Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8137 8138 [8139] 8140 8141 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9526122 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122070 on: September 18, 2023, 12:39:04 pm »

Been there, done that lol. Slept in a woman's bed at her parent's house for months. (I had my own place, I was just staying over.) It made for some uh, awkward mornings at times.

She's German, right? My experience is they are less uptight about sex than Great Britain and the Americas.

Best of luck! Hopefully she's ready to do a relationship and isn't fumbling her way through the idea one revelation at a time.

Breakfasting with her folks for months? Ay ay ay. I hope they never asked you to pass a baguette.

She is German, yep, and that's been my experience too. The cultural difference isn't always good, but isn't always bad either. I'm willing to chalk it up to a net neutral.

Thanks for the best wishes.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #122071 on: September 28, 2023, 06:01:34 am »

Hey you never know where this might go. A lot of the strongest relationships are built up piecemeal

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122072 on: September 28, 2023, 06:49:53 am »

In Germany, and the Netherlands too, it's not at all unusual to sleep with your girlfriend/boyfriend in the parent's house.
It gets awkward though if they leave a pack of condoms on the nightstand.
But yeah, general parent morals towards their children from age 16 is 'sure your friend can stay over, just make sure to do it safe', at least in the not, to not very religious parts of our society.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:52:43 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122073 on: October 01, 2023, 06:33:42 am »

In Germany, and the Netherlands too, it's not at all unusual to sleep with your girlfriend/boyfriend in the parent's house.
But yeah, general parent morals towards their children from age 16 is 'sure your friend can stay over, just make sure to do it safe', at least in the not, to not very religious parts of our society.

Yea it creeps me the feck out.

Hey you never know where this might go. A lot of the strongest relationships are built up piecemeal
Yea, so she updated from ich hab dich lieb to I love you on day 1, then by day 3 was saying ich liebe dich and calling me her boyfriend.

And asked me to stay a week longer next month.

Edit: actually, her approach to sex (presumably cultural) often makes me feel uncomfortable, but in a vague sense that I can't pin down. I've not talked to her about it because it's so... inexplicable and undefined? But it's still there.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 06:43:28 am by TD1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122074 on: October 01, 2023, 06:54:50 am »

But, my friendo, do you liebe her too? Do you want to make her your Frau TD1? Do you see in your heart of harts those loins of yours spewing seed on German soil to fruition? Do you picture the two of you eventually enjoying the quality Prussian elderly care together? Are you posting all this in the sad thread for a reason?
Because if your intentions are mercenary, we will be cross with you very very, uh, probably not that much really. But still.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122075 on: October 01, 2023, 10:49:34 am »

But, my friendo, do you liebe her too? [...]
Because if your intentions are mercenary [...]

If I didn't liebe her too, I'd not have put myself through this whole rigmarole, now would I?  :P

Also my intentions are almost never mercenary.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122076 on: October 01, 2023, 10:27:14 pm »

Ok I've acknowledged the parts of the past that made me wake up emotionally vulnerable, kindly shut my hearth again it has been open since 18h now, how are you gonna do surgery while I lay on my side, you're gonna get dirt in it and then it will infect... Speaking of which you focus on healing that ear without more puss nor transparent blood, while I focus on not putting any weight on the foot, just hang on until december then we can wallow in our own filth.

(No I didn't get runover by a truck, compounding wear and tear, I'm not strong I am weak.) Heal on a schedule and I'll schedule some feels, pinky swear bitchass body. I am gonna file this emotional episode under brain just acting out in anticipation of this current inertia being disturbed by me having to return tomorrow, serves you right for bothering me now.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #122077 on: October 02, 2023, 04:25:32 am »

But, my friendo, do you liebe her too? Do you want to make her your Frau TD1? Do you see in your heart of harts those loins of yours spewing seed on German soil to fruition? Do you picture the two of you eventually enjoying the quality Prussian elderly care together? Are you posting all this in the sad thread for a reason?
Because if your intentions are mercenary, we will be cross with you very very, uh, probably not that much really. But still.
What a poetic paragraph

@dragdeler what happened? You recovering from surgery or about to get one? Either way hope you emerge ironclad in vitality and vigour

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122078 on: October 02, 2023, 04:35:53 am »

Why does it creep you out? It just means that the topic is out in the open instead of kids doing it sneakily and secretly anyways. Makes it way easier to inform the youth about the dangers of STDs and the importance of safe sex.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122079 on: October 02, 2023, 04:47:26 am »

Retwist my ankle that had been hurt in june in the same angle, and blowing my nose I did something to my ear, the doc (who gave it the shortest look ever) thinks the eardrum is ripped, and that may well be the case but ive had this before, he gave me antibiotic drops and well maybe it is pierced because sonetimes it's like plug in on the inside I just want it to go away, maybe its something worse, maybe im not reacting well to the eardrops but my whole left side is under pressure and sometimes numb then I try to not panic attack and think too much about strokes.
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122080 on: October 02, 2023, 05:36:46 am »

Ah, feck dragdeler, that sounds like a bad hand. Rest up and heal well, friend.

Why does it creep you out? It just means that the topic is out in the open instead of kids doing it sneakily and secretly anyways. Makes it way easier to inform the youth about the dangers of STDs and the importance of safe sex.

It just does? Moral standards differ. But rationally, yea, I can see benefits. Also some downsides.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122081 on: October 02, 2023, 07:45:23 am »

Proper bum wee. I was wondering why my stomach was cramping so bad earlier, thought it was just gas.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122082 on: October 02, 2023, 10:46:50 am »

Maybe it's the clinical approach to sex that bugs him? Like, for all the nonsense, the cat and mouse game of appropriate vs. inappropriate is culturally part of our heritage and it probably has something to do with how sex excites us. Taboo things are inherently more exciting than things that are not.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122083 on: October 02, 2023, 05:56:36 pm »

Hmmm, the phrase 'clinical approach to sex' struck a chord, so that's part of it.

I don't think it's the taboo that excites me, though. More... perhaps, that in my head I have raised it to status above animalistic, or base equation of cause leading to effect?

Sleeping under their parents' roof makes it an apparent, blatantly cooperative effort, a joint reverse-alchemy of lead from what could be gold. Conspiracy strips the varnish from the wood, revealing love to be a series of functions executed - either by one hand, or another. Impersonal in its effect, if not its participants.

Perhaps the great inexplicable thing with which I grapple is merely that most mundane of struggles - the ideal against the apparent, art against clinic.

As proviso for the above: I have imbibed alcohol. Great wordsmiths will tell you to write drunk and edit sober, but I am only a decent wordsmith and will therefore leave this particular equation half incomplete.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 06:01:46 pm by TD1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122084 on: October 02, 2023, 06:25:34 pm »

It’s nice to be ambidextrous in some matters.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8137 8138 [8139] 8140 8141 ... 8169