Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Morning 2: And then it was done]  (Read 37967 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 1: Good Grammar for a Blood Splatter]
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2009, 02:07:13 pm »

If you guys don't trust the mod (a good idea) why in the WORLD do you trust one of the players who's PM was given to them BY the mod?
I trust that the role PMs will do more or less what they say they do.  What I don't trust about the mod is the fact that he keeps saying over and over again that we should lynch webadict / webadict is the SK.  For the time being, I'm assuming the NUKE9.13 is more likely to be telling the truth about his role than not.  (At least until he dies and turns out to be some nasty sort of exploding thing...) ;D
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2009, 02:09:23 pm »

That's what you get when the Mod WIFOMs you...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2009, 02:57:13 pm »

I unvote Nuke and revote webadict. I'm using the name of the game this time.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2009, 03:31:36 pm »

You are making a mistake.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2009, 03:49:19 pm »

You are making a mistake.

I'm willing to take the risk. Also, considering you don't know the risks, I don't see why you're so worried.

Say, do you win if you get lynched or just by dying? Does Webadict get weakened on you getting lynched or by you being killed in any way? It'll probably only matter if a kill bounces onto you from Webadict so I'm just wondering.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2009, 03:52:29 pm »

Has to be lynching.
Long Live United Forenia!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 26, 2009, 12:29:40 am »

Webadict [You poor bastards]: Mephansteras, CobaltKobold, Jim Groovestar, Mr.Person, Zai
NUKE9.13 [5]: NUKE9.13, Toony, Leafsnail, Vector
Mephansteras [2]: Webadict, Dakarian
JanusTwoFace [1]: Org

Day ends in ~30 minutes. Posting after the day ends will be punished severely.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 26, 2009, 01:09:58 am »

"That makes five people for Webadict, and five for me," Nuke9.13 declares. "We should lynch m-"

"Six for that piece of trash!" JanusTwoFace suddenly yells, thrusting his finger at Webadict.

"Hey, I take offense at that!" Webadict protects as Janus pulls out a Stabbing Knife.

Janus has placed a decisive vote on Webadict. Webadict will be terminated.

The ominous (purple?) voice rumbled from the very depths of the house you were in. A moment later, red lights flared within Webadit's eyes and tendrils erupted from the floor, tearing Webadict apart and pulling his remains through the solid wooden floor. A single manila envelope lies on the floor were he stood. You open it and you see the knowledge with which Webadict was imparted as the day began...

You are a Jack Of All Trades - a JOAT. You must find the Webadict and kill him before - Wait.

Wait.

You're not a Jack Of All Trades. Not quite. You're unique. Special, unlike the other JOATs.

You're actually a Joe A. T. - Joseph Alan Taylor. You're a simple mechanic, and you have no idea how you got dragged into this crap, but at least you have your toolbox with you. You have the equipment to, over the course of the game, make one investigation, protect one person, roleblock one person, and kill one person.

You do not need to kill the Webadict at all; you only need to survive.

NIGHT ENDS AT 11 PM Tuesday.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 12:27:08 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

BITCHES NEED TO GET THEIR NIGHT ACTIONS IN!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

WEBADICT IS DEAD

YOU LYNCHED HIM

QUIT TRYING TO TARGET WEBADICT
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

You all awaken and gather in the main hall. You find Zai is not among you; it takes you some time to find where he even slept, but when you find it, you find only bloodstains and an immaculate manila folder.

You are a Jack Of All Trades - a JOAT. You must find the Webadict and kill him before - Wait.

Wait.

You're not a Jack Of All Trades. Not quite. You're unique. Special, unlike the other JOATs.

You're actually a Pathological Liar. You are a Jack of All Trades until you roleclaim Spartacus. This role behaves exactly like the Pathological Liar / Spartacus of Ridiculous Mafia 1.

You are Baron Munchausen, Townie Anti-Webadict Pathological Liar. You are a simple nobleman, with no particular talent - you have no night abilities. JOAT.

But you could do all sorts of amazing deeds, if only the cards you had been dealt were slightly different. If only... if only you were someone else, someone like Spartacus, then you could do anything!

You may, at any point, roleclaim Spartacus and any combination of the following roles: cop, doctor, and inventor. If you do, you gain those abilities from that point forth.

If you claim cop, you may investigate one person each night, and you will receive either an innocent or a guilty result. a "webadict" or "not webadict" result.

If you claim doctor, you may protect one person each night other than yourself.

If you claim inventor, you may invent one device each night and give it to a player of your choosing other than yourself. You can stipulate what the device is and what it does. However if I deem the device to be too powerful I will modify it so as to be a reasonable power level.

