thread (49/102) Old webadict sum: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=44270.msg855250#msg855250 . There is also some in the prior post which is fairly juicy.
I'm fairly sure I've linked my evidence many times. It's unlike you to miss details like that. You've been doing it all game. But more on that when I finish- there's a wall of it on you. You're also a bit higher on the typo scale than usual.

Answers to questions(because yes, they're something I should deal with before I post ten walls)
How can you forget your own mafia theory?
"Doctor is alive= scum" is a case I have encountered...twice now? It seemed like something to attack at the time, and I died shortly thereafter if I remember correctly (semi-unlikely). The rest of my mafia theory is based on things that have come up in basically all of the beginner and paranormal and whatnot games, so more instances helps me remember them. So, I forget my mafia theory in instances where it does not come up a lot, like other things I forget. "how"...well, I'm not a neuroscientist.
Why would you rather remember player meta over your theories on what is and isn't scummy play?
It's not a case of 'rather'. Meta is how people behave, and easily sticks with characterisations of them in memory, aside from the face. Again, something that comes up every single time someone posts, unlike the doctor case.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I also notice that neither Vector nor Dakarian specified what game/provided evidence, now I think on it. Which game are you claiming this theory reversal is from?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Basically, he had the time to post that he doesn't think someone is suspicious and that he should not vote someone who he knows is town, which is basically saying he's blatantly lurking. Look elsewhere to prove it: He's got time for Paranormal, but not here, not even a few minutes.

I honestly think you do this on purpose...

It's good to see you provide reasoning. Try to continue doing so.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

It's a crap argument to ask you to locate information you posted nearly a month ago deep into page 38 of day 1!?  It's a crap argument to ask for your reason to attack someone!?

I do that all the time.  Why AREN'T I public enemy #1 to your eyes right from day 1? 

Lessee, pull this out of the webadict tab. More when I finish through thread (49/102) Old webadict sum: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=44270.msg855250#msg855250 . There is also some in the prior post which is fairly juicy.
I'm fairly sure I've linked my evidence many times. It's unlike you to miss details like that. You've been doing it all game. But more on that when I finish- there's a wall of it on you. You're also a bit higher on the typo scale than usual.

You posted the link once that I spotted so far.  Yes, it was to my post about it on Day 3.  Yes, I missed it since it came in on turkey day and was right below a mass of quotes.

Answers to questions(because yes, they're something I should deal with before I post ten walls)
"Doctor is alive= scum" is a case I have encountered...twice now? It seemed like something to attack at the time, and I died shortly thereafter if I remember correctly (semi-unlikely). The rest of my mafia theory is based on things that have come up in basically all of the beginner and paranormal and whatnot games, so more instances helps me remember them. So, I forget my mafia theory in instances where it does not come up a lot, like other things I forget. "how"...well, I'm not a neuroscientist.
Why would you rather remember player meta over your theories on what is and isn't scummy play?
It's not a case of 'rather'. Meta is how people behave, and easily sticks with characterisations of them in memory, aside from the face. Again, something that comes up every single time someone posts, unlike the doctor case.

That answer seems reasonable.  There's still the question whether you are trying to cover up a mistake.  However, that's a small thing compared to these matters:

1. Why is it that it that when someone threw an attack that you seem to actually have a decent  answer for your first instinct is to try to get them killed rather than actually answer them? 

2. Why did you get into a poking match with just about everyone that spoke against you, including trying to prod Toonyman to keep attacking me, rather than answering the charge?

3. Why, after I focused on you, did you seem content to try to get me lynched when I was closest to being lynched but once everyone focused on you the answers are quick and fast?  For that matter, why did it take L-1 to bring it out?

4. You say you have a "wall" showing that I'm not acting like 'town-Dakarian'.  I'm still waiting for it and I'm hoping its not an overgrown spelling and grammar check.  One link isn't "multiple times" and missing said one link isn't exactly "unlike me". 

5. Since I had to repost my argument 3 times to get an answer, does Vector need to post his 2 more times to get his?

1. WIFOM spreading and cautiousness.
3. Flimsy reasoning in a person who is known for his well-composed arguments.
5. Emotional ploys (not the one I thought I saw--the ones about headaches and short-term memory and all that)
6. Contradictions (First he can't remember BMIV, now he can, etc.)

I removed 2 because you answered it.

I removed 4 because you quasianswered it, but also because of meta.  You had gone quote heavy in BM4 as well.  It's a Null Tell though since we don't know how you act as scum, but it's not a scum-tell.

The other questions though, both Vector's and mine, need to be answered.

Sidenote: Vector is the one arguing about your actual theory reversal.  I brought up the oddness of your defense itself.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do that all the time.  Why AREN'T I public enemy #1 to your eyes right from day 1?
No, it's a crap argument to ask me to do it, and then say I never responded. There are half a dozenish cases of this on you (not specifically against me) or so, and counting while I read.
You aren't public enemy 1 because, well, at the time webby was more scummy.  Presently his file is scummy but less so than yours (these files will be posted ...sometime soon, anyway, 80/103)

1. Why is it that it that when someone threw an attack that you seem to actually have a decent  answer for your first instinct is to try to get them killed rather than actually answer them?
Be more specific, please.

