Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 [7188] 7189 7190 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480979 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107805 on: September 20, 2016, 05:30:07 pm »

Yes Kot, I'm not proud at all and yes, it's really stupid. That's the main issue. We already had a lot of history behind. At the time of my stupid mistake we were pretty strained but it was not a good call. I should have talked to her instead of having an stupid childish outlet.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #107806 on: September 20, 2016, 06:41:40 pm »

My gf's roommate's car was totaled by an idiotic bus driver. He's fine but now him and my gf are left without a car and she's having to rely on other people to get to work. Also the city is claiming that the crash never even happened. The amount of head-up-your-own-ass-ness that requires is fucking mind boggling. Seriously, just fuck you Des Moines! But luckily my gf's roommate's mom's friend is a lawyer who apparently is very good at this sort of thing so it should be okay... after a long drawn out legal battle. BLUH.

But the really bad part of this is that I was planning on seeing my gf for my birthday at the end of the month, and now I don't know if that's even going to happen. Not having a car makes going anywhere very difficult, including things like going to the airport and picking me up and dropping me off :(

I still want to do it but... fuck. That really throws a wrench in those plans.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107807 on: September 20, 2016, 07:01:40 pm »

If you can drive, and can afford it, maybe rent a car for your stay?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107808 on: September 20, 2016, 07:58:55 pm »

My gf's roommate's car was totaled by an idiotic bus driver. He's fine but now him and my gf are left without a car and she's having to rely on other people to get to work. Also the city is claiming that the crash never even happened. The amount of head-up-your-own-ass-ness that requires is fucking mind boggling. Seriously, just fuck you Des Moines! But luckily my gf's roommate's mom's friend is a lawyer who apparently is very good at this sort of thing so it should be okay... after a long drawn out legal battle. BLUH.

But the really bad part of this is that I was planning on seeing my gf for my birthday at the end of the month, and now I don't know if that's even going to happen. Not having a car makes going anywhere very difficult, including things like going to the airport and picking me up and dropping me off :(

I still want to do it but... fuck. That really throws a wrench in those plans.

I'm sorry to hear about what you guys are going through, but at least I'm glad no one was hurt in the accident. Iowa is a rough place for public transportation, as I understand it... but if a city bus (irony) or train to where you're going isn't available, there's also Taxi / Uber, or arranging a ride with a friend or family member and paying them in Lunch or Gas Money.

I don't have a vehicle right now either, but these are some options I use for getting around, when walking isn't an option.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107809 on: September 20, 2016, 08:07:54 pm »

Also the city is claiming that the crash never even happened.
How the fuck does someone ignore a crash like that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107810 on: September 20, 2016, 08:21:10 pm »

Easy. Bus driver didn't want to get in trouble, and so lied.
Then there's no record of it in the city files.

Word of the car driver vs word of the bus driver = court battle.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107811 on: September 20, 2016, 08:22:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Honest question: If you truly thought it wasn't a problem, do you think you'd talk about it the way you do?

I said it before; I've been there too. I feel for you, but you've got to let someone else help you, or help yourself. Bringing yourself pain doesn't earn you Karmic Credits that get you out of whatever situation is making you feel like this. Hurting yourself doesn't make your situation better. It's better to use that energy to change the situation you're in, and alleviate whatever is making you feel a need to do this... in whatever ways you can, big or small. I hate to see people do that to themselves.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107812 on: September 20, 2016, 08:43:27 pm »

@Gamedragon:

First off, *unconditional hugs*.

Secondly, what Solifuge said.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107813 on: September 20, 2016, 08:46:59 pm »

I would ask if cutting yourself is helping you, but it's something that I've never done personally, no matter how bad things got - or the urge, anyway - so I doubt that would be a good question.

I will point out that it hasn't made things get better though, at least mid- to long-term, so you should seek help elsewhere.

What is it exactly making you not want help?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #107814 on: September 20, 2016, 10:48:53 pm »

If you can drive, and can afford it, maybe rent a car for your stay?
Being under 25 means that rentals have a massive surcharge.

But regardless it looks like we're figuring things out and it should be okay (other than plane tickets being fucking expensive). I was just freaking out a bit :-[
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:52:35 pm by ECrownofFire »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107815 on: September 21, 2016, 12:58:44 am »

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:54:23 pm by penguinofhonor »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #107816 on: September 21, 2016, 06:06:13 am »

Similar. My case is more of red, hot skin that sheds all the time and is so dry that it breaks all the time and other assorted stuff. It's not really that bad, except it was on like 90% of my body. Psoriasis is rarely dangerous and you can happily live with it but when you have 40+ degree celcius skin temperature on most of your body it's less fucking annoying and disgusting and more outright deadly.
Also, apparently it was all due to the stress (the timeline checks out and there was no other reason for it to pop up now) caused by that thing with that one girl that I was talking about here that started almost an year ago. Reminds me, there's going to be an anniversary soon.
Welp.

Thankfully, I got better after spending whole summer holidays in hospital. On the immunosuppressants I don't have anything left, practically, just sometimes parts of my skin get a bit itchy but holy shit dude I almost forgot how it is to have regular, smooth skin. Seriously, be happy with that shit because it's something people take for granted while it could be really much, much worse.
On the other hand the immunosuppressants will proably get me cancer in few years (implying I won't die from some heart (or liver or kidneys or... you catch the drift) diease before) but win some lose some, eh.
I've had low-grade psoriasis for like eight-ish years now - runs in the family. Fingernails are the worst TBH, single scattered skin plaques like I have are manageable, nails can actually hurt.

The upside is that it's being worked on right now. I should know, my BSc thesis and, unless something changes dramatically, Master's thesis are based on doing that :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107817 on: September 21, 2016, 08:02:49 am »

*hugs penguinofhonor*

What's done is done.  You can't change it.  You can only change what you'll do.

Apologize?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107818 on: September 21, 2016, 10:21:39 am »

Haven't been down in this corner of the forum for a long, long time. But... well, now I have a reason, I guess.

A good friend of mine died in an ATV accident earlier this month. I only found out yesterday. The memorial service was a week ago.

She deserved better than that from me. But... what could I do.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107