Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7300 7301 [7302] 7303 7304 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476554 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #109515 on: December 08, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »

Yeah okay what the hell is with your parents.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109516 on: December 08, 2016, 09:10:33 pm »

I second this
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109517 on: December 08, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »

It is amazing how you say that you have barely any personality, but I can almost imagine you, and I have never even spoken to you, let alone met you before. Perhaps it is just too late in the night again. But hey, you have personality by the wagon. The problem is that you have to suppress it a lot because you are not in a friendly environment. If you make a push here, you no longer will be, and that will be fine. In fact, that will be just great. It is fine if you have to lie (though that probably doesn't make it easier?) - a person doesn't have to live that way first and foremost, and the rest is to a point irrelevant. I may be rambling here because it's late and I haven't slept. Again. But I have hope that you will pull through.

In retrospect I shouldn't post this, even more so after I have acknowledged that I shouldn't and it is incoherent. But I speak too little anyway, and I cannot manage coherence anymore. So I will. Here. Sorry. I shall be ashamed about how rambling this is later.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109518 on: December 08, 2016, 10:05:13 pm »

My order of Chinese food got messed up. Instead of delicious chicken chunks and whole chilies, I got some dish with a small amount of shredded chicken and a lot of a tasteless leafy vegetable that I can't identify because I didn't order it. All just covered in soy sauce.

God, why. It will be weeks before I can justify ordering Chinese again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #109519 on: December 08, 2016, 10:21:13 pm »

Got an iphone today but it has time locks so I can't do much of anything past 10 pm :(
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #109520 on: December 08, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »

I second this
Stuff I can infer very heavily from the consistent background, but it may be impolite to talk about :<
Still, sending Caroline PMs and support help a lot, especially if they're dealing with intense emotions. Relatably...it saddens me in seeing certain negative and very well not-from-them things pop up in others while viewing their timeline that they're ok in sharing. Prevention is great, but handling is also just as great. And these last two sentences are not against anyone in particular.

Don't be sad for writing things in here Caroline--everyone needs an outlet. It's a psychological need when facing tension or stress. You aren't a fragile person--you're a very articulate person dealing with stressors uncommon for your age and someone who has been dealing with them for quite some time; everyone has their moments of 'weakness' (which isn't actually weakness but 'commonality of terms may make it feel like that') that may get them down, which is a normal phenomenon.

Also what Avis said in pertaining to your personality. There's suppression going on, which may interfere with how you judge things and others if there is only total exposure to what suppresses that--you've got control in it though, and it's in working with how you handle all that after everything has happened, to even prepare for when similar measures may happen again.

-snip snoop-
You write nice, concise things! :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 10:28:42 pm by Tiruin »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109521 on: December 09, 2016, 01:15:34 pm »

So RelicNews is shutting down at the end of next month. Kind of an end to an era of sorts. I've been there for nine years a couple days ago, that place defined me as a person in certain aspects (like say taking up digital art for one, or discovering DF and trough it this place for another). Sure I'll stay in contact with the folks in one way or another but it's the whole place thing that won't make it completely the same thing I guess, or something, not entirely sure.

Also hi, I guess I'm kinda back? Not sure, been meaning to post something for a couple of weeks now, never could get the jumble of thoughts into something coherent though.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #109522 on: December 09, 2016, 01:19:44 pm »

Welcome back, nice to see you again.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109523 on: December 09, 2016, 01:25:11 pm »

@Jopax:Welcome back.  I wish it was under better circumstances, but it is good to see a familiar face.

@Caroline:What Tiruin said is so, so true.  And what Avis-Mergulus said is true.

You are an amazing person, Caroline.  Don't let them make you think otherwise, just because you have to hide it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109524 on: December 09, 2016, 02:15:31 pm »

...Could we hire a "hit"man? Just like someone to *hit* her parents? I think they need a good hit to the nose.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #109525 on: December 09, 2016, 02:19:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109526 on: December 09, 2016, 03:02:15 pm »

[insert picture of mord-sith with agiel here]
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #109527 on: December 09, 2016, 04:41:57 pm »

Weather finally got cold enough (close to freezing for several days' duration) to probably kill off most of my vegetable garden. Okra plant and tomato plant are both wilting and shriveling up, and the green bean vines are also wilting and leaves are shriveling. Cucumber plants that made a surprising comeback (plant basically seemed to die of old age a month ago, then started growing back) are now completely wilted and basically lying on the ground now. Carrots look to be doing ok at least.

I was expecting this, it was inevitable considering all these plants were for warmer weather, but still a bit of a bummer.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109528 on: December 09, 2016, 06:10:24 pm »

@Jopax:Welcome back.  I wish it was under better circumstances, but it is good to see a familiar face.

@Caroline:What Tiruin said is so, so true.  And what Avis-Mergulus said is true.

You are an amazing person, Caroline.  Don't let them make you think otherwise, just because you have to hide it.
I second this, honestly that's just a horrible experience that you are going through, and you have my full faith and support in the matter. I don't know what much to say, as it sounds like you are in a situation with events beyond your control, so don't feel discouraged about posting here. Feel free to PM me, I'll provide my support in whatever way possible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109529 on: December 09, 2016, 10:34:43 pm »

Weather finally got cold enough (close to freezing for several days' duration) to probably kill off most of my vegetable garden.
Do you even garden, bro? In such cold weather you need to roost protectively atop your leafy charges, like a mother hen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7300 7301 [7302] 7303 7304 ... 8167