Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7449 7450 [7451] 7452 7453 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510072 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111750 on: October 02, 2017, 02:26:04 pm »

Had a mental breakdown the night before and still feeling the after effects of it. Mostly came on due to work putting in a new system that makes me upset, parents are drunk most of the time now, post-breakup depression hitting me still after four months, sleep deprivation and a nasty infection on my finger that has thankfully went away by now.

All that together caused my mind to go all fucked up and seeing that the only way to get through this slump is to cut off all ties to my ex, including mutual friends (one of which is my best friend). I get now that its a really stupid thought, but in my fucked up state, the logic was that they'll keep inviting her to group events because we're a circle of friends. Because I still have deeply embedded feelings for my ex, I can't be her friend because I'll have that desire to win her over again, but knowing that I won't because that's not how life works.

Despite wanting to get over her, for some unexplained and fucked up reason, I can't seem to. Demonizing her won't work because my mind sees her flaws and says "That's fine". As much as I try to forget her, my mind unconsciously thinks about her when I'm not really thinking or drifting off trying to sleep (which leads to sleep deprevation because I start to feel awful). And I can't just ostracize her from my group of friends because they're all she's got being a heavy introvert (and I really don't want to stoop to that level of asshole for the sake of my sanity. It will only make me feel worse).

If I was to remove myself from my group of friends to do this, I would be cutting off my best friend and a guy who relies on our circle of friends for his sanity. And, I hate to say this, but I'm too selfish to do so. I love my friends, and I don't want to leave them.

I realize now, a day later, this is all just a fucked up image of what my mind goes to when I lose it, and the logic it goes through when I break down.

Its really hard trying to work through each day and not hear something, do something or see something that reminds me of her or our time together. Throw on top of that, my coworkers are telling me either "just get over her" like its nothing or suggesting that I find someone else to just take my mind off of it (my mother a firm believer of the latter and tells me it often when she's plastered). It doesn't help when I try to talk about it with my friends just to vent my feelings to, they don't have anything to say on it because they can just get past it unlike me. I get my addict personality/mindset causes me to deal with heightened emotions, but this is ridiculous...

Ironically, school is the least of my concerns because its really easy right now. Unfortunately, I can't use the extra time to work on myself to get better because, as I said, nothing seems to be working. Not asking for advice, not asking for sympathy, just venting because, as Binding of Isaac puts it, Everything is Terrible
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111751 on: October 02, 2017, 02:37:07 pm »

I *absolutely loathe* advertisements. Like, they actually piss me off just seeing them. I don't need that stress in my life, so I block them on everything. A couple pennies or whatever that someone would get from ad'ing at me is *not worth* my blood pressure going "fuck you" every day.

'Course, now YouTube ads are back after a couple years. Not just any, nooo. 5+ minute unskippable ones!

Fuck.
Adblock.
Less helpful.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111752 on: October 02, 2017, 02:45:53 pm »

Pretty much all current adblockers block YouTube ads, though.

An alternative suggestion would be looking into whatever causes advertising to send you into a frothing rage, since that's not really healthy.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 02:48:05 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111753 on: October 02, 2017, 03:01:11 pm »

If they are short infrequent ads, I don't mind. If you include 10 ads in the space of ten minutes, I do mind. If you include 5 minute unskippable ads, I do mind.

I am less likely to buy your stupid crap now because frankly being annoyed by something makes me like it less. I will now go to target or shop on Amazon or whatever and see your stupid toaster and the first thing I will think is "Hey it's that irritating toaster that kept bothering me last week". If I want to go buy a toaster, I am going to go find ads for a toaster on my own. I don't want to be reminded about your stupid toaster brand every 120 seconds while I'm trying to watch a show or really trying do anything not already related to toasters.

Current internet ads are the equivalent of walking up to you and slapping you in the calves with a stick while yelling POP-TARTS. POP-TARTS NOW IN STRAWBERRY. *slap* KIDS LIKE STRAWBERRY POP-TARTS *slap* BUY SOME POP-TARTS *slap slap slap*. OK I'll be back in 10 minutes, enjoy your old vine compilations.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111754 on: October 02, 2017, 03:29:37 pm »

Less helpful.
[/quote]Find it in the web store, download it, turn it on. Bam, fixed.

Unless you're on mobile, I guess.
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #111755 on: October 02, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »

Hearing about the death of a special ed teacher in last night's tragedy hit me especially hard for some reason. Just thinking of those kids she must of forged a special relationship with, to teach and guide them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111756 on: October 02, 2017, 04:50:53 pm »

And on top of everything else, Tom Petty died.

FUCK YOU, OCTOBER. FUCK YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111757 on: October 02, 2017, 05:03:16 pm »

It's certainly having a go at locking down being a shit month early. Fucking hope it doesn't continue the trend, because it's only the ruddy 2nd. Hasn't even been 48 hours yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111758 on: October 02, 2017, 06:44:42 pm »

ФИЮЦК Ю, АМЕРИКАНИ!

*slams down hatch*

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111759 on: October 02, 2017, 07:54:26 pm »

I stopped listening to/watching 'news' a few months ago I'm sad cause I heard about the shooting here and TOM PETTY DIED.
what! Fuck you world... this is for you tom
××××××××××××××××××

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111760 on: October 02, 2017, 07:56:36 pm »

New York Times is saying Tom Petty didn't die, there was a mistaken story reported on CBS, which went viral.

Tom Petty is pretty ill, but not dead.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111761 on: October 02, 2017, 07:59:43 pm »

He's not literally dead, but he's heavily brain damaged and not expected to survive more than a day or so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111762 on: October 02, 2017, 08:00:26 pm »

Yeah I looked it up. Im more annoyed that my choice to avoid that media crap makes me miss some juicy jokes.
Like the linkin park guy.
I missed so many jokes like 'in the end it doesn't even matter'
××××××××××××××××××

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111763 on: October 02, 2017, 08:06:47 pm »

Hospitalized after full cardiac arrest, apparently, yeah. Dead hasn't been confirmed or apparently denied, either, that I can tell from a quick look. Just being said that reports confirming it were made in error.

E: yeah, he's actually dead now. AP confirming. Passed at around 8:40 whatever time zone it was.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:06:36 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111764 on: October 03, 2017, 02:59:19 am »

ФИЮЦК Ю, АМЕРИКАНИ!

*slams down hatch*

-snop-
>FIYUTSK
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 7449 7450 [7451] 7452 7453 ... 8168