You will only gain the abilities you claim in the post where you first claim Spartacus. If you claim multiple abilities, you may use each of them every night. If you claim further abilities in a later post, this does nothing.

HOWEVER - if you suggest or confirm that the process of claiming Spartacus grants abilities, regardless of whether you have claimed Spartacus or not, you will be modkilled. If you later claim anything other than Spartacus, or suggest or confirm that you are not actually Spartacus, then you will be modkilled. I will be harsh on this, you have been warned. If you are not sure what you can or cannot say, then ask me via PM. Please note that I do not consider this cheating, and it may be used legitimately as a deliberate tactic if you wish.

You win when you kill the Webadict and someone anti-Webadict survives.

Mr.Person's eyes grow wide moments later. A bright light flares from his watch. Unsure of how to proceed, you go to his room, where you find him dead on the floor. When you go to take his pulse, you realize his body is ice cold. He's been dead the whole night...? But you just saw him...

Almost as though in reaction to his body having been viewed, he is pulled into the floor by purple tendrils. When you read the manila folder left in his place, you understand what happened.

Wait.

You're actually a JOAT - Jack of Altered Timelines. You are a time traveler; according to your history books, your timeline's preservation requires that the Webadict be stopped - records indicate a traveler from your time helped in this endeavor. You've decided to take things into your own hands to create a stable time loop.

Once per game, you can PM me the name of a player during the day. You have enough charge on your time-travel device to assassinate that player... the evening before. This will also roleblock any non-investigative abilities the player uses, even if you cannot surpass that player's protections."

Both Mr.Person and Zai were anti-Webadict.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Day 2 has begun. It ends at 11:00 PM Pacific on Friday.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now Mafia [Day 2: Liars and Time Travelers]
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2009, 05:40:54 am »

Well, I advise that we DO NOT lynch Nuke.  I used my super mega role pm reading ability (one shot) on him last night, and it says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about his being lynched helping us find and kill our webadict.  He is a Jester of All Trades, is NK immune and has to be lynched before the end of the game to win.  He also has the four standard OS abilities of a JOAT.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2009, 08:24:38 am »

Obvious jester was obvious.

So, first off Webadict was lynchable after all and he was a survivor :P.

As far as after effects, Person and Zai, the last two to vote for him were killed.  They are marked as 'anti-webadict'

If Leaf is being honest then Nuke is a Jester, and we almost completely lost.

The game isn't over now that Web's dead. 

It suggests that Webadict WAS a red herring, but not the game-ending curse.  Instead, the trap was to make us fear the host and look for the 'hero to save the day'. 

So the question is, who's the true enemy? 

Quickcheck on Day 1 (going from start of day):

Meth Meph went for Webadict, stating "If this isn't the right one, we get to kill him twice"

Vector voted for webadict, even though he agreed it might not be the right one, then suddenly wanted us to lynch someone other than Webadict, he also advised not lynching Nuke.  After some discussion, he went back to wanting webadict dead (note: vote never changed), after vote check he eventually switches to nuke

Cobalt voted for webadict

Zai voted for webadict: said if game doesn't end we can reassess, after vote check he switches to Org, then later nuke, after some debate others have about the matter (and web starts to get majority again) votes for web

Mr.Person voted for webadict, then considered a MC.  After the vote check he switched to No Lynch, once nuke gets majority, he switches to webadict and says he does not want nuke lynched

Nuke wanted us to lynch himself, voted accordingly

Leaf voted for webadict: suggested it might be a Mirror, after vote check he eventually switches to nuke

Toony voted for Nuke

Janus flung his vote EVERYWHERE, then unvoted and later voted for Toonyman after Toony fussed as the insane post.  He then voted for Meph and suggested everyone target him at night,  Claims to be a Goat, later suggests we don't vote web or nuke or himself, then, after Nuke gets majority, unvotes and requests an End of Day

Org voted for Janus

Jim is missing until after nuke gets majority, but votes for webadict

And that's how the day went.

After that, the folks that make me wonder are Toonyman (who wanted Nuke to be lynched), Janus (who was crazy and claims to be a Goat), and Jim (who hid most of the game).

Starting with Toony.. so do you still believe we need to kill Nuke?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2009, 08:31:10 am »

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention - Nuke getting lynched will not prevent everyone else from winning.  However, a lynch on him would be a total waste of time, since he's just a standard jester.  Therefore, my suggestion is actually that we completely ignore him (I suppose he has a one shot NK, but meh).

So yeah.  A nuke lynch would be a wasted lynch, basically.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27