Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7530 7531 [7532] 7533 7534 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9523976 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112965 on: April 18, 2018, 02:56:46 pm »

I meant "day" but I was already worrying too much about a synonym for 'came', that when I thought 'arrived' I forgot to add the appropriate noun.

Have you perhaps considered being far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112966 on: April 18, 2018, 03:21:44 pm »

I meant "day" but I was already worrying too much about a synonym for 'came', that when I thought 'arrived' I forgot to add the appropriate noun.

Have you perhaps considered being far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
At which to you most can't the least?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112967 on: April 18, 2018, 07:02:50 pm »

Speaking of, after pounding out page after page and sending it about as late as I could get away with, I'm a little worried that my comprehensibility might have suffered, and I missed obvious mistakes that I'll hate myself for tomorrow.

Oh well.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112968 on: April 18, 2018, 07:46:28 pm »

Speaking of, after pounding out page after page...

... In the butt? With page after page?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112969 on: April 18, 2018, 07:56:20 pm »

A bilbiophile indeed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112970 on: April 18, 2018, 08:12:04 pm »

"Pounded in the Butt By My Own College Essay"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112971 on: April 18, 2018, 09:24:36 pm »

"Pounded in the Butt By My Own College Essay, 'Pounded in the Butt By My Own College Essay'"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112972 on: April 19, 2018, 03:16:13 am »

Weren't those two actual titles of his?

Apparently there's no real reason to actually buy the books, as all the humor is concentrated in the title and cover. Shame.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #112973 on: April 19, 2018, 03:48:19 am »

Apparently there's no real reason to actually buy the books, as all the humor is concentrated in the title and cover. Shame.
Yes, Pounded in the Butt by My Own Book and its many sequels are actual published books by Chuck Tingle. Still, from what I hear (I haven't read them myself) the books are actually fairly decent prose, the titular smut scenes are near the end and don't have much to do with the rest of the story.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #112974 on: April 19, 2018, 05:17:29 am »

Of all the threads that could turn into Chuck Tingle, this is probably the one I expected the least.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112975 on: April 19, 2018, 07:22:26 am »

Of all the threads that could turn into Chuck Tingle, this is probably the one I expected the least.

Double-Teamed in the Poop Chute By My Crippling Depression and Ennui, a new eroticella novella by Chuck Tingle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112976 on: April 19, 2018, 07:57:35 am »

I apologize for being so melodramatic yesterday, those kinds of days happen every now and again, and I should know better than to complain about them. They're just caused by some mixture of my diet and sleep schedule malfunctioning and there is nothing to be done about them, that day can't be salvaged so I'm only recourse is to cut my losses and sleep it off, and I'm usually better when I wake up.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112977 on: April 19, 2018, 08:40:28 am »

These things happen, try not to beat yourself up over it. Might still want to talk with your old therapist again, if you feel up to it.

Do you know roughly how many times a month/year you get those days?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112978 on: April 19, 2018, 08:54:27 am »

Had an old fashioned bout of "avoid unwanted family discussion by ignoring the phone", something I really thought I had outgrown months ago.  It was only two days this time, but as before it lead to a rising feeling of shame and desperate apathy.  Basically I had no motivation to do anything but hide and feel like shit.

Fortunately a friend *really* needed my help with a computer problem yesterday, so I made some hot tea and ate some ice cream.  The sugar and caffeine got me started, and then the interesting work got me feeling confident again.  A lot of me really wanted to keep moping, but living with a friend makes that tricky!  Heh.

Plus by working pretty late on the cool problem, I was so sleepy that I accidentally answered my phone this morning, and had to explain that I never agreed to the family thing in the first place.  No depression cycle allowed, ha...  Bandaid finally ripped off.

Edit:  Oh jeez the family member is texting me that they got me presents (it was a birthday thing).  But I consistently don't want presents, and didn't get them anything for their birthday two weeks ago...  aaaa why
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:56:54 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112979 on: April 19, 2018, 09:21:14 am »

Yes, Pounded in the Butt by My Own Book and its many sequels are actual published books by Chuck Tingle. Still, from what I hear (I haven't read them myself) the books are actually fairly decent prose, the titular smut scenes are near the end and don't have much to do with the rest of the story.
Notably, he has a podcast now, produced in collaboration with Welcome To Nightvale.

It's called pounded in the butt by my own podcast.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7530 7531 [7532] 7533 7534 ... 8169