Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7402 7403 [7404] 7405 7406 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495901 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111045 on: June 14, 2017, 02:20:38 am »

It's 3:20 am.  I need to be up at 7 am.  And I am so fucking awake :/
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111046 on: June 14, 2017, 02:54:34 am »

Deadly casualties have been reported now. Figherfighter commissioner Dany Cotton says she has no idea on how many people died, due to the complexity and size of the building. Seeing that the 27 story high building housed mostly families, with children, death toll could very well reach 3 digits. 50 people have been hospitalized.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111047 on: June 14, 2017, 02:58:39 am »

Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised. Given the way the fire seems to have spread, I think that most, if not all of the people on the upper floors didn't make it :/
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111048 on: June 14, 2017, 08:49:29 am »

Oh gods, he one of those 'entertainment is the work of Satan' types?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111050 on: June 15, 2017, 02:56:46 am »

16 year old kid died in the Netherlands today due to extreme chocking challenge. He slipped and couldn't free himself anymore from the cord around his neck.

Schools and psychologists are unsure how to deal with this. They say that it's very hard to do prevention about life-threatening internet challenges, because it has the unpleasant side effect of getting kids that never heard of it to try it despite the warning, while if they don't teach about it, kids will also die, because they underestimate the danger.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111051 on: June 15, 2017, 05:39:35 am »

I'm flabbergasted on why do they try this stuff in the first place.  ???

Being 16 doesnt cut it. When I was 16 I had enough preservation instinct to avoid grievous bodily harm.

I'm assuming they had a background history of problems  :/
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111052 on: June 15, 2017, 05:44:19 am »

Nope, he was a good student and had never had any issues, described as gentle and careful.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111053 on: June 15, 2017, 05:49:35 am »

Peer pressure and a body of "literature" on the web suggesting that you can do these sorts of challenges safely. Now excuse me while I chug this gallon of beer for an old-fashioned bet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111054 on: June 15, 2017, 05:54:30 am »

Peer pressure and a body of "literature" on the web suggesting that you can do these sorts of challenges safely.
Indeed, what Reelya said. Misinformation combined with lack of proper education about peer pressure is the main problem. "It'll give you the greatest high and it's perfectly safe, you can free yourself at any time. Just check these 100 videos of me and my buddies doing it. You see? It's awesome."

What doesn't help either is Youtube removing the videos where it goes wrong and kids die on screen to 'protect the children'.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:56:43 am by martinuzz »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111055 on: June 15, 2017, 05:56:32 am »

Choking yourself for the buzz has been around forever. It is still just as dumb. Adults even do it-- it's called autoerotic asphyxiation.

The simple fact of the matter is that humans are dumb, and dont understand that doing some things will likely result in bad consequences for themselves, or they are insane, and just dont care.

You cannot cure stupid.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111056 on: June 15, 2017, 05:59:28 am »

It's not just buzz choking. There's lot of peer pressure videos that are incredibly dangerous. Like the cinnamon challenge. In 2015 a 13-year old kid from Hilversum spent 5 days in a coma from oxygen deprivation, after trying the cinnamon challenge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111057 on: June 15, 2017, 06:14:55 am »

My personal sad for today. I can't find youtube links to streaming old movies (70s-80s) with google search anymore. Yesterday it still worked fine, but now I only get results for teasers instead of full movies.

Fuck the copyright police. Poor people not allowed to read newspapers anymore, not even allowed to watch super old movies anymore. All behind impenetrable paywalls.
Internet has inherited the church's role of keeping the people dumb, while the state keeps them poor.

EDIT: hah! managed to get to a suggest list of full old movies again with some detour clicks through flat earther and alien conspiracy 'full documentaries'.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:17:52 am by martinuzz »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111058 on: June 15, 2017, 07:18:07 am »

It's not just buzz choking. There's lot of peer pressure videos that are incredibly dangerous. Like the cinnamon challenge. In 2015 a 13-year old kid from Hilversum spent 5 days in a coma from oxygen deprivation, after trying the cinnamon challenge.

Pfft, a coma just means he was weak. Survival of the fittest. Keep doing the challenges people, it will strengthen the gene pool in the long run.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #111059 on: June 15, 2017, 08:40:39 am »

Uh oh, man. My Windows 7 was flippin' out, so I had to install Windows 8.1. I hate 8.1, but Windows 7 is not supported by my laptop without some shamanism, plus you can't even use F11-F12 buttons to lower/raise sound volume without 8.1. Oh, And I was unable to log into Nvidia GeForce Experience via Google Plus, so I had to make a new gmail in order to log-in by making an Nvidia account. I also wanted to pick "FUCKYOUNVIDIA" as my username, but it told me that such username already exist, so I had to go with "YouaresmellyNvidia", which is probably the most saddest thing happened to me this day...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 7402 7403 [7404] 7405 7406 ... 8168