Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7390 7391 [7392] 7393 7394 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498799 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110865 on: May 23, 2017, 07:17:07 pm »

The UK is in a REALLY REALLY rocky position when it comes to Muslim relations (more Rocky then the US is in fact).

HORRIBLE FREEKEN TRAGEDY aside (I don't want to make light of the sheer loss of lives, the families who will no longer have their children beside them, schools with empty seats)... This is going to create such problems in the UK and feels almost planned in how it will be used as the impetus for a lot of laws to follow... and the UK is already the closest you can get to a Orwellian nightmare without it also being illegal to protest or dissent. So soon everyone is going to be hurting for years.
You really can't talk about the UK without trying to shit on it, can you?
Can he talk about anything without trying to shit on it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110866 on: May 23, 2017, 07:25:28 pm »

Oh, is Neonivek just completely fair game now?  We haven't always got along, but I really hoped GD was past that "Drop by just to gang up on the unpopular person" stuff.  I mean, we're certainly better than before...  Mostly attack opinions instead...  Can we keep it that way, please?  Maybe continue to improve?

Going through some earlier posts with a certain friend yesterday reminded me of how bad that used to be, here.  Was pretty sad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110867 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:47 pm »

Goodness guys I'll just put a webcam in my bathroom.

Oh, is Neonivek just completely fair game now?

It goes in cycles. In this case it is backlash from my posts in the UK thread. Which is because I find the excessive "Muslims need to Assimilate" narrative to be racist (as opposed to integrating... Which oddly got a lot of posts trying to sidestep it by intentionally confusing the issue).

Which given that it is a very popular opinion... means that I have an unfortunate antagonistic viewpoint.

Not to mention that I strongly disagree with many popular views from the UK (The popular view in the UK is that it is the foreigner's job to adapt) and don't shy away from systemic problems, which because of the way I type and conduct myself means that I cannot do so without seeming like I am trying to condemn the whole of the UK. Not to mention typical Neonivek "I cannot communicate my ideas correctly if my life depended on it, which it very much may someday"

Though I do find it strange that when I finally relented and did a huge post that actually took the viewpoints being presented to me... It was largely ignored.

I am more ok this this kind of backlash then "You are just being negative all the time!" backlash. At least there is some inference that they just dislike me because of my views rather then because of a perceived antagonism.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:49:03 pm by Neonivek »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110868 on: May 23, 2017, 07:43:33 pm »

You should crowdfund and let people vote/bid on what strange objects should be placed into the toilet throughout the stream.
How about some recent EA games? Or a kebab? ...Does TV Tropes have merch? Let's throw some of that in there, too.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #110869 on: May 24, 2017, 07:23:51 am »

You should crowdfund and let people vote/bid on what strange objects should be placed into the toilet throughout the stream.
How about some recent EA games? Or a kebab? ...Does TV Tropes have merch? Let's throw some of that in there, too.   
Brief problem:

Only the console copies of such games could be available for flushing. The advent of Origin and UPay and Steam all mean that physical copies of PC games don't seem to be made all that often. I think.

Will PC games have to be excluded? I mean, some of those games are pretty shit, too.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure TVT merch is just jokes, kind of like most of the rest of the site.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #110870 on: May 24, 2017, 08:15:49 pm »

The person who lives under my apartment has a TV.  Not in his living room, in his bedroom.  He plays it loud enough to be heard through the floorboards, in my room, and through my door into the adjoining room.  He plays his TV at 8 AM, 1 PM, 8 PM, midnight... 4 AM.  And all times in between, doesn't even fucking matter.  At any given time its random if TV guy's TV will be on, but its for many hours at a time usually.  Sometimes he falls asleep and leaves it on.  But even if he doesn't, its OK, he snores like a fucking bull.  Often the TV is so loud that with noise canceling earphones, playing loud white noise into my ears I can still hear it.  The only way to block it out without hurting my ears to play really high energy music, but I'm often not in the mood for that music say when I get home from work.  Which by the way is fucking 1 in the morning

I have a condition called auditory processing disorder.  It might not be its own thing, it might just be an additional effect of certain types of ADD, but the point is its real to me and ADD meds don't work on it.  Anyway, the condition.  My brain works fine, my ears work fine.  Something about the connection between them does not and all noise is like... like when you're listening to a song and you can't quite tell what the lyrics are so you have to piece together what the singer is saying syllable by syllable, and sometimes you get it wrong.  That's all sound for me all the time, like I literally don't know what a bunch of my coworkers are named because I couldn't hear the first time I heard their names and at some point it became awkward to ask.  If that was the only problem I would be a happy camper, but no.  See all sound is distracting to me.  If I'm already trying to pay attention to the sound that's fine.  But if I'm not, well.  Ever had someone wave their hand directly in front of your eyes?  Its aggravating right?  That's what all sound is like to me, all the time, no exceptions.  If home is noisey and my commute is noisey and work is noisey, that's an entire day in which I couldn't even think.  This thing that half of doctors can't even agree exists and no one has ever heard of has essentially ruined my entire life.

