Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7338 7339 [7340] 7341 7342 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490433 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110085 on: January 31, 2017, 10:44:08 pm »

In Canada, right wing extremists attacked a mosque in Quebec, killing 6 people and wounding 8, of whom some are in critical condition. According to eye-witnesses, an unknown number of gunmen entered the mosque and opened fire at the 40-ish people present there for the evening prayer.
Two gunmen have been arrested.

The Canadian prime minister condemned the act, and called it a terrorist attack.

The New York police have responded by sending protective details to all mosques and other prayer houses. Mayor Bill Blasio Twittered that the city and police will protect all muslims. "We shall fight all hate and prejudice".

The weird thing was that the shooter was recently reported as being a childhood friend of a Canadian soldier who died in Afghanistan. He was outside the funeral and was interviewed, and told the media he had many fond memories of the soldier who died.

Except you check out the bio for the two people and they had nothing in common. The mosque shooter was a no-friends nerd who was unpopular and was picked on in school, and who grew up in urban part of Quebec City, only 15 minutes away from where he did the shooting, while the dead soldier was a rugged weight-lifting ladies man from a small country town near Montreal. So basically he completely bullshitted about knowing a war hero.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 10:46:40 pm by Reelya »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110086 on: January 31, 2017, 11:28:12 pm »

As part of a deal for getting new glasses from some local welfare thing, my mom got a proper checkup for the first time... Since I've been born now that it comes up. She had incredibly high blood pressure (apparently "drop dead any second" high) and got a prescription for blood pressure medicine.

Mom's anti-vax levels of afraid and ignorant of medicine. I sense I'm going to have to give the "Do you want to take a pill or do you want to fucking die" talk many times in my near future.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #110087 on: February 01, 2017, 02:21:12 am »

Two years ago today, the world lost an unfathomably amazing individual.

I miss you every day, Monty Oum.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #110088 on: February 01, 2017, 02:50:58 pm »

I came across a guy online that said and implied several things which actually made me call him a retard out loud.

For one: He implied that British culture is superior to all others. Second: Anyone wanting to stay in the EU is pro ISIS. Third, anyone not criticising Islam and not wanting it out of Britain is pro ISIS. Fourth, anyone opposing what he was saying was pro ISIS.

I mean... How fucking braindead do you have to be to think like that? And he defended his position rigorously, making me rather suspect he wasn't trolling.

Why do I think of Russian Nationalists while reading this post? Oh yeah, because they're pretty much that dude you meet online, just replace "pro-ISIS" with "Pro-Western/Russophobic", and also replace second, third and fourth issue with "doesn't view Western people as morally inferior", "anyone who doesn't have hate-boner towards America/EU", and "anyone opposing Putin is an evil liberal sellout and wants Russia destroyed" respectively to issue's number.

Sorry for bringing up the politics, I'm out.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110089 on: February 01, 2017, 03:05:28 pm »

I came across a guy online that said and implied several things which actually made me call him a retard out loud.

He implied that British culture is superior to all others. Second: Anyone wanting to stay in the EU is pro ISIS. Third, anyone not criticising Islam and not wanting it out of Britain is pro ISIS. Fourth, anyone opposing what he was saying was pro ISIS.

And..... the problem is the last one, right? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110090 on: February 01, 2017, 04:57:09 pm »

Boo.  Trudeau backed out of his promise for electoral reform.  What a douchenozzle.   :-[
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110091 on: February 01, 2017, 10:04:05 pm »

Is that the guy with the skirt? :P   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110092 on: February 02, 2017, 01:27:30 pm »

That's the guy who got elected on deficit spending to stimulate the economy, marijuana legalization, electoral reform away from FPTP, and Being Not Stephen Harper.

2/4 so far, 1 outright cancelled. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110093 on: February 03, 2017, 02:44:47 am »

Shit, he turned into Harper? That really sucks for you guys.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110094 on: February 03, 2017, 02:51:44 am »

They should have known better after the time he was found with a half-melted nose and wearing Harper's suit, really.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110095 on: February 03, 2017, 07:33:50 pm »

I'm just feeling hopeless lately. Like I'm slipping inexorably backwards. I mean, I don't think I ever had forward movement, or even traction to begin with, but think I've devolved from slipping backwards while still on my feet to just full on tumbling downhill.

I don't want to hyperbolize, so take that with a grain of salt, I'm just finding it hard to do anything when it feels like I'm just not making any progress.

I had my third session with my therapist. I guess things are going well. I still get the feeling that I'm being very unnaturally stilted and awkward in speech and behavior with her.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110096 on: February 03, 2017, 08:37:30 pm »

*hugs JoshuaFH*
I wish I had helpful words but I don't know enough about your situation to offer any.

As for the therapist: That's a normal thing.  Give it time.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #110097 on: February 03, 2017, 09:18:50 pm »

I'm just feeling hopeless lately. Like I'm slipping inexorably backwards. I mean, I don't think I ever had forward movement, or even traction to begin with, but think I've devolved from slipping backwards while still on my feet to just full on tumbling downhill.

I don't want to hyperbolize, so take that with a grain of salt, I'm just finding it hard to do anything when it feels like I'm just not making any progress.

Just remember that success is often gained by failing your way forward. Did poorly in a job interview? Go get another one and try again. Having trouble communicating with people? Keep trying until it works. Having trouble getting up in the morning? Keep trying until something gets you up, even if it's just a need to use the bathroom or eat.

Doesn't matter that you failed before or that you may fail again, what matters is that you keep trying.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #110098 on: February 04, 2017, 02:01:41 am »

I just want people to like me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110099 on: February 04, 2017, 02:13:15 am »

I just want people to like me.

Right? Sometimes I'll hang out on campus way past when I could have gone home, on days when my class is cancelled, etc. just waiting to see somebody (different people from a group I know, I'm not a stalker I swear). And then whenever I get bored and leave I wonder what the hell I thought was going to happen if they saw me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7338 7339 [7340] 7341 7342 ... 8167