2. Why did you get into a poking match with just about everyone that spoke against you, including trying to prod Toonyman to keep attacking me, rather than answering the charge?
I already explained the toony bit- I was uncertain in the mass of this thread what had happened to this claim. It's been brought up a few times since, as I'm finding as I reread.

For the rest, finding fault with an argument against me is the best way to deal with it- and not answering it is far worse. If you mean something else by poking match, you'll need to specify.

3. Why, after I focused on you, did you seem content to try to get me lynched when I was closest to being lynched but once everyone focused on you the answers are quick and fast?  For that matter, why did it take L-1 to bring it out?
I have had a few bad experiences with quicklynches. Answering things are more likely to get me the time that this uber-scumfind is taking. scum.

4. You say you have a "wall" showing that I'm not acting like 'town-Dakarian'.  I'm still waiting for it and I'm hoping its not an overgrown spelling and grammar check.  One link isn't "multiple times" and missing said one link isn't exactly "unlike me".
I've been rereading the thread (and eating/showering) for the past eight hours. It's coming, along with ones on my other prime suspects, and the conclusions.

Since I had to repost my argument 3 times to get an answer, does Vector need to post his 2 more times to get his?
No.
Vector's questions.

There is one point of alleged wifom- the doc is alive thing. Presently, I agree, and sirbayer is actually coming up pretty...sirbayer in this scan.
3. Flimsy reasoning in a person who is known for his well-composed arguments.
I really shouldn't have posted on holiday, I think. I was basically pointing out each scummy thing as it floated by, and...that doesn't look very town. (This game has rather absurd levels of the stuff.) So, now that holiday's over, back to being more serious.
5. Emotional ploys (not the one I thought I saw--the ones about headaches and short-term memory and all that)
I view them more as that I was explaining why I did things. If you want to look, I generally try to explain why I do things.[/quote]
    6. Contradictions (First he can't remember BMIV, now he can, etc.)[/quote]I read BM4. There is, in fact, no claim of "doctor is still alive" that I can find. The argument that I appear to have been caught in there is someone "calling doctor lucky" which I thought fell close to "praising the doctor". (The other three games I've been in that are over, KWN/SMOL/BYOR, had no doctors.)

Now, notice:
Quote from: vector

2. Inconsistency about the way he fundamentally thinks about Mafia in two weeks' time.
6. Contradictions (First he can't remember BMIV, now he can, etc.)
ALL of those are dependent on this alleged and in fact false claim about BM4. and...guess what? That's also the basis on which you voted me!
Allow me to elaborate. I use short-term memory for mafia games I'm in- it lets me switch more easily between them. It should also have quicker access, but I don't think the analogy between cache misses and longer-term memories is so good

Reading old games is different. I can collect someone's behaviour in short-term and then bin it into "town tell" or "scum tell" when they flip, because the game is done, it can be read quickly.

Nobody's asking.

It feels.. 'meh' to me honestly: a mess in an attempt to explain away an inconsistency.  Besides, the argument is over mafia theory, which SHOULD hold over from one game to the next.  How can you forget your own mafia theory?  Why would you rather remember player meta over your theories on what is and isn't scummy play?

unvote 

Vote CobaltKobald

Thus putting an FOS on SirBayer to hear the resolution of the doc issue.

I feel like I pulled the bottom card out of the house of cards that is standing against me.
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Basically, he had the time to post that he doesn't think someone is suspicious and that he should not vote someone who he knows is town, which is basically saying he's blatantly lurking. Look elsewhere to prove it: He's got time for Paranormal, but not here, not even a few minutes.

I honestly think you do this on purpose...

It's good to see you provide reasoning. Try to continue doing so.
Oh, you mean when I reworded this post?

[snip] His role does as claimed [snip]

Ok, so we do have confirmation that his role blocked you. I was waiting on that, although since it sounds like the whole Chuck Norris thing was an odd joke from another game I guess it doesn't matter as much.

unvote Sirbayer

As to why he's still alive, I'm guessing it's because he's a doctor role that has a negative effect on a missed protect.

I'm not going to vote dakarian, since I have evidence that he's town.

So...time to look at CobaltKobold a bit harder.

He's not going to vote dakarian because he knows he's town, but he's not going to vote CobaltKobold, because he doesn't have enough info.

Two different situations; One very similar answer.
Which I posted a few posts before you couldn't understand basic English and then attacked me for a terrible reason?

Yeah, I'll remember that you need to learn things twice before they stick into your brain. Kk, thanks bye.

By the way, I'm saying that you're dumb and that you won't remember unless I say it twice.

Crap arguments like this-
You say you have evidence on Webadict.. mind bringing that out?

If the doctor is scum, then vote me. Okay? Because right now, there's no reason to not do so, according to your information. And, since no one is voting for me, it would give support to your own, albeit terribly inaccurate, theories.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dakarian: Your arguments are weak, and frequently less-than-fully-reasoned. They are normally strong, and full of vim and vigor and REASONS. I'd need to scan to gather evidence...after chapter 7.

