Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7303 7304 [7305] 7306 7307 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476628 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109560 on: December 13, 2016, 06:44:34 am »

Didn't you already move to the UK, chairman?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109561 on: December 13, 2016, 07:24:53 am »

No. I expected to do so but my erstwhile boss hung me out to dry.   >:(

To clarify, I spent several months in the UK in a clinical rotation. But when I tried to contact him to talk business (aka, among other things, what job opportunities I might have avaiable) he failed to reply at all. He also failed to act as my referee, despite the fact that he had promised to do so.

So I went back home, got my current (and intermitent) job at a small hospital in the middle of the mountains, and started preparing alternatives. Among others this Ireland thing.

I don't discard the UK out of hand, but with this Brexit thing going on it's not really clear what will happen to EU residents.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #109562 on: December 13, 2016, 10:00:30 am »

Apparently I'm so dumb that people have given up trying to educate me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109563 on: December 13, 2016, 10:12:36 am »

Apparently I'm so dumb that people have given up trying to educate me.
Just put it in your CV as 'Master's Degree in Ignorance'. Probably will fool 50% of HR drones.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #109564 on: December 13, 2016, 11:48:41 am »

No. I expected to do so but my erstwhile boss hung me out to dry.   >:(

To clarify, I spent several months in the UK in a clinical rotation. But when I tried to contact him to talk business (aka, among other things, what job opportunities I might have avaiable) he failed to reply at all. He also failed to act as my referee, despite the fact that he had promised to do so.

So I went back home, got my current (and intermitent) job at a small hospital in the middle of the mountains, and started preparing alternatives. Among others this Ireland thing.

I don't discard the UK out of hand, but with this Brexit thing going on it's not really clear what will happen to EU residents.

Wow, what an asshole. The least he could've done was to actually turn you down.
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109565 on: December 13, 2016, 11:53:12 am »

On the plus side, going to Ireland would put you closer to me. *Smiles malevolently*.

(augh, Dwarfy, that's bringing back last semester's nightmares. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SCRIBBLE ON THIS TWISTY PAPER exam thing - Wait, did I even come to this class? Am I in this class? Wait, I've finished Calc III already...?!)
Yep, not a good feeling. Given my Masters ambitions, such a blot is probably bad.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109566 on: December 13, 2016, 12:30:24 pm »

I can't afford to get the papers I need to work above the table in this country, nor will I be able to afford a ticket out once my visa runs out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109567 on: December 13, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »

Wow, what an asshole. The least he could've done was to actually turn you down.

Yeah. I wasn't expecting miracles. But  some advice, a recommendation letter, and telling me if something came up would have been nice. Or, as you say, at the very least telling me directly he's unavaiable for the foreseeable future.

A mutual acquitance told me he's going through a rough patch and that I should try to contact him (again, that is  ::) ), but frankly, I've not seen any signs suggesting he wont stonewall me again, so I'll pass. I'm more than willing to talk it out if he's willing, but I'm not about to waste time in pointless contact attempts.

On the plus side, going to Ireland would put you closer to me. *Smiles malevolently*.

We'll see. For the moment there's nothing definite. I still have to give the go-ahead to the headhunters. And do the actual interview, of course. During which I may get hired or not, and/or I might decide to stay at my current place or not, depending on the details and the conditions. But yeah, I'm strongly considering it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:25:24 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109568 on: December 13, 2016, 05:04:36 pm »

I can't afford to get the papers I need to work above the table in this country, nor will I be able to afford a ticket out once my visa runs out.
:o
...How much is it?

@Cinder:Why do you think that?

@ChairmanPoo:Geez, that's nasty.  *pats*

@DwArfY1:Talk to your teacher for crying out loud.  They might be willing to work with you.

@Gamedragon: *hugpats*
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:36:58 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109569 on: December 13, 2016, 07:40:45 pm »

If you can't afford a ticket out, you could get deported for free.

Main issue being you probably won't be allowed back in ever, even temporarily.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109570 on: December 14, 2016, 01:21:58 am »

...How much is it?

₹15,000, or $220, or my monthly salary.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109571 on: December 14, 2016, 10:35:33 am »

...How much is it?

₹15,000, or $220, or my monthly salary.
...Anybody have a spare $220?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109572 on: December 14, 2016, 01:16:24 pm »

My teacher told me to come in today for a presentation or he would fail me. I come in despite having what I'm pretty sure is a sore throats and flu , and he changes the date for me to present to tommorow. And my school doesn't let sick students come out he next day, so I'll have to risk suspension not to fail my class. I've also been sitting in the office waiting for the nurse to get to me for 20 minute while she gossips to a friend instead of checking me

I also scratched my phones screen with my nail while typing this by accident. I don't like today aaaaaa
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109573 on: December 14, 2016, 01:26:02 pm »

People that can't stay to their word, especially teachers, are dicks.

Like, you control our potential future, and you can't keep a stable date on an assignment that's graded so heavily?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109574 on: December 14, 2016, 04:51:46 pm »

My anxiety and depression pretty much disappeared for a while, but now I've started actually thinking about things and all the insurmountable obstacles before me again and they have returned with a vengeance. The familiar tightness in my gut is back already, and it's only early in the morning and I am yet to even see anyone today.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7303 7304 [7305] 7306 7307 ... 8167