Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7497 7498 [7499] 7500 7501 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9509544 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112470 on: February 24, 2018, 04:33:12 pm »

I also have a black humor streak, but I spend most of my time around older people who don't really get it.  I'm more likely to get "How could you be laughing at this, what's wrong with you" reactions.  I do it more for myself though, I think.  I just can't help but think about the absurdity behind stuff that's wrong, and I laugh because absurdity is just funny, even when it results in things that are depressing...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:38:57 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112471 on: February 24, 2018, 04:34:44 pm »

Black humor is a lot like food.

Not everyone gets it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112472 on: February 24, 2018, 04:46:05 pm »

Black humor is a lot like food.

Not everyone gets it.

We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #112473 on: February 24, 2018, 04:53:19 pm »

I try to be positive. Life could be worse. I could be a criminal in ancient Persia sentenced to scaphism.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #112474 on: February 24, 2018, 04:55:45 pm »

That's the execution with the boats and the bugs, right?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112475 on: February 24, 2018, 05:02:44 pm »

Yes. And the honey and milk.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112476 on: February 24, 2018, 07:10:12 pm »

EDIT: Oh and apparently, recently he tweeted a pro-Hitler statement:
https://twitter.com/dineshdsouza/status/916318446387978240?lang=en
Hitler was NOT anti-gay. He refused to purge gay Brownshirts from Nazi ranks saying he had no problem as long as they were good fighters. 8:05 AM - 6 Oct 2017
Yeah, Hitler cops too much flak for killing gays in the concentration camps, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt because he had some "gay friends".

You can't think up epithets insulting enough for this guy. The guy's a walking PR disaster trying to keep himself relevant with shock statements. The Florida statements have already dented his reputation (such as it was). Even Ann Coulter has more sense than this.

Its actually worse than you think. I dont think he's making a pro-Hitler statement: I think he's criticising Hitler for supposedly tolerating gay people among the brownshirts. AKA: he's saying that nazis were pro-gay and that hence being in favor of gay rights is being a nazi (this kind of reasoning is oddly common about the far right)

Mind you: while it was not out of character for nazi hierarchs to put a blind eye people belonging to groups in their shitlist, when it suited them, the particular example of the brownshirtsis notoriously bad given that Hitler had them wiped out, among other things because their leader was gay.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:12:49 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112477 on: February 25, 2018, 08:57:42 am »

I've been very depressed and gravitating toward awful black humor and I started wondering why today. For me, the humor is secondary. It's making people smile that does it for me. Like look, I did a positive thing. I have emotional value to others.
Shit, that's deep. I'm not sure if that's the source of my own fondness for dark humour (I am too tired to embark on such a journey of revelatory introspection right now), but I wouldn't be surprised.
Someone just told me I won the internet for a comment I posted, that made me rather chuffed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112478 on: February 25, 2018, 10:00:06 am »

This self-relevatory ramble has potential to be squicky so I'm going to spoiler it and warn it's at thy own risk that you open it. I just need to put the thoughts into words.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112479 on: February 25, 2018, 10:06:36 am »

You’re a depressive, so you don’t know if any negative assessment is because of that, and this also helps you ignore any potential positive asessment.

Could also be you’re so heterosexual that you can’t adequately see what makes a man physically (un)appealing.

Or something else, I just woke up and really need to poop.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112480 on: February 25, 2018, 03:30:20 pm »

I don't want to go to work. It feels as though my whole body is screaming out "don't do it, go back to sleep, relax and then later you can drink those beers in the fridge and blast music whilst lying on the couch," but I probably should go.
They expect me to work not two but three days this week, too. When I first started this thing (it's technically not a real job but 'work for the dole', which is pretty much what it says on the tin) I seemed to be coping far, far better than I expected, especially compared to the prolonged anxiety attacks I've been through when I've had to do this wfd business in the past, but lately I've just been feeling constantly exhausted, as though I spend my every moment either preparing for the next day of work with a queasy twist of dread in my stomach or recovering from it, totally drained of energy and enthusiasm. I think it's starting to drive home why I am unemployable in the first place.

Heck, I only get $20 extra on top of my usual fortnightly payment for this (ostensibly to cover transport costs), but I probably spend almost twice that much just buying energy drinks to keep myself going through these 8-hour ordeals.

Maybe this is a petty Sad, but it stems from my underlying issues, so meh. Also I had the last post in the Mild Sad thread.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112481 on: February 25, 2018, 04:51:34 pm »

what do you do the rest of the week?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112482 on: February 25, 2018, 05:39:07 pm »

Can you request working less time but more frequently? I currently work 20 hours per week in 4 your shifts and that is bearable after having been unemployed for 3 years. I’m also non-critical and generally get time off I request, so long as it’s with at least two weeks notice.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112483 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:27 pm »

I'm sad that Kick-Ass didn't get a straight adaptation.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112484 on: February 26, 2018, 12:30:45 am »

This self-relevatory ramble has potential to be squicky so I'm going to spoiler it and warn it's at thy own risk that you open it. I just need to put the thoughts into words.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As the person with the most experience interacting with and perceiving your own body, you're the one least able to abstract it in such a way that you can describe it. Because any description in words is an abstraction, and thus inaccurate, which seems wrong to you because you know every detail about your own body. Self-analysis is difficult, because you know so much about yourself.
Besides, being physically attractive or not is super subjective and depends on the perceiver's tastes. So if you want to know if you're hot or not it's probably easiest just to ask someone.
I don't see anything wrong with wanting to hang out with pretty people. Pretty things are good, having them around makes one happy. People are also warm, and often say comforting things.
Pages: 1 ... 7497 7498 [7499] 7500 7501 ... 8168