Last time I heard a statement like this was with Mr.Person and what came out after that scan was a mass of misreadings and flat out wrongness.

My vote is on SirBayer because he is acting scummy RIGHT NOW, and I don't wnt to take it from him until he's been shaken and some data fall out. My vote would be on webadict because I had a fair amount of evidence on him, but people seem to be giving him a pass(!), so I'll look around for some more scum in the meantime. Dakarian is the worst on this list, but he's third.
I'm the worst but I'm third?  How does that work?
Found unanswered question: at the time, webadict was primary target. Sirbayer is the "attacking now to see if scum falls out" (I appear to not be good at persuading people to lynch) and then, Dakarian is the worst of the rest (at that time)- but, being below SirBayer and Webadict, is third in line, while being worst of "and the rest".

to answer webadict's current question-1. not voting anyone 'til I'm done with these mondoscans 2. webadict, you are no longer the worst thing out there, for all that your early meta was screaming otherwise.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DAKARIAN CASE
« Reply #1537 on: December 01, 2009, 12:15:33 pm »

Dakarian's Pile of Scumvidence

My favorite Mafia buddy would definitely be Janus, since he was a Cabal Archmage and managed to convince Kirby to Justicar the wrong person, which was beautiful and single-handedly won us the game.

I'm not sure if he's in this though.
He is not, thankfully, as my j key is currently the one giving me trouble.

Which key, k?

Mr.Person, scum tend to at least get through the RVS before they start failing to read closely at the text.  Or did someone Bus your J key with a K key?
flimsy argument-attributable to rvs.

Feels bloodthirsty (lynch anyone) in rvs. (supported later: see the hopping on bandwagons with Meph.)
Passiveness.. from Webadict!?

Unpossible
This is...VERY not Dakarian.
Want something real?

dakarian. That's something real, you stupid moron.

That's a vote. You're passive and unemotional.
Staged fight?
People truly underestimate RVS.

This was one of the better ones, I think.  Shook a lot of folks up and provided a lot of targets to aim for.

Honestly, I'd consider anyone who doesn't have SOMEONE they question highly suspect at this point.. or lurking :P.

Fakeedit:

Insults just show you to be emotional.  That means you're either losing control of yourself as scum, or easy to control as town.  You were in Bay 12.  Turning on Jerk Mode just gets townies killed.

It took me FOSing and prodding you to FINALLY get something real out of you.  That's not a good sign.

I didn't put much stock towards your vote because you had nothing to attack.  "Scummy!" is vague and senseless and your anti-OMGUS claim is new and untested, and doesn't work well when it just catches someone who's questioning others while focused on a real threat.  You should've seen that I'm pushing Eduren and he's not done my questions yet.  You're acting ugly but not enough to make me give up on Eduren to hunt you.  I'd rather you keep speaking so I can read you better.

Unemotional: null tell.  I don't consider one vote with little content more than a RV. 

A real attack, but it took a good few prods to get it out of you.  Noted.

Insulting, but that's your personality.
Duh, saying nothing important: noted.

It took you're talking a lot to make me think you're scum. Big difference.
Stagedfight.

They fight a while with much sound and fury but little content on either side...both lack explanations for much, calling each other on it hypocritically...
Dakarian used a smiley? I don't remember dakarian using smilies.
Something tells me that I may have to do a Wide Scan.  A bigger part tells me that Wide Scanning 19 people will make me cry.  *sigh*  Beats doing it in day 3 I guess.
Appeal to emotion. Missed that earlier.
I go through a mountain of mess and the result is anti-climatic.

*KICK*
APPEAL TO EMOTION X2 COMBO
As for my own self, I needed to rest after that last post.  I'll be able to dive in soon enough. 
x3!

(tutorial on scumhunting, followed by telling Neruz what to do)
Firstly.. let me get this out:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tHERE..*cough*  There, I feel better.

(snip)

Now I need to go actually READ the #&%*(4 thing.

And calm down a little... :P
X4!
also, note these appeals to emotion feel...hypocritical, when viewed with respect to this:
This isn't a mess: we actually have good info here.  This is Scumhunting in regular form. 

It's taking a while because...well.. that's how long it takes when you don't rely on power roles and luck.  Over in the mafiascum forums, the first day can go on for 3 weeks with only 9 people and, trust me, those weeks were NEEDED.   
It's so Obvscum that it's warping in on itself and starting to make himself look town again! O.o
Undakarian.
So, uh, guys. Sorry for not posting. I'm fairly ill. I can't see clearly if my head isn't facing almost level because my eyes water, my sinuses are congested as all heck, and my head hurts. So, yeah. Not well.

So since I'm not following the whole thing perfectly (I've read all of it, and I hope I get it), I'm going to ask Webadict: Why do you feel the need to be so obscenely aggressive? And very angry. It's not very productive to make people angry, is it? Emotional people don't do anything mental quite as well.

If there was an answer to that, please tell me and I will look instead of asking.

Until I get an answer, Unvote Eduren. Since I think that's who I was voting.

I'll butt in.

