Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7469 7470 [7471] 7472 7473 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9512039 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112050 on: December 07, 2017, 05:39:11 am »

Sorry to read that pal. I just lost an uncle 10 days ago. Hang in there.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112051 on: December 07, 2017, 07:35:39 am »

Oh... I think I'm going to be very sad for a while.
Perhaps at least this new sadness (not really new, it's more like a remixed version or perhaps I just installed an expansion pack) on top of how lousy I was already feeling* might make me depressed enough to stay in over the next couple of weekends, rather than going out and spending what little spare money I have on overpriced drinks at bars like I so often do. I'm really digging for some kind of silver lining, here. :(   

*Which may actually have in fact stemmed in the first place from the original version of tonight's renewed sadness, so it's like some kind of emotional ouroboros feeding on itself. Honestly I think a tapeworm would be less upsetting to have gnawing away within oneself.

My Great Aunt just passed away... pretty unexpectedly, just very sad right now.
That's awful, I'm sorry to hear/read it. Hope you're doing okay.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112052 on: December 07, 2017, 10:27:28 am »

I'm not sure it's possible to overstate just how much I hate hot weather. Some people enjoy it, I know, but it actually makes me want to die. Ugh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112053 on: December 07, 2017, 12:55:19 pm »

I'm not sure it's possible to overstate just how much I hate hot weather. Some people enjoy it, I know, but it actually makes me want to die. Ugh.

I take it you live somewhere south of the equator? Cause where I am it's just getting colder and colder.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112054 on: December 07, 2017, 01:53:13 pm »

It is 20o Fahrenheit where I am.

Today is also the first day this not-quite-Winter-actually that I wore a jacket, ‘cause I’m hard/stupid like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #112055 on: December 07, 2017, 02:35:47 pm »

I take it you live somewhere south of the equator? Cause where I am it's just getting colder and colder.

Yep. Southern tip of Africa.

It is 20o Fahrenheit where I am.

Yeah, double that number and make it Celsius. :p

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112056 on: December 07, 2017, 02:39:46 pm »

You're lucky, here, just when it was starting to get nice and hot, we had some daft "weather event" where it rained for a couple of days almost without stopping and caused a "cold change" which basically dumped us back into winter. :-\

Still hasn't warmed up properly. It rained again yesterday and it's cold as shit. Just when I was getting used to nice warm weather again, after I'd taken so long acclimatising to the cold of Winter.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112057 on: December 07, 2017, 02:53:15 pm »

You're lucky, here, just when it was starting to get nice and hot, we had some daft "weather event" where it rained for a couple of days almost without stopping and caused a "cold change" which basically dumped us back into winter. :-\

Still hasn't warmed up properly. It rained again yesterday and it's cold as shit. Just when I was getting used to nice warm weather again, after I'd taken so long acclimatising to the cold of Winter.

Pfft, in Scotland the wettest month is smack bang in the middle of Summer.

It's also humid as shit for those three months.

Not that I live in Scotland anymore. Having sensible, overcast weather for 9 months of the year is too much to ask where I am now :(
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112058 on: December 07, 2017, 03:03:29 pm »

I'm okay with summer storms, but they're supposed to make things hot and humid, not basically restart winter! This is messed up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112059 on: December 07, 2017, 03:07:15 pm »

You do really miss the inclement weather when away from it for any length of time surprisingly.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #112060 on: December 07, 2017, 06:54:29 pm »

It was very cold today, and snowing when I left for work this morning.  I was apprehensive, but my wife needed the car.  So I took the motorcycle.  My gear deals with the cold just fine.  Snow was very light, dry, and not collecting.  I've rode in worse weather many times.  Car would be more pleasant on a day like today, but I'm a stoic who does what's practical, not pleasant.  Its only a 10 minute ride anyway.

When I'm pulling out of the parking lot after work (no snow), my rear tire slips and flies out from under me.  Bike goes spinning to the ground in the middle of the rode.  I run out of the way in case the oncoming semi has trouble stopping.  He stops, asks if I'm OK, and hurries on as soon as I say yes.  Bike starts alright.  I get out of traffic and finish the ride home.

Got a broken turn signal.  Bent handlebar.  Back end felt wobbly if I got going too fast the rest of the way home, like something got knocked out of alignment.  And I'm in bed icing a decent bruise on my leg.

Pissed.  Should have ignored my wife's inconvenience and taken the fucking car.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112061 on: December 07, 2017, 08:48:51 pm »

My grandmother just passed away. She had a mild stroke and brain a few weeks ago and had been in poor condition since, she was also old, over 100, so... um, yeah, very sad for me....

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112062 on: December 07, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »

My critical finance situation is forcing me to try to quit and star trading all day with crypto currencies. This could make us earn around 100 or 200 american dollars per month. It might no sound like much but given my current total annual income right now is of about 300 dollars it would be well enough to make us survive while we sharpen our escape plan.
The sad thing is that this would mean quitting my formal job and migth as well mark the end of my professional career.
The catch is that my current work is simply not enough for us to live. On the other hand this is a risky move, since quitting means I would loose the food with which they pay me part of my work (yeah I have a bonus in food, 12kg of spaghetti per month).
It sad to what Venezuela have come to be.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:39:51 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112063 on: December 09, 2017, 01:02:10 am »

Im having a very hard time resisting the urge to quit my job and just stay in bed until i starve to death. Why is it so easy to be lazy
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112064 on: December 09, 2017, 06:04:01 am »

I move to your place and do the work for you. We'll split  fifty/fifty the money :)
Pages: 1 ... 7469 7470 [7471] 7472 7473 ... 8168