Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7379 7380 [7381] 7382 7383 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500697 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110700 on: May 02, 2017, 06:30:54 pm »

Hey at least you didn't get trigger fingers from too much masturbation...

* Cinder coughs
well i cannot say with complete certainty whether or not it has contributed to the issue at hand

I see what you did there.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #110701 on: May 03, 2017, 01:14:57 am »

I had a huge surge of writing motivation about a month ago, but now it's gone and I'm left feeling guilty for not updating the fanfic that spawned from said motivational surge.

I don't want to abandon it, but finding the motivation to continue it has been difficult.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #110702 on: May 03, 2017, 01:19:14 am »

My Vive is a reporting a Fault 03 on one of the base stations today.  Googling indicates this is a fault in some internal component, and the only answer is to send the unit back :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110703 on: May 03, 2017, 07:26:59 am »

I had a huge surge of writing motivation about a month ago, but now it's gone and I'm left feeling guilty for not updating the fanfic that spawned from said motivational surge.

I don't want to abandon it, but finding the motivation to continue it has been difficult.
A motivational surge will not serve you indefinitely, no matter what. The only thing to do is to sit down and Shia LaBeouf it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110704 on: May 03, 2017, 12:17:18 pm »

Been waiting a little bit over 2 weeks to hear back about a job.  They basically told me I was hired and that they just had to wait for my background check to come back.  They even had me fill out most of the hiring paperwork like emergency contacts and direct deposit.

Decided to give them a quick call to check in, make sure I didn't miss a call from them at some point, and was basically set aside with a 'too busy I'll call you back in a bit'.  They never called back.

Kinda sad because it's not exactly a high end job, and it also sounded like such a sure thing that I had stopped looking for those 2 weeks.  As far as I know my background check should be perfectly spotless, makes me wonder if they ended up finding that other guy with my exact same name that lives in town here instead of me.  The only reason I know about him is because I saw him in a newspaper arrested for burglary.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110705 on: May 03, 2017, 01:10:22 pm »

Depending on how detailed a background check they decide to do, it can take a long time, and having a completely blank record can make it take a lot longer than one that is nearly blank for various reasons. Where I work the initial background check usually takes two to three weeks, and the deep check for licensed jobs can easily take three to four months.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110706 on: May 03, 2017, 05:08:32 pm »

It is entirely possible the check is still being done I suppose. 

But how long does it take to just say, "nope haven't heard anything back yet"?  Even if he was super busy, like literally holding multiple conversations at once, an actual call back later in the day (or even today, which did not happen) does not sound out of the question for a potential employee you sounded thrilled to have in the interview.  Hell he was even willing to offer me a bonus to help him with powerpoint and word and crap for his monthly reports to corporate since I actually have a computer science degree and a Microsoft certification once I was hired.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #110707 on: May 05, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »

So, last night, my right wrist AKA dominant hand joint AKA drawing hand joint produced non-insignificant physical pain while drawing, which diminished again when i stopped drawing.

Odds are it will go away. I play a lot of piano and sometimes my wrist/forearm/finger just decides to hurt and I have to tone down my practicing for a few days but then it goes away.
Seems to be better after a day of doing a whole lot of being fucking bored, so you may be right. I am entirely okay with that. I might actually get legitimately depressed if i had to stop drawing for the foreseeable future. :I
Note on this, but a lot of wrist pain has to do with making sure your wrists are straight as much as possible the majority of theme (be that drawing, practicing, or sleeping especially). I started to run into the same thing a lot with programming and I know it certainly took me a little while to retrain myself to ensure that my wrists stayed straight without collapsing while I worked.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110708 on: May 05, 2017, 07:18:34 pm »

Mhm, worth keeping in mind and giving a shot, my wrists are constantly in motion when mousing, typing or drawing. However, most of my arm pain is usually not in the wrist (or any other joints, for that matter), but rather in the tendons/muscles. It can go all the way back to my shoulder blade when it's really bad, and as it stands, i'm pretty sure that the only way i can be rid of this pain is to stop using computers entirely for a fairly significant amount of time. Unfortunately, i have yet to find anything else than can fill out all that time. :-\
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110709 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:08 pm »

Mhm, worth keeping in mind and giving a shot, my wrists are constantly in motion when mousing, typing or drawing. However, most of my arm pain is usually not in the wrist (or any other joints, for that matter), but rather in the tendons/muscles. It can go all the way back to my shoulder blade when it's really bad, and as it stands, i'm pretty sure that the only way i can be rid of this pain is to stop using computers entirely for a fairly significant amount of time. Unfortunately, i have yet to find anything else than can fill out all that time. :-\

Try to find a good chiropractor who will work with your whole body and not just your back? It's taken a few months, but I'm pain-free significantly more often now. Massages also really help because they loosen up stuff that's stuck in a bad position.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110710 on: May 06, 2017, 07:37:26 pm »

This past week was amazingly garbage. When I got home yesterday, I was in physical pain and felt about ready to die in order to not go to work next week.

I'm better today, but holy fuck that was a bad week with the mother of all bad Fridays to cap it off.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #110711 on: May 08, 2017, 01:20:54 pm »

I picked up a cardboard box in the backyard and small things with legs fell out and down my back and now I have bites everywhere
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110712 on: May 08, 2017, 01:48:33 pm »

I picked up a cardboard box in the backyard and small things with legs fell out and down my back and now I have bites everywhere

Toddler swarms, they hide everywhere.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110713 on: May 08, 2017, 01:53:02 pm »

Preying on the strong to feed the week, biting to defend. Theirs are the stings which battle the darkness of starvation, and the feet which lend strength to those who would run from danger.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #110714 on: May 08, 2017, 02:10:19 pm »

Talk to a doctor before you turn into a zombie or something.

NOT so you can infect as many people as possible, just so you can get help.
Pages: 1 ... 7379 7380 [7381] 7382 7383 ... 8168