Part of Webadict's recent meta is that he hates not being listened to.  He's been lately been getting more and more hostile when he's not being read properly, seeing someone attack improperly, or when he's not listened to.

He's always been aggressive.  The emotional aspect is based on that dislike and his looking for a way to 'make people see sense'. 

Why the answer?  Because his emotional outburst and aggressiveness is a null tell.  It's part of his personality.  Like it or hate it if you like.  However, remember that we're not after people who are bothersome or even unhelpful.  We are after scum and ONLY scum.

And, to be blunt, annoyance and unhelpfulness are NOT actions that are seen by mostly scum: it's just as likely to see a townie be that way as a scum.
...and defend/buddy Webadict!?
Seriously guys.  Stop the nonscum lynching.  Killing Web because's he's a prick.  Killing Shadow because he writes in 3 words for one day.  Killing Eduren even though a nolynch will mean he frys (when we get close to lylo, it'll be another matter).
So...uh...wow. Buddying on web after stagedfight.
We want to kill web because he's scummy and wants town to die.
2.  Just did a quickscan on Leafsnail:

First he Randomvotes ExKirby then later defends ExKirby, then fusses at him.
(snip)
OHBTW, Leaf was the 3rd vote on the Web bandwagon.  3rd vote scumtell strikes again!

(snip)
Btw, the web vote: 4th vote, soon after Leaf's vote.

Unvote(Cheeetar), I believe ExKirby is scum.

Talk, NOW ExKirby.  I don't have to wait for a bandwagon to wipe you out.
...you're doing all these things that you accused Exkirby of before you killed him. Hypocrite.
Dakarian... you should've known better than that. You played that game. You were the Webadict at one point in that game.

Dakarian, why didn't you consider what that meant?
Fakeedit

#%)*)%  I didn't think of it!

Well, it's not all horror.  If the Webadict trick works the same as last game, the switch ONLY occurs if the old webadict dies the same day.
Dakarian...missing points, TWICE (Vector also posted the transfer rule) then pointing out how this means "don't kill webadict now" He'll continue to do this later, ignoring things I say.
OTOH, we have two normal scum that were scum D1 and still scum D2.
Dakarian states the number of scum differently to what everyone expects. Normally I'd let this slide, but...he has done it a few times.

1. So long as I Vig someone today it's fine.  Basically I'm giving the town two lynches in one day.  I'm only aimed at you because you're my highest suspect. 
Or, Giving the scum two mislynches in one day.
You said you have a good role.  Claim then.
...on day 2. Now, think to day 1:
Rolenameclame! I'm a Rook.

SirBayer? Hello?

Rook.  That smells of one of my creations. 

However:

Rolefishing:  Noted
...Wow, another hypocrisy?
@Mr.person

You're starting to bother me with this rush job.
I was moderately bothered by your rush ob. fuck, j key again.
Wouldn't it be funny if ExKirby died for no reason whatsoever?
Undakarian...

Oh. He also missed the giant robot roleblock. Missing details like this is seriously undakarian.

Not a whole lot d2 once Neruz decided to be transcendently scummy- going after that sort of thing doesn't say much, and a lot did it.
@Everyone

I highly, HIGHLY suggest that we leave Neruz and Toonyman alone today.  We need to wait until they stop trying to force us into a gambit before we know what to do with them. 

Instead, I ask you, when you stop lookingn at Neruz, Toonyman, and the WIFOM insanity that is the KWN situation, what makes Meph anything but scummy, based on what we know of him so far?
Well this is mighty strange. As is
dakarian: I point it out because it seemed odd to me.

I think defending Toonyman from Neruz's attack does tarnish your reputation...as, while Neruz is being scummy, he has been making arguments in the same vein as I- that Toony is apparently not being very forthcoming on his reasoning. (Like webadict, which is highly unusual for webadict).
BTW: I've deemed Neruz's response about the 3/4 thing insulting and condesending.

Meanwhile, it seems the town has a problem with Neruz, Toonyman, Webadict, and Meph.  Add the people who've gone into the sidelines/lurker mode and we have a VERY busy day 3.

Btw, scum only get to walk away from a near lynch when the town is unwilling to go back to the past days and continue where they left off.  So long as you're willing to go back and reread the past days, combine it with more recent work, and continue your hunt, your prey will always be caught in the end.  That includes the 'unlynchables' like Toony and Web.
that.

I am reminded of something, lemme find it- it won't be in order, but
@Cobalt

About the blocking

It still doesn't explain the leafsnail death. Unless there's a Superkiller or a double killer out there. I still believe Leaf used his power.
Quote from: Pandarsenic
Eduren, too vague. I will grant you this one, though: The one-shot protection stops anything I can think of offhand except a kill by the Lord of Chaos or a Lynch.
Now, dak claimed Lord of Chaos. Who...is a superkiller by Pandarsenic's word here. And he keeps claiming that there's one mafia short (3 instead of 4)
Vote Dakarian. You're lying, you haven't been aggressive all game. You being passive is a scum-tell, thus, you're scum. Double whammy, really. You also haven't answered my question, which was how predefending oneself was scummy.
I'm not the only person who thinks this cat is off.
Meh, OMGUS never worked as a scumtell and Mr.Person's post was about as bad as they come for attacks.  If you're going to attack me, do something other than spend the entire post defending yourself.

