Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7389 7390 [7391] 7392 7393 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498651 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110850 on: May 22, 2017, 10:54:48 pm »

If your vehicle redlines at the speed limit (Talking highway here, interstates are often 70 to 80 MPH), then driving at 60 (10 to 20 under, exactly what he is decrying) is the fastest *SAFE* speed.

Exactly what I stated.

The right-most lane is for this slower moving traffic. If they stay in that lane, they are doing it correctly.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:56:54 pm by wierd »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110851 on: May 23, 2017, 01:33:40 am »

I generally feel awful today, and I have a lot of stuff to get done.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110852 on: May 23, 2017, 01:41:55 am »

If your vehicle redlines at the speed limit (Talking highway here, interstates are often 70 to 80 MPH), then driving at 60 (10 to 20 under, exactly what he is decrying) is the fastest *SAFE* speed.

Exactly what I stated.

The right-most lane is for this slower moving traffic. If they stay in that lane, they are doing it correctly.
...I have only rarely seen a 70mph interstate.  So...no.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110854 on: May 23, 2017, 06:55:32 am »

I-system near me went up to 70 within the last year.

It's usually closer to the cities that people go mad and are upwards of 80 though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110855 on: May 23, 2017, 09:28:45 am »

Both my grandfather and grandmother on my mother's side suffered from dementia in their later years, I never really knew either of them so I can't say it had much impact on me personally, But right now I'm starting to worry about my mother.  She turns sixty-four in November, and has been acting increasingly strange, just this weekend she and my wife had an exchange on Facebook that ended in what I can only describe as a delusional statement from my mother, where she accused me of lying to my family, and that my wife and friends were "feeding my delusions".  I am very concerned that she may be slipping into dementia.  This comes on the tail-end of her having an extended meltdown over my brother having a baby with his girlfriend and getting married, I'm an uncomfortable combination of sad, angry, and confused right now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:41:35 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110856 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:16 am »

R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore, patron Saint of British actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC9m0h4ZujY
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110857 on: May 23, 2017, 01:24:41 pm »

There are fast and slow lanes for a reason Hanslanda.  Perhaps their vintage hoopty from 1920 simply cannot drive 80mph-- ever think of that?  Hell, some vehicles from the 90s top out in the 80ish mph range-- close to redline.

If they stay in the right-most lane, they are doing things correctly, and are driving at the fastest safe speed for their vehicle. Being butthurt that they arent doing 5mph over the limit is absurd.

First of all, the highest speed limit around is fifty five where I live. Second of all, all the roads in this rural area are one lane. So driving fifteen or more under is just you deciding to be a prick. Or they're so terrified of driving they shouldn't be driving. Either way they are showing staggering amounts of disregard for fellow motorists, much like you are showing some pretty serious lack of understanding for someone who just wanted to vent.

So thanks for the unwarranted assumptions and judgement. It really helped me feel better.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #110858 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:26 pm »

Oh, and here is my extremely emphatic double post. In that situation, I was driving behind a 2000 something vehicle, one of those hideous cube things. In my 1996 geo metro. It's not like I was in a Lamborghini, behind a model t. Kay, now I'm going to try and relax. Again. I don't need more stress and bullshit in my life atm with a baby on the way, a stressful job that doesn't pay enough, a shit car, a tiny house, and a building list of health issues that includes a broken, crippled hand, possible cavities, anxiety issues I've never had before, and deeply rooted MDD.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110859 on: May 23, 2017, 04:10:56 pm »

The UK is in a REALLY REALLY rocky position when it comes to Muslim relations (more Rocky then the US is in fact).

HORRIBLE FREEKEN TRAGEDY aside (I don't want to make light of the sheer loss of lives, the families who will no longer have their children beside them, schools with empty seats)... This is going to create such problems in the UK and feels almost planned in how it will be used as the impetus for a lot of laws to follow... and the UK is already the closest you can get to a Orwellian nightmare without it also being illegal to protest or dissent. So soon everyone is going to be hurting for years.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110860 on: May 23, 2017, 04:20:51 pm »

The UK is in a REALLY REALLY rocky position when it comes to Muslim relations (more Rocky then the US is in fact).

HORRIBLE FREEKEN TRAGEDY aside (I don't want to make light of the sheer loss of lives, the families who will no longer have their children beside them, schools with empty seats)... This is going to create such problems in the UK and feels almost planned in how it will be used as the impetus for a lot of laws to follow... and the UK is already the closest you can get to a Orwellian nightmare without it also being illegal to protest or dissent. So soon everyone is going to be hurting for years.
You really can't talk about the UK without trying to shit on it, can you?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110861 on: May 23, 2017, 04:22:45 pm »

When the average street corner's use of CCD cameras an microphones practically comes right out of 1984, calling it Orwellian seems pretty apt to me.

Just throw in some MiniLove action, and you are set.

Currently though, it looks like the US has MiniLove (Extraordinary rendition + GITMO), the UK has MiniTruth-- We just need MiniPlenty and MiniPeace, and Oceania will be complete.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:25:27 pm by wierd »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110862 on: May 23, 2017, 04:26:59 pm »

As well I am referring to some very recent concerns that have popped up in the UK that might be pushed further because of the tragedy.

I also made sure to include "Without banning protest or dissent" because in all fairness having the government spy on you continuously isn't so bad when they aren't allowed to arrest you for little-no reason or because you don't like the current government. Which I felt the need to comment on due to a recent comment on how great Saudi Arabia is because of its lack of protestors. So things could always be much worse.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110863 on: May 23, 2017, 06:06:11 pm »

It seems someone I know online was there. I'm really glad they're okay but they're understandably traumatized. And some people they know weren't so lucky.

Aside from that, I'm just at a loss for words.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110864 on: May 23, 2017, 07:13:53 pm »

"NO! That's stupid! What we need to do is utterly isolate the Middle East and let them all kill each other until they're willing to reform!".
Well, obviously that would be a hell of a lot less expensive than either bombing them to ash or building schools to help cure their religion.   
The above quote is really quite a rational, moderate approach, that might even have a chance of working out if not for the constant pressure on ever 1st-world nation to accept boatload upon boatload of refugees day-in and day-out. :P I saw a British newspaper the other day, tucked away on a rack in the corner of the supermarket. I should have bought it, but the front page was already unpleasantly bleak from the glance I took.   

Anyway, my Sad: I think I may have damaged my hearing further. Somehow.
This was using the same earphones at the same volume I've had them at in the past, with the same EQ settings... perhaps the mix on the album I was listening to was considerably louder, and with my fatigued/blocked ears I failed to notice this at the time. Who knows. I should really get my ears unblocked at a clinic and start guarding my hearing like a parent with a nubile daughter in ye olde medieval tymes.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7389 7390 [7391] 7392 7393 ... 8168