Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]  (Read 37975 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 2: Liars and Time Travelers]
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2009, 07:55:42 pm »

*just
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »

First, who did I actually end up paired with? At some point or another, I've been with Vector, Org and Jim Groovestar...

Also, how does this work?  Role claim to partner and then figure out if they are webadict and work with them if not?

You're with Groovester.

This is how it works:

Claim to your partner.  Your goal is to work together for the Good of the Town.  Coordinate your movements with your partner.  Take note of any strange requests or defections from your partner.  Watch your partner for Webadict-like behavior.  We're enforcing checks and balances here.  Even though you may be working with Webadict, work together.  If your partner is Webadict, then it's likely that one of the other four cells will be able to discover your strange combined behavior.

Hm.  In some respects, think Masons.  In some respects, think a 5-person game with 1 scum.  In some respects, think a 2-person game with 1 or 0 scum.  That's how we're doing things.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 29, 2009, 03:24:48 am »

Eh, come on, now.
You fear wasting a lynch.
But webadict has to kill everyone before he can win
You have all the time in the world.
Lynching me can not have any ramifications, unlike lynching anyone else, where you might be losing a powerful anti-webadict role.
It is, in comparison, Win/Win.
Long Live United Forenia!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 29, 2009, 07:43:12 am »

Small correction:  it's neighbors, not masons.  The assumption is that none of us are sure which one is scum.

Thing to note is that it won't be just the partner checking things out.  The partners gets to know the deeper side of each other while the rest get to watch the person from the outside. 

The typical issue with normal discussion is that the scum can claim something they really aren't or claim they did something they really didn't.  A person that knows everything can catch that lie. 

The issue with small groups is that it's easy to 'buddy' up and feel you want to protect your partner rather than investigate.  The mass group can keep that in check.

Combine both, and we'll have things settled.

As for what to look for: My present theory is two-fold: 

1. The Webadict, if there is one and I'm leaning towards there being one.

2. The weakness.  Immortals have a 'buddy' that, if they die, the immortal dies.  Cults have a leader that must be killed to stop the cult.  The ones that died are 'anti-webadict'.  I'm thinking that, along with the Webadict, we have someone pro-webadict.  It's LIKE the Nuke the Nuke theory but instead of the obvious it's someone who does NOT want to die.  If we kill the pro-webadict, we cut the head to the beast.

Meph (YAY two times without mispelling!) made me think of something that could be possible: Webadict could be a silent possession, or a conversion.  As such the one who has it either doesn't know they have it or has no desire to tell us they have it.  If it's silent, the kills might be random or set to some formula.  If the person knows they have it..well.. good old SK hunting then. 

However if the theory holds true, there's at least one person that may not be a killer but is anti-town and VERY self-protective.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 29, 2009, 11:31:48 am »

Eh, come on, now.
You fear wasting a lynch.
But webadict has to kill everyone before he can win
You have all the time in the world.
Lynching me can not have any ramifications, unlike lynching anyone else, where you might be losing a powerful anti-webadict role.
It is, in comparison, Win/Win.

Except that if he only has to kill Anti-webadict people then lynching you is a waste of time. I still say we should lynch someone who might actually gain us something.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 29, 2009, 12:00:28 pm »

I might gain you something
And heck man
If webadict has to kill anti-webadict people, you might as well lynch someone you know he doesn't want dead. Make his job a little harder.
Long Live United Forenia!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 29, 2009, 02:14:40 pm »

I might gain you something
And heck man
If webadict has to kill anti-webadict people, you might as well lynch someone you know he doesn't want dead. Make his job a little harder.

Ha.

Hah.

HAHHAHAH.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 29, 2009, 05:21:07 pm »

I've claimed to JanusTwoFace. Soon I will know the awesomeness of GoAT, unless JanusTwoFace is a TwoFacedLiar.

I'm still not sure this pairing up thing will actually be all that useful, but whatever.

I don't understand the opposition for a Nuke lynch. Lynching the jester that doesn't prevent the town from winning and also claims to be the key to victory seems like a better idea than lynching random townies in the hopes of hitting the SK who may or may not travel between victims anyway.

So, tell me, why is it such a bad idea?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 29, 2009, 05:35:05 pm »

Well, I advise that we DO NOT lynch Nuke.  I used my super mega role pm reading ability (one shot) on him last night, and it says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about his being lynched helping us find and kill our webadict.  He is a Jester of All Trades, is NK immune and has to be lynched before the end of the game to win.  He also has the four standard OS abilities of a JOAT.

Well, unless Leafsnail is lying to us lynching Nuke does nothing to help us.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 29, 2009, 05:47:10 pm »

First off:  @mod, Vote count?

Second off, Nuke's already shown to either be lying or misinformed.  I don't trust him at all.

We DO need to get a new idea on the current theories we have.

So far we have Nuke the Nuke (Nuke's idea) and Find Immortal's Buddy (my theory).  Anyone got any other theories on winning this?

Toony, you think there's no web.  What's your theory?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2009, 05:51:17 pm »

Toony, you think there's no web.  What's your theory?

May or may not be Bastard Mod (Hint: it is)

Zai could've been killed by Pandarsenic for all we know.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2009, 05:59:29 pm »

If there is no 'webadict' beyond the real one (who we already lynched), then we can't really win. So no point in worrying about that.

Currently, I think that Org, Nuke, and ToonyMan are unlikely to be the SK.

I think you should lynch someone other then one of those three today. I also know that I'm not the SK, and Org's information backs me up on that. But if you need to lynch me to convince yourselves of that fact go right ahead.

That leaves: Kobald, Janus, Leafsnail, and Dakarian as your options. If I'm correct, then you have a %25 chance of hitting the SK today if you lynch one of them.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2009, 06:10:58 pm »

Or Jim.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2009, 06:12:17 pm »

Ah, right. Jim is also in the list of Possible SK's. Sorry. Still, that means you have a 20% chance, which isn't bad.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2009, 06:14:01 pm »

Oh, sure, let's just randomly lynch either of those four (FAKE EDIT) five people. That seems like a great plan to follow.

Second off, Nuke's already shown to either be lying or misinformed.  I don't trust him at all.

Consider that Leafsnail might be misinformed about Nuke. Perhaps neither of them are lying, but Pandarsenic is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27