Some webadict-highlighted hypocrisy. I'll gladly do more than spend an entire postseries defending myself!

D3. Dakarian decides Mr.Person attacking him merits a scan. Feels reactionary. Also, the end.
I now believe you will suit well as the next lynch.
Note how he doesn't say "you are scum," he says "You're a good target." Small, but there.
When you have a confirmed scum (Leafsnail) you can then scan the posts to try to catch their scummates.  Some will buddy.  Most will distance.  Almost all will act 'funny' to each other.
It's looking like you're acting funny with Toony, Meph, Web. All your votes seem to be in each other, except when there's an easy lynch target that someone else has set up...or someone is attacking you (Mr. Person, in your case)
Save it until lylo, since the mafia don't seem afraid of it or else they'd kill you already while you were still blocked.
...oneshot powers should not be saved until lylo. Seriously. scum.
That WAS my answer.  You ask why I feel it's better to use it on lylo than tomorrow when I DON'T.  I'd rather you use it on someone who claims during our debates. 

But if you want to Mass Claim and check, you're better off waiting till it's close to lylo.

Save it until lylo, since the mafia don't seem afraid of it or else they'd kill you already while you were still blocked. 

If you want, you could always check out Meph who's already claimed or anyone else if we send them to L-1 then find a claim that keeps us from lynching them.
Error inconsistent
We also have the other batch load of folks.. though the thought of a widescan on 57  pages (83- the 26 I already widescanned) makes me cry.
Appeal to emotion NUMBER FIVE.
First off, the biggest matter: the conversion theory.

That...is a damn good theory I have to say. 

(snip)
In any case, I can see the argument for Convertscum-dakarian.  Beyond explaining why I did what I did the most I can do is hunt while I can. 
This is true, but...you're doing a poor job of it because of what you are.
@Web

I don't know Eduren's meta.  Meanwhile, Toony disagrees: he says that self preservation ISN'T part of his meta.  That's why I'm on him.  I'll take your idea that he DOES act like this normally into consideration, but I want to hear more from him before I leave him alone. 
Mr. Person saw this, I do too. You're attacking...on someone else's argument (Toony's). Then, you claim to be "No, no, you're misreading me", and...same post as that?
[@MrPerson]you backpeddle, laugh off your mistakes .
.Hypocrisy. Again.
From what I've seen.  Eduren don't give jack shit about defending himself, atleast Town.  Hmmm....

And with that, I am officially done with my RVS.

Eduren, last time i made an early attack like that the person turned out to be scum.  Did I just do it again?

then a big fight with Mr. Person, which comes out meh. He scores a few points against you I won't bother quoting, but mainly hypocrisy.
Btw, these people have not posted once all of today:

SHAD0WDump
Eduren
CobaltKobold
Rashilul
Shad0w's up for replacement, which you ignore
@Cobalt, mind showing where SirBayer claimed Doc?  I missed that one.
Another detail missed, building on my meta case.
@Toony

Note that the vote I did was due to me failling to unvote properly (as Pandar mentioned).  I was technically the 3rd vote.

As for why, my personal statements against Cobalt started here which was prompted by Vector's analysis of him a few posts back.  After the linked post, me and Cobalt fought it out-the argument can be seen in the posts after the link.  Thus, along with Confusion and a faulty defense his attack singed less of "Dakarian is scum" and more of "get off of me!"
AAaand...thirdvotes. I see where you're coming from with the "When you look at scum, they tend to be there"- it's right here!

Anyway. That's my case on dakarian.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
SIRBAYER EXAMINATION(2/6)
« Reply #1538 on: December 01, 2009, 12:16:52 pm »

Spoiler: SirBayer (click to show/hide)
So he's somewhere between scum and buffoon.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MEPHANSTERAS CASE(post 3/6)
« Reply #1539 on: December 01, 2009, 12:21:26 pm »

There isn't a lot to go on here, but here it is.
Spoiler: mephansteras (click to show/hide)
Also a bit of...strange interactions.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

No, it's a crap argument to ask me to do it, and then say I never responded. There are half a dozenish cases of this on you (not specifically against me) or so, and counting while I read.
You aren't public enemy 1 because, well, at the time webby was more scummy.  Presently his file is scummy but less so than yours (these files will be posted ...sometime soon, anyway, 80/103)

And so we wait.

Confused?  That's a scumtell btw.  I showed it to you just a few posts ago.

To recap:

When I write THIS

You could've answered with THIS

But instead you answered with THIS

You didn't miss the post because your attack post was based ON that post, yet you didn't make one comment ON my attack.  Your first instinct wasn't "let's answer that question" it was "get this man killed"

I already explained the toony bit- I was uncertain in the mass of this thread what had happened to this claim. It's been brought up a few times since, as I'm finding as I reread.

With the batch of folks who have spoken claims long ago without follow up, or people who haven't made a claim at all, you just happen to bring up someone who is 100% dedicated to trying to get me lynched: more so than anyone else that voted for me.

