Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8136 8137 [8138] 8139 8140 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9526313 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122055 on: September 08, 2023, 09:54:04 am »

snapplefoot
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 02:21:57 am by dragdeler »
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122056 on: September 08, 2023, 09:57:26 am »

Curbside pickup has done amazing things for other-person-pickup accuracy, in my experience over the last few years. It's less capable of handling spontaneity, but if you/they know they're going a few hours or a day early, you can just have them pickup the exact order you put in (barring no stock or substitution, anyway), instead of relying on them trying to figure it out themselves. It's made things way more consistent, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122057 on: September 08, 2023, 10:29:05 am »

brittlepear
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 02:22:26 am by dragdeler »
let

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122058 on: September 11, 2023, 04:35:39 pm »

We rented under a sublease in Utah and our subletter is telling us that the rental company kept everyone's deposits. This gives me pause, since the rental company has no involvement with us. I'm somewhere between waiting a week to see if his attorney can pull strings or calling bullshit on him and stating that the agreement was between him and us, not the rental company, and by his word we left the place in perfect condition.

Anyone have experience with a similar matter?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122059 on: September 11, 2023, 04:46:15 pm »

If you still have a contract that would be ideal

My wife and I left a rental agreement a few years ago in which they tried to keep part of the deposit to replace a door that was damaged when we moved in (the door frame was damaged by our cats though) and reminding them of that with a copy of the inventory they made us do at the start of our lease ended that right quick.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122060 on: September 11, 2023, 07:26:22 pm »

Last Jitsu session before I'm off to university, so I'll only see them during the holidays/nationals, and then it won't be much until Easter because the club closes for a few weeks over Christmas.

I'm gonna miss those guys. I can still do Jitsu, but that specific club's going to be two and a half hours away in a car I won't be bringing with me.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122061 on: September 12, 2023, 10:14:25 am »

I am approaching the age of 20.

Goodbye, teenage years I've wasted being a traumatised, shut-in autist.

I will not miss them. They were objectively awful, riddled with  bullying and mental illness. I am not all good now either. But it isn't so bad.

The concept of childhood wearing off is a sad one. I attend an university right now. I am even getting my first job this spring. I am now a functioning adult. I think. I guess. Okay maybe not. I probably never will be- but the point stands.

How time flies... Not really. It all felt excruciatingly slow and my childhood feels like it is an eon and a half in the past. I feel old. Is that a good thing? I dunno.

Sorry for rambling. I am in a very moody mood today.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #122062 on: September 13, 2023, 09:28:55 am »

Feeling concerned about my prospect, feeling tired about my military training, feeling homesick for I am far away from my home , feeling a little bit angry about my roommates for they are obsessed with some useless and meaningless gunshots games, making it a little bit noisy.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122063 on: September 13, 2023, 09:41:05 am »

I broke up with my BF who I loved for 6 months.

I kept hurting him.

I began to realize we did not mesh very well at all and I wanted to end it on an okayish note and not have a fiery breakup that ends in trauma.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122064 on: September 13, 2023, 09:47:55 am »

Well, it's good you did the right thing even though it sucked. I had to break it off with someone who I was about a month in with because I knew it wasn't going to be long term and they started to get emotionally attached. Figured it was better to rip the bandaid off now rather than later.

Relationships are tough. We're all just apes out here, looking for what feels right.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #122065 on: September 15, 2023, 04:16:38 am »

It's a reality with people in general that they will say one thing and do another. You just need to decide for yourself how much "words not matching actions" matters to you.

So she's been talking about seeing my parents, and even had a long conversation about our hypothetical retirement together.

I think I've landed the plane. Which is a nice thought, because I'd probably need to bail if she showed more flakiness.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122066 on: September 15, 2023, 01:18:06 pm »

-snip-
Feeling old's pretty normal, I think. It wears off after a while because you realise it's just... there. I dunno, a bit like getting desensitised.

As an ex-bullied, ex-mentally ill, vague autist, it's got every potential to get better. At this point, in my late 20s, my teenage years feel like a distant life. It'll go away eventually.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122067 on: September 15, 2023, 02:36:42 pm »

It's a reality with people in general that they will say one thing and do another. You just need to decide for yourself how much "words not matching actions" matters to you.

So she's been talking about seeing my parents, and even had a long conversation about our hypothetical retirement together.

I think I've landed the plane. Which is a nice thought, because I'd probably need to bail if she showed more flakiness.

You guys are what, younger than 25?

I'm glad you feel the plane has landed. Just don't get ahead of yourselves and get confirmation on that #relationship stamp. Then start making plans. Because from personal experience....flakiness comes, flakiness goes, and then it comes back again.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #122068 on: September 18, 2023, 06:00:22 am »

She's younger than 25 - I am not. Buuuut, this is the closest to a serious relationship I've had. Not really from lack of opportunity, more from lack of... finding anyone I cared enough about? Which sounds cruel, but is true.

Going to see her and her folks next Monday. We'll see what the vibe is then.

Some interesting cultural differences though. I was like 'ah yea, so are they making up the guest room' and she was like 'wtf????'

So yea apparently I'll be sleeping in her bed, her parents don't think it's an issue, and that's.... not the typical Northern Irish experience ahahah. She was shocked to learn that.

Edit: Hmmm, not the closest to a serious relationship per se. But by far the closest to a natural, loving one.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 06:04:54 am by TD1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122069 on: September 18, 2023, 11:08:56 am »

Been there, done that lol. Slept in a woman's bed at her parent's house for months. (I had my own place, I was just staying over.) It made for some uh, awkward mornings at times.

She's German, right? My experience is they are less uptight about sex than Great Britain and the Americas.

Best of luck! Hopefully she's ready to do a relationship and isn't fumbling her way through the idea one revelation at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 8136 8137 [8138] 8139 8140 ... 8169