My standard for "quiet" is that I can't hear sound.  Any amount, ANY AMOUNT, of sound counts as distracting noise.  And I know that's not a fair standard, and I know I can't reasonably get mad at people for this, but I do.  And research has shown that this is simply how people with APD react to noise, with intense irrational anger.  Anger management techniques don't work, therapy (with the exception of one specific type that works best when you're 10 or less, I'm 23) doesn't help.  As long as its quiet, I *am* a calm person, I do have very good techniques for managing emotion and managing anger but it doesn't fucking matter because I.  Can't.  Deal.  With.  This.

And the thing is there's nowhere to go.  Everywhere I live is going to be like this.  A quiet home the city would cost more than I can afford, and I can't own a car for multiple reasons, so rural or cheap suburban is out.  My parents do have a fairly ritzy house in a quiet neighborhood but it would be very unhealthy to go back to them and the worst thing is, the WORST fucking thing is that even tho I have repeatedly tried to explain to them how this works they won't listen and they won't accommodate me.  Back home is almost as bad as here noise wise, despite the fact that its a free standing house and the only noise comes from them and their dogs.  And like I can't just keep uprooting myself every time someone else makes my living situation hell without understanding, because then I'd be moving every two weeks.  Fundamentally my perspective is so unusual that other people won't understand it.  I already told this guy to turn down his TV and he did slightly for a while and then bounced back, that's how absolutely everyone reacts.  Turn the sound down a little and then just turn it back up later.  People don't fucking get it.  And like yeah I totally could call the cops on this guy and probably get some mileage if nothing else because he blasts his TV at 4 in the morning, but like.  The cops would tell him to quiet down but it doesn't matter because he will and then I can't call the cops again because they'll just more-or-less correctly tell me to get over it.

I don't have a laptop either, I have a desktop because I naively believed I wouldn't have to be constantly moving around in my own home.  I'm just using headphones for my computer, I don't have a speaker system.  But there's nothing left but to order some speakers, point them straight into the floor, and then blast loud people memes and music that I don't mind but older men might.  At 2 in the morning.  You ruin my life for no reason, I'll ruin yours.  Fuck you TV guy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110871 on: May 24, 2017, 08:22:04 pm »

Depending on how your apartment building is managed, you might be able to complain to whoever manages it. It's also likely that you're not the only person disturbed by your neighbor, so complaints you make are going to have added weight because they'll confirm what other people have already said.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110872 on: May 24, 2017, 08:46:09 pm »

-snip-
That sounds terrible. I feel the same way about snoring. If I can hear someone snoring I can't fall asleep basically no matter how quiet it is, I'll just sit there getting progressively more and more pissed off until it either stops for a moment and I give in to exhaustion or I deliberately wake them up. I can hardly imagine the frustration of dealing with that feeling all the time. About that guy, some people are just not able to consider how what they do affects other people unless they're constantly reminded. TheDarkStar probably has the right idea. He's definitely pissed off far more people than just you if he's blasting his TV into the wee hours of the morning and if he's not going to listen to you personally, then that's a logical next step.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110873 on: May 24, 2017, 08:58:26 pm »

That's fair.  Intentionally antagonizing him would have unknown effects and I probably shouldn't do it.  Augh.  I'll think about it, my landlord is a lazy slumlord tho.  Very friendly and in his own way helpful but like he lives in another town and never comes here.  So... I dunno.

I also kinda hate confrontation, like I get real pissed but its all in my head.  Actually going out there and starting a conflict and talking to people... blergabhlahrblabalb.  I mean its important, definitely, if that's what it takes to solve this than I'll just have to get over myself if I can.

Edit: I should mention that I have had happy moments in my life.  The better my mood is and the less I've had to deal with noise lately the more I build up this tolerance.  If things have gone really well lately I can deal with an hour or more of constant noise and I'll just get a little irritated.  When things get really bad is when I go multiple days without ever getting to relax.  Unfortunately I have no real control over this and it happens a lot.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 09:29:30 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110874 on: May 24, 2017, 09:39:09 pm »

Ooooh boy, bowels making VERY ominous feelings right now. Gonna have to try staying calm, but fuck me if that's even remotely easy when your body is going into panic mode. Please excuse me for the TMI dump, but i gotta distract myself with something so i don't panic and make everything worse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110875 on: May 24, 2017, 10:34:15 pm »

Augh, I got food poisoning two different days in the same week once.  I didn't give me a literal phobia, but I'm seriously overcautious about dealing with meat now.  I can see how it would have that effect on you.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110876 on: May 24, 2017, 10:48:49 pm »

Holy crap, that sounds awful, i had PLENTY with just one round. Anyways, food poisoning is not what's up with me right now, thank goodness. I did end up having a panic attack though, that wasn't nice either. No puking done or required though, so hooray for that, i guess?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110877 on: May 24, 2017, 10:54:45 pm »

Spoiler: Personal issues (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110878 on: May 25, 2017, 12:44:51 am »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110879 on: May 25, 2017, 01:03:16 am »

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 7390 7391 [7392] 7393 7394 ... 8168