Again.. it screams of "Toony, why is this man still free to bother me?"

For the rest, finding fault with an argument against me is the best way to deal with it- and not answering it is far worse. If you mean something else by poking match, you'll need to specify.

Right after the accusations done against you, you threw one line attacks against me, toony, and Vector.  Considering that, out of 14 people, you prod (without vote or FoS-the FoS on me came later after I fussed at you for it-or even a very strong attack) the two people making a big case against you and someone directly after one of those two, it seems a very odd set of people to poke at.

I have had a few bad experiences with quicklynches. Answering things are more likely to get me the time that this uber-scumfind is taking. scum.

No, the question is "Why didn't you even bother to answer anything until L-1?"  Did you think you could push it all aside if the town finished me off?

I've been rereading the thread (and eating/showering) for the past eight hours. It's coming, along with ones on my other prime suspects, and the conclusions.

Very well then.

As to the questions you have on Vector, remember that they are VECTOR'S accusations.  I brought them up because one of MY issues is question dodging, which you did a very good bit of until you went into L-1.  He'll answer to those replies when he gets in.

As to myself:
ALL of those are dependent on this alleged and in fact false claim about BM4. and...guess what? That's also the basis on which you voted me!
[/quote]

Incorrect.

My original reason for voting for you isn't using your BM4 meta.  My original argument was your logic about mafia theory and how it fits with your defense. 

If I were to put an analogy: Cop says you were seen at the bank that was robbed.  Defendant defends that they don't use banks but carry cash instead because its safer.  I argue "Wouldn't that mean you're carrying a batch of cash that can be robbed from you easier than in a bank?"

In the analogy, I'm not arguing that you were in the bank, just the logic behind your defense.  I don't know if you actually said what you said in BM4.  I just know your defense rang wrong to me.

After tons of prodding, you finally spoke up and explained yourself.  That helped against my original issue.

The problem: the posts between my original argument and your answer are so full of Scum it hurts the eyes. 

So NOW my argument against you is:

-You deflect accusations to attempt to get other people to target them rather than you.

-You use any attempt to lynch someone you can grab, even if you don't believe in it (i.e. my 3rd vote).

-You claim 'I was confused' when defending yourself..unless you've been given plenty of time to 'think' about it.

As far as the whole thing with Vector, I'm watching to see what he brings to the table.  As it stands now, you don't look too hot to me.

@fakeedit

Before I read the WOT I'll have to note: you have all that on me and consider me worse than Web but YOU STILL HAVEN'T VOTED ON ME!
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile

Oh hey, I forgot to explain the Chuck Norris thing. XD

See, I post in tabs, and uh, I lost track of which tab I was in. Both reading and posting. I kinda blended together KWN: DE and this one for whatever reason. (hint: it has everything to do with retardedness)

Dak, I just noticed something - a while back you were trying to get me to resolve the "doctor issue". So I ask you this - why would you ever assume I could accurately respond to that question? Your guess is as good as mine ever was.

Of course, I think that's a town-tell, reflecting. Still, I'd love to hear about that.

Cobalt: I appreciate the part where you totally ignore the fact that I did offer evidence, just didn't link to it.

I cited you on the WIFOM well before anyone else, scumbucket. Don't pretend like that didn't happen.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DEFENSE INTERMEZZO
« Reply #1542 on: December 01, 2009, 12:33:18 pm »

You didn't miss the post because your attack post was based ON that post, yet you didn't make one comment ON my attack.  Your first instinct wasn't "let's answer that question" it was "get this man killed"
(snip)
@fakeedit

Before I read the WOT I'll have to note: you have all that on me and consider me worse than Web but YOU STILL HAVEN'T VOTED ON ME!
1. I was primarily responding to Vector.
2. the vote's in the sixth post of six, be patient. I'm putting the important stuff like votes in their own post so they're obvious.[quote
No, the question is "Why didn't you even bother to answer anything until L-1?"  Did you think you could push it all aside if the town finished me off?
I was addressing it in a different manner. Getting pushed to L-1 rather drove home the fact that I was doing it wrong.

Quote from: cobaltkobold
Confused?  That's a scumtell btw.  I showed it to you just a few posts ago.
I can't address the accusation if I'm not sure to what you're referring. You do basically this with web multiple times.("What hole?") +1 hypocrisy to the pile.

OT: Anyone remember the post frequency limit?
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WEBADICT CASE(Post 4/6)
« Reply #1543 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:47 pm »

Y'know, it'd be nice if people would READ these. Last time I made one it didn't seem to. I'll link my old analysis of webadict when I come to it.
Mephansteras. For always being scum. He's scum again as well.
[SCUM IS ALWAYS SCUM]
Hmmm...

We'll see. Unvote.

Oh, and I dunno...

SirBayer is pretty scummy, I suppose.
This is not town-webadict. This is weak and vacillating.
From what I've seen.  Eduren don't give jack shit about defending himself, atleast Town.  Hmmm....

And with that, I am officially done with my RVS.

Eduren, last time i made an early attack like that the person turned out to be scum.  Did I just do it again?
Scummy.
Quote from: webadict link=topic=44270.msg852651#msg852651
It was a generalization, I suppose!

