Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465765 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #2055 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:03 am »

Are... are Australian centipedes attracted to profanity?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44:50 am »

You can't take the chance that they aren't.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: January 20, 2010, 07:46:02 am »

One wonders how Tack's managed to survive that long in a country where everything is trying to kill you.

It's like... I Wanna Be The Guy, The Continent.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: January 20, 2010, 07:49:56 am »

No, no no. Not at all. The Australian centipede is a marvellous animal, crafted through genetics to be much smarter than all other centipedes worldwide, though, albeit smaller. No, in the event that a centipede finds itself in danger, (i.e. from a larger animal coming within a 1.0m radius, from a smaller animal coming within a 1.0m radius, from an article of human clothing falling in a 100m radius, from a Human coming into a 30m radius, from a change in temperature, if they've had a bad day, if a shadow falls over them, if the stone they are under is overturned, if they are hungry, sad, scared, angry or bored.) it will immediately search out the most painful area to bite on the nearest living human, (provided Tack isn't in a 200k radius), as an incredibly painful area can render most animals in shock. For any human, the choice is usually obvious.

(x2 ninja-ing combo)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:38:51 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: January 20, 2010, 08:29:43 am »

I'm sad that I missed the avatar craziness due to being gone a few days.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:14 am »

... Heart issues. My weak heart is finally catching up with me. And after nearly suffering a heart attack I went to the doctor to get myself looked at.

It's weakened a little further, though apparently only temporarily, now I'm on medication and have been explicitly told to keep from any straining activity for at least two weeks. So yeah... I'm still kinda scared, but it's apparently not going to kill me if I watch it.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 20, 2010, 09:45:37 am »

Thank God for that.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2062 on: January 20, 2010, 01:10:16 pm »

I'm sad that I missed the avatar craziness due to being gone a few days.
I missed it too. I was getting work done on the Bloodfist, which at this moment has progressed 2 seasons so far. I'm setting up some time to try and double-update today.

Unfortunately, this may mean I'll miss out on other future craziness. Consider it me both catching up on my project, as well as racing the next release of DF.

... Heart issues. My weak heart is finally catching up with me. And after nearly suffering a heart attack I went to the doctor to get myself looked at.

It's weakened a little further, though apparently only temporarily, now I'm on medication and have been explicitly told to keep from any straining activity for at least two weeks. So yeah... I'm still kinda scared, but it's apparently not going to kill me if I watch it.
I've actually had some heart issues myself (heart murmurs caused by stress at work). I might actually have something that'll help you out. Mind the product placement of this, and I'm usually cynical about stuff like this as well, but thanks to being provided a sample (kinda advised by my mother as well), I can actually trust it since it actually works. All natural, and it means it this time.

[product placement]
The name of the products I've been using for the past couple months is called 'Tahitian Noni Juice' (made of Acai Fruit), and a nutrition supplement called 'Nature Born Whole Food Supplement' (Full-day's worth of nutrition within 4 capsules (2 capsules per meal twice a day works)).

The Noni Juice is like a liquid form of the supplement, and works excellently when combined with the supplement.

Because the products are actually all-natural (and you can tell by taste it's true), they will not interfere with any medication you may be taking, they're absorbed into the system rapidly, and every bit of it is used. Furthermore, a dosage limit is more considered an advised amount. Example: I take 6 after each meal, instead of 2. Of course, I advise you warm up with 2-per-meal before upping the dosage. Let your body adjust to it.

The only time it may not work is if you're allergic to any of the ingredients. But that should be beyond rare.

Anyway, within a month (which regular dosage usually lasts for, and for a decent price of $20-$40 per shipping, depending on what, and how much, you order. Consider it $.66 - $1.33 a day; if you have a decent income, you'll barely notice), you'll immediately feel a positive effect on your system.
[/product placement]

I love this stuff, and I advise you order at least a unit of them and try it for a month. It works, and you have my word on it. I don't advise things I know don't work.

Consider this, you don't need to change anything to make this stuff work. I mean, I still have the same eating and behavioral habits, and this stuff still does it's job.

Some advice on making the most of the products. Start your day off with coffee for a quick charge with good taste, but mostly a morning filtering of the system, have a good breakfast, take a dose of both products, later (lunch or dinner) take another dose. Lather, rinse, repeat for the span of the moth, and you should be cured of any ailments within the span of a month, maybe less.

I'll PM you a business card with contact information on getting the stuff. Trust me, you won't regret it. I've been using it for at least 4 months, and I love it. Easy to follow, not much effort needed to make use of it, potent enough to get the job done, and it actually works without a hitch (aside keeping subscribed/affording it monthly, but at the price for it, it's easy enough to keep up).

Sad: I had to type this at least 3 times, thanks Firefox. New version's crapping up in less than 12 hours. And it seems my typing is getting auto-formatted every time I send. :-\
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:11:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: January 20, 2010, 02:10:48 pm »

Take good care of yourself Janet. I'd really hate to see anything bad happen to one of Bay12's best forumites.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 20, 2010, 02:16:24 pm »

Just so everyone is clear, this isn't a condition I can make go away.

My heart is honestly injured. It's just naturally weak.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2065 on: January 20, 2010, 02:31:00 pm »

Trust me on the product, it will help you out more than you'll expect from it to. It might actually undo the damage in due time (not immediately, but quick enough to be noticeable). Everything in your system will get stronger at once.

Come back to be about it after trying it for a month. I'm sure your attitude will change. Mine definitely has since then, and I was far worse since before using it. Let's just say, I could've spammed this thread back then.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:32:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 20, 2010, 02:34:02 pm »

Well I guess Ill give it a try. Though I'm unsure it could help with a 23 year old wound.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 20, 2010, 02:37:12 pm »

:(
Oh man, I have a strong heart, but it would be impossible for me to do anything with it to help youuuu.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 20, 2010, 02:39:47 pm »

Just so everyone is clear, this isn't a condition I can make go away.

My heart is honestly injured. It's just naturally weak.
Hmm... is it something you've had a problem with before?  And if the advice is avoid putting strain on your heart, I guess it's our responsibility to help keep you calm?

Better get to work.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 20, 2010, 02:42:07 pm »

Honestly Injured? Naturally weak?

Wouldn't it not be injured... it is naturally weak?

Unless I guess your suffering from a broken heart. Since only time can mend a broken heart, and your heart won't heal, I can only assume you broke up with TIME ITSELF!!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:44:16 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 8167