Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7326 7327 [7328] 7329 7330 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486224 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109905 on: January 12, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »

I'm not dismissing it as implausible, I'm just........paranoid, I guess. I don't know, I wrote that really late at night.

EDIT: In other sads, I now feel like shit for no reason. I lost my ; key, so I'm currently using the tip of a pocket knife to hit it. I've spent the whole day writing on my arm though, so I guess that's a plus.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:24:06 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109906 on: January 12, 2017, 09:41:04 pm »

I'm not dismissing it as implausible, I'm just........paranoid, I guess. I don't know, I wrote that really late at night.
Understood. I'm just concerned, is all. Well, anyway, hope everything turns out alright.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109907 on: January 13, 2017, 05:49:53 am »

I have become violently ill and have vomited several times.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #109908 on: January 13, 2017, 10:35:54 am »

went to my great-grandfather's funeral today

the people at the local department store closed for an hour so they could attend the service. his ashes were spread under snow softly falling from the sky. it was a good end.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109909 on: January 13, 2017, 11:59:07 pm »

Father violent send hellp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109910 on: January 14, 2017, 12:15:22 am »

... Um...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109911 on: January 14, 2017, 12:44:35 am »

long time no post, and can't be arsed with proper capitalization.

so yeah, oh dear, i'm going to be part of a population where we're going to complain about work. and now i finally, truly understand what you guys with work feel now

so yes, working on the phones on a call center tech support on an account with big-ass metrics. there's the big four: CSAT, FCR, TR AND DR. AHT is also there somewhere. CSAT is customer satisfaction survey, which is randomly assigned, and given my relative virginity to the industry as this is my first job, i can handle only a few calls, means that there is a very big chance i wont get a return on this one. there are four areas of consideration in CSAT, which is knowledge, responsiveness, resolution and one other statistic i cant be arsed to figure out. so obtaining a 100% CSAT requires you to resolve the issue and be as helpful as possible to the customer. however this presents complications with AHT or average handling time because this call center wants you to ditch the customer as fast as possible, and my newness to the industry isnt helping me at all. and if you get a dissatisfaction rating, especially from idiotic people who would not listen to reason, youd have to claw out a good 4 or so CSATs in order to catch up.

AHT is well, average handling time, and in theory is very understandable why they set it up. but with the number of customers and issues that i get i can spend upwards to 40 minutes convincing the elderly that there is nothing wrong on our end of the internet service and getting them to shut up so i can end the call. this is very difficult to handle and match as you are expected to understand whats going on onset of the call, while the customer says their internet is not working with no practical explanation as to what happened (but i do understand why it can get hard to explain on customer end)

TR, or transfer rate. everytime we transfer someone to a different department we incur a transfer penalty. i understand this is to avoid agents from sending it to someone else and avoid a call, but its also a bit unreasonable when we're not allowed to do sales on our end and have to get damaged in order for the customer to get what they need. and this also results in us not getting CSAT calls.

DR, or dispatch rate. sending a technician also incurs a hit, even if its already determined that they need a technician in their area to get their problem fixed. or that some wires have been revealed in their apartment and have to be reburied in order to fix the area and prevent future issues

then theres FCR or first call resolution. customer must not call your department back in order for you not to get hit. however on certain scenarios you will get hit by this and you will get hit a lot. and we have a period of 3 days to consider if customer will call back and if it will hit your metrics.

other metrics include schedule adherence, which is follow your work schedule to the letter or get penalized, and using our own troubleshooting manual. for compliance purposes you must use it and click a button to confirm that you used it in troubleshooting, which kills your aht and in most cases, fcr and dr because the guide is lacking some things and customers do not wanna wait for more than 30 mins (understandable).

making it worse are some agents doing ninja moves, making it shit for the next handler (me), and there are some calls that take over 3 hrs when the person youre talking to is an utter idiot.

so before i eventually digress on the topic, I'll have to remind myself that I am here for work experience, however I don't feel I will last very long in this job at all. You must give yourself 30 days advanced notice when resigning so I can't just vault out of there if I want my resignation to be on good terms, and it's still damn too early to leave. Further exacerbating the issue is that I AM required to work a good 4 months or they can do legal action on me or take 25k php off my pay and remaining balances for the training period I undertook. Termination/Resignation during that period will allow them to go after me, which is usually just a threat, but I'd like to play extra safe as i dont intend to resign very early or get terminated.

so with resignation rules stating above, I don want to be considered as a sloppy job hopper, and can't determine if I should resign during the 6th month of work or maybe try to last in this metric shithole for a year before giving myself the paper bullet.

so what should I do? my weeks are full of mental and emotional fatigue, and while ai can handle the work hours, I cannot handle the strict amount of metrics imposed; they all look shit.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #109912 on: January 14, 2017, 02:46:21 am »

Depression: 1, Arx: 0. Dammit.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109913 on: January 14, 2017, 03:47:36 am »

@Arx: *hugs*: 1 Depression: About to be punched in the face by a wildly flailing wizard fish penguin wearing a tophat.

I'll drop you a PM too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #109914 on: January 14, 2017, 08:22:16 am »

Scores leveled, my brother managed to get me out of bed and about. Thank'y for the kind words, TBF. :)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109915 on: January 14, 2017, 10:40:14 am »

If you find one, let me know.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109916 on: January 14, 2017, 11:10:32 am »

Found out today that one of my aunts has stage 4 terminal cancer, and that there's nothing anyone can do about it.

The super fucked-up part is that she just found out about it yesterday.
She died last night.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109917 on: January 14, 2017, 12:39:09 pm »

*hugs Sirus*

I don't have words for this.

Cancer sucks.

I hope there's something out there and that she's happy in it.

As for us we must keep going.

*hugs again*

@greatorder:If you have a spare computer...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109918 on: January 14, 2017, 02:01:09 pm »

Get a gun.

Use second ammendment rights to get job position.

???

Profit.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109919 on: January 14, 2017, 02:04:49 pm »

He's a Brit IIRC, he doesn't have a Second Amendment.

Even if he did, the Second Amendment doesn't work that way.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7326 7327 [7328] 7329 7330 ... 8167