Passiveness.. from Webadict!?

Unpossible
This is strange behavior for you, Webadict. Random voting? Not having a big list of scum printed out? You keep changing who you're focusing on? Something's off with Webadict, I can tell you that for sure. Webadict, who is the scum?
Others agree something is off with Web
People truly underestimate RVS.

This was one of the better ones, I think.  Shook a lot of folks up and provided a lot of targets to aim for.

Honestly, I'd consider anyone who doesn't have SOMEONE they question highly suspect at this point.. or lurking :P.

Fakeedit:

Insults just show you to be emotional.  That means you're either losing control of yourself as scum, or easy to control as town.  You were in Bay 12.  Turning on Jerk Mode just gets townies killed.

It took me FOSing and prodding you to FINALLY get something real out of you.  That's not a good sign.

I didn't put much stock towards your vote because you had nothing to attack.  "Scummy!" is vague and senseless and your anti-OMGUS claim is new and untested, and doesn't work well when it just catches someone who's questioning others while focused on a real threat.  You should've seen that I'm pushing Eduren and he's not done my questions yet.  You're acting ugly but not enough to make me give up on Eduren to hunt you.  I'd rather you keep speaking so I can read you better.

Unemotional: null tell.  I don't consider one vote with little content more than a RV. 

A real attack, but it took a good few prods to get it out of you.  Noted.

Insulting, but that's your personality.
Duh, saying nothing important: noted.

It took you're talking a lot to make me think you're scum. Big difference.
Stagedfight?

They fight a while with much sound and fury but little content on either side...both lack explanations for much, calling each other on it hypocritically...
And I told you: I don't do Meta.

While everyone else might not agree...I think Web is a townie. Mainly for all the raeging. And he did that in P11 and he was a townie.
I told you: I don't do Meta.
...translation: No, your townmeta on me is false.
Also, this is as plausible as Mr.Person's "I have a strict anti-WIFOM policy".

Webadict gets to L-1 or 2. Cheeetar attacks...doesn't hammer...EDUREN PARDONS (or claims to). Everyone gets off him...and mysteriously, never come back.
I'd rather claim while I can instead of not doing so, because some of us know that lynching a town member is actually CONTRARY to the town's goal of lynching the mafia.
...remember how webadict was advocating shad0w's lynch independent of Shad0w's scum/town status? Hypocrite.
I'm glad you're trying to provoke a response. Now, tomorrow, if you don't give me a detailed response about why you couldn't help out before, used faulty logic to vote for me, and are active lurking, I will get you modkilled.

Yeah, it'll kill me, but it'll be oh so worth it to make you gone.
Old webadict sum: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=44270.msg855250#msg855250

Web gets up to 5votes, aaand...Neruz is the one who unvoted, causing the unbandwagon...and flipped town. meh.
Wow...

What was that?

Also, Rashilul is very scummy.

AND SCREW YOU ORG FOR BEING A HUGE ROBOT! Why on EARTH did you block me?
Webadict continues to not supply much in way of reasons.
Seriously guys.  Stop the nonscum lynching.  Killing Web because's he's a prick.  Killing Shadow because he writes in 3 words for one day.  Killing Eduren even though a nolynch will mean he frys (when we get close to lylo, it'll be another matter).
Interesting.
Hmm...

Along with Org...

Mr.Person is probable scum.
So is...

ExKirby.

And... Rashilul or Redwarrior0.
He misses that Exkirby is dead. Unlike webadict...

I can't find anyone anymore...

I still believe dakarian is scum, too, though no real feeling is holding...
Very unlike webadict...
Also, Neruz was town.  I was right you stupid people.
Then why did you hammer him if you thought he was town?

The game was stalling and I wanted a fresh start against you/scum.
We coulda at least tried to lynch someone else, no?
...OK tht sounds quite strange. Like...oh, Toony and Web scum.
They keep their old role
They cannot repeat the REPLACE action
They gain his one-shot revive if it was not used by Leafsnail originally.
Man, screw you.

I'm calling for a Massclaim, because this is ridiculous.
day...3...massclaim...wtf. seriously, THIS IS NOT TOWN-WEBADICT. He's smarter than that. (He does catch a few coming out-Sirbayer and Cheeetar.)
4/14 are mafia.  (or should be =P)
28.5% are mafia.

4/14
4/12 - Mislynch then night-kill.
4/10 - Mslynch then night-kill.
4/8 - Mislynch then night-kill.
4/6 - Mslynch then night-kill.
4/4 - Lose.

Standarly, we can mislynch four times before losing.  With a night-kill.  We should not have a mass-claim now.  No no no.

Gotta go!
You'd think so, but we don't really KNOW, now do we? Seeing as how Leafsnail had a Revive, who knows what else we really have? Obviously, there's a balance, so whichever roles aren't balanced are obviously fake.

I think I'd be able to tell which ones aren't balanced. It's sorta like a puzzle. I'd rather everyone knew everything than the mafia knew a little more than us.
Aaand doesn't call Toony on the miscount EITHER. It's like...a mafia conspiracy to make us feel safe!
I don't think it's inconsistent. Saying something is something does not make something something.
It is. There's a great big GLARING hole in his argument the size of Texas. The fact no one sees it is because no one's paying attention.

I want him to keep talking, because he'll just keep slipping up.
And he doesn't point it out.
But, dakarian is afraid that I'll catch him, so he's hiding behind his little excuse. There's no point in hiding behind power roles because, get this, we can win WITHOUT THEM! The point of the game is to LYNCH the Mafia, not out-PR them.

dakarian is ridiculously suspicious, and I'm glad there's enough people not here to not actually debate it.
So...throw all the PRs in the wastebin and we'll kill the mafia! wait. The town's gone! Also, note the dislike of discourse. Hiding something.
Quote from: webadict
As for Mephansteras? He's been playing a similar game, so if he's mafia, he started out as such. It makes sense, since he "confirmed" dakarian as a town (Which could be fooled using Leafsnail's power?) He'd also be able to make the decisive conversion of the best player in which to convert. He's also putting up a good front to lynch himself. Perhaps we should take it?
This...is interesting. Lynch chain. However, it is this post that seems to be when web got his computer back, which means his (postlength)meta flipped back to normal-ish. Behaviour contained is still strange and...skulky? He is loath to reveal his reasons.
I also forgot to mention a potential target for conversion, so radical that I only noticed it AFTER I posted. That would be ToonyMan. This clear lunatic would actually help them by being ridiculously clever at avoiding scumtells, by simply having very few of them and being a crazy person. He'd also throw around so much crap, you'd have to remove his presence to get a good few of what everyone else is saying. He's also crafty.

And I just remembered SHAD0Wdump is playing and he's yet to help after his whole three word things was taken away.
He points...to within his little group again, and at his pet target who is UP FOR REPLACEMENT. Webadict doesn't normally miss details like that.
Ah, I see, I misread it the first time.

Yes, web could easily be scum. But is that your major argument for voting for him?
Aaaaahhh, what is that aroma I smell?

Vector, can't you smell it too? I'm sure it's major WIFOM. Look, it's one thing for SirBayer to do it (I feel icky for using FoS), but when you do this active lurk/WIFOM/passive thing, it's not cool at all, Mephansteras.

So, you're going to get in here and start playing. Kk? Thx.

Org, why didn't you roleblock yesterday?
Throwing fingers.
Well, Sir Bayer was very Wifomish. Like crazy. Although, it was probably just being a newb.

And web, didnt I say why I didnt roleblock?
No
Missing details.
Yeah... let's all mass on that there CobaltKobold. He be the scum o' the Irish town.

Perhaps tomorrow dakarian... Perhaps tomorrow...
Low-argument vote. Again. Also, it looks to be fourthvote to top off the case.
Quote from: pandarsenic
CobaltKobold [4]: Cheeetar, Vector, Mr.Person, Webadict
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
a little Leafsnail Postmortem Analysis, Case on Toony, misc(5/6)
« Reply #1544 on: December 01, 2009, 12:38:20 pm »

Let's see if I can do this part right- it doesn't come up so much in the beginner games.
Woah... rather a lot of pages since I was last here.  I'll go through my top suspects now.  Unvote.

Webadict:  Ok, what the hell?  Passivity, weak attacks, weak defense, weak everything... it's almost as if you're trying to avoid detection!  When on earth does town webadict do this?
Mephansteras: Useless questions, and yes, they do resemble the questions he asked in Bay 12 Mafia in order to try and appear as if he was doing something and scumhunting.  Town Meph seems to be significantly more aggressive.
Rashilul: My vote was on you originally, and while you haven't given me any real reason to remove it, I'm unvoting in order to put more pressure on webadict, who has now surpassed you in terms of scumminess.  However, you've come up with a list of scum, but you don't seem to have acted on it, nor do you seem to have pressured any of the members of this list at all.  How come?
Dakarian: Actually, he seems to be acting like he usually does as town.  I certainly wouldn't clear him of being scum, but he's not on my main list at the moment.
Zaithemaster: Ok, what the hell is up with this post:
1) I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't be so condescending, Your Royal Highness. 2) I'm not trying to convince anybody here right now, and therefore do not need to explain my vote. I'll leave that to Dak, who I think will be much more persuasive. If he starts being scummy again, votes shall change.
Leaving someone else to attack for you is the very definition of passivity!  You should be doing your own scumhunting, not just waiting for a super poster, who's not totally guarenteed to be town anyway, to do it for you.
Lurkers: Argh, there's too many of them.  For now, however, I'd prefer a lynch on someone who's acting scummily than someone who hasn't posted yet.  One day we might get our 10 votes on someone...
OK: Points at the obvscum, and...some dakarian wifom, bah. *nulls*
Spoiler: Toonyman (click to show/hide)
By the way, Gordon Freeman was the first thought that came tonight. Anyone with a crowbar (or any kind of bar) should hit me, which I'm pretty sure will cause my rolee to change.

Anyways, Neruz doesn't have enough votes yet.
Fillip of interest:
Also, if there is a Gordon Freeman, I hope he attacks me tonight.
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 151