Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7301 7302 [7303] 7304 7305 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476482 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109530 on: December 09, 2016, 10:38:59 pm »

Weather finally got cold enough (close to freezing for several days' duration) to probably kill off most of my vegetable garden.
Do you even garden, bro? In such cold weather you need to roost protectively atop your leafy charges, like a mother hen.
Alternatively, you can smother them with a warm layer of aphids.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109531 on: December 10, 2016, 07:40:22 am »

I hear some gardeners pour water on their plants, encasing them in toasty blocks of ice during the night
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109532 on: December 10, 2016, 07:50:33 am »

Next year grow sprouts and borecole. Both actually need some frost before harvest.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #109533 on: December 10, 2016, 10:26:16 am »

Nah, grow Swedes, frost just makes us tastier.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109534 on: December 10, 2016, 10:28:44 am »

Nah, Swedes are tasteless by themselves, they only acquire taste through adding enough chocolate moose.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109535 on: December 10, 2016, 05:56:09 pm »

Feeling somewhat strained with revision. I have had dreams set in Norse sagas.

Send help.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #109536 on: December 11, 2016, 08:19:17 am »

My dad just won't leave me alone when it comes to my studies. He keeps bossing me around with my work treating every single thing like urgent matters, and he always justifies it by saying he'll leave me alone when everything starts going right for me. That excuse is just dumb, he's thrown it at me over the last 3/4 years, even before I actually got into difficult studies, and he's never shown any sign of stopping even though this year, I'm starting to easily get excellent results and all my professors - literally all of them - are backing me up to make sure everything goes well for me. It's just depressing how he keeps treating me like a 10-year-old.

EDIT: to clarify, he never actually helps me with my work, he just goes "Do it NOW. If you don't, I'll take your laptop away, since it's obviously the reason you're failing."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:26:51 am by Felissan »
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109537 on: December 11, 2016, 08:41:37 am »

Thankfully my parents stopped doing that after I made it perfectly clear that being told to revise so depressingly often made a large part of me want to rebel and not revise.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #109538 on: December 11, 2016, 10:47:51 am »

I know exactly how you feel. My dad is like that too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109539 on: December 11, 2016, 10:53:37 am »

Thankfully my parents stopped doing that after I made it perfectly clear that being told to revise so depressingly often made a large part of me want to rebel and not revise.
The gist of this, Feli :D
Communicate with your parents; they care, they're doing this out of good intentions--what's lacking may be communication on your part, notably phrased in a way you'd like to be heard (and as if you're the one receiving it too, for bonus assessment).

Reminds me of how I did stuff with my mom .-.; Asian parents = Asian parents :D So strict! So [GRADES!]. Much communication is needed, and follow-up what you say with planning since they're pretty much concerned about how you go about things. Them doing that = them caring...even if it seems like they're intrusive in a possible way.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109540 on: December 12, 2016, 02:01:33 pm »

I'm fairly certain I'm going to fail two of my classes this semester. I should be working on a group project, but I can't concentrate enough to do it.

This has been a bad semester for me. I've had more mental breakdowns than I can count, relapsed from being several months clean from cutting and I've almost ended up in the hospital again at least twice. "Hopes" of law school dashed, which I didn't want to go anyway but y'know. Dad wanted me to do it so I had to.

I hate my degree. I find criminal justice interesting, but there's nothing I want to do with the major. I wish I was a creative writing or theater major. Like... things that I loved to do. Instead, I've lost sight of the things I enjoyed so I could please those who expected things of me.

I feel like my life is ruined because of my fucking controlling father.

Just... Fuck.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #109541 on: December 12, 2016, 05:11:45 pm »

Last night I had a really severe anxiety attack because a friend was talking about their best friends and things they did together.

Fucking hell. I can't even hear about the things that make people happy. I just want to be happy for them, like I can be when they talk about literally anything else.

But fuck, I just look back on my life and the complete lack of friends and it all just... How the fuck did I never make any friends? I had so many opportunities, so many people I could've easily been friends with if I put in even a tiny bit of time or just a sliver of effort. I never did anything to do it. And if I did, I always fucked up with the few sorta-friends I had. Never had any real lasting friendships.

Why can't I just be an introvert and be happy being alone? Instead I have to deal with this incredibly crushing sense of loneliness by constantly feeling sorry for myself. And still not doing anything about it. If I do try, actually go to a group, I can talk to basically anyone and everyone just fine. I'm not super awkward, for the most part. I'm sociable, I know what to say. I just... I can't make friends. It doesn't matter how hard I try or what I do. Every single time it's always ended in failure. Maybe I just need to be patient, keep going to the same groups, but I can't even do that.

I want actual things to do. I want to go out and do things. I want to get out of this fucking house and do something other than waste my time all day. I want friends to go out and do things with. I want friends I can talk to for more than a few weeks or months at a time.

I might just give up being social entirely. Fuck any chatting or forums or anything else. Withdraw completely and utterly. There's no point in even trying so why bother subjecting myself to this. Can't even fucking bear people having friends. Such a powerful feeling of envy and anxiety and depression and just... Fuck it all. I can't handle it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109542 on: December 12, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »

Sooo... I'm torn.

I have an offer to leave my country and work elsewhere for about 4 times as much as I'm earning here. Place is a bit better, hours a bit worse.

Buut, I'd have to leave my country, and work elsewhere, for somewhat worse hours. The place is a bit better and the wages about four times as high as my current ones.

So yeah, I'm suffering from some anxiety due to this
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109543 on: December 12, 2016, 05:37:58 pm »

Did you do cost of living?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #109544 on: December 12, 2016, 05:51:10 pm »

So, uh, about my dad...

Spoiler: Don't quote (click to show/hide)

At least now he's gone back home and he won't bother me until I come back for the holidays.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.
Pages: 1 ... 7301 7302 [7303] 7304 7305 ... 8167