Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7471 7472 [7473] 7474 7475 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9512028 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112080 on: December 12, 2017, 05:21:15 pm »

I think this forum has a thing which tells bots to go away, which the plagiarizing bot would hopefully listen to.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112081 on: December 12, 2017, 09:36:23 pm »

I was gonna use that star wars scroll text thing with the bee movie script, but someone beat me too it, also, let us never forget the penguin who had an anime waifu and then died

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112082 on: December 12, 2017, 11:16:04 pm »

I'm starting to think that maybe I just self-identify as a loser to such a degree that I can't help but sabotage myself to keep myself that way. That my identity has to protect itself that way.

I just want to change my life without feeling sickened with myself. I want to date people but whenever I so much as look at an attractive woman or at a website like Okcupid or whatever, I get caught up thinking "God what a banal, stupid existence I live in. Am I no better than any stupid creature that brainless fucks and then dies? Would it not be more dignified to just reject it and die without lowering myself to such disgusting banality?"

Or I'm frequently told that I'm a smart guy and I should go to college, but I'm always thinking "What can a bunch of bass ackwards con artists schools do besides overcharge me, insult my intelligence with classes that are out of touch with the real-life subject matter, and perhaps give me a piece of paper that might be worthless anyway? It's not as though there is any path in life I'm passionate enough to be willing to throw myself into lifelong debt to try to pursue."

Or I'm frequently told I'm a handsome guy by my friends, and I've been getting more motivated in diet and exercise, but I keep slipping cause of the reoccurring thought "What a vain funeral procession! I don't have anyone to impress, and even if I did, would it truly matter?"

It's all stupid, and I'm stupid. I wonder if it isn't in fact the proper way of creatures to just blithely ignore all thoughts and just mindlessly pursue arbitrary goals, perhaps that's the path to happiness, but I just refuse to truly acknowledge it by my desire to protect my identity as a loser through my over-rationalization and pessimistic attitude. I've even brought this up before, but I guess I just never learn.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112083 on: December 12, 2017, 11:49:38 pm »

Hey, you're learning now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112084 on: December 13, 2017, 02:25:19 am »

Bay12 is legally obliged to follow Karmic rules. As such, it must give at least as many hugs as it gets, in order to maintain legal equilibrium. Let's see what your hug quota is....

*Blinks*

*Gives TBF 10,000,000,000 hugs*

But are they platonic or non-platonic? ;)

Jokes aside, feel better soon, TBH. We haven't prepared the picture in so long.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112085 on: December 13, 2017, 04:38:34 am »

I just learned of the existence of 'Tinnie Appreciation Day', and of course it is the day before payday so I will be unable to really participate. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112086 on: December 13, 2017, 04:43:41 am »

Bay12 is legally obliged to follow Karmic rules. As such, it must give at least as many hugs as it gets, in order to maintain legal equilibrium. Let's see what your hug quota is....

*Blinks*

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112087 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:10 am »

*Blinks*

I want this as my avatar
Love, scriver~

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #112088 on: December 13, 2017, 11:25:13 am »

Factorio 0.16 (New alpha build) crashes on linux before it even loads. ):

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112089 on: December 13, 2017, 04:01:41 pm »

Composing a public message of support to a near-total stranger who has just divulged some very unpleasant things is rather nerve-wracking. 
As much as I would like to backspace the whole thing and avoid such social stresses, I feel like if there's a chance of my clumsy attempt to help actually, well, helping in some small way, I should really send the damn thing.

At the same time though, it's early in the morning and I'm tired and maybe this is a bad idea? I dunno, shit, I'll send it. I've spent too long agonizing over the wording and emoticon placement to let it go to waste now, anyway. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112090 on: December 13, 2017, 10:36:39 pm »

One would hope she got her license revoked for that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #112091 on: December 14, 2017, 05:01:14 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112092 on: December 14, 2017, 05:18:44 am »

I hope she dies soon
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112093 on: December 14, 2017, 06:47:30 am »

My sleep has been kinda fucked in the last two days, basicallly I go to bed at a relatively reasonable time 1-2AM, have some trouble falling asleep and then sleep like a dead man until noon, waking up groggy and seemingly just as tired. I'll have to try an alarm tommorrow but I feel I'll just interrupt the sleep for a little bit before going back to finish the stupidly long session.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112094 on: December 14, 2017, 06:54:47 am »

Try using the app sleep as android. It works wonders or at least it did for me.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7471 7472 [7473] 7474 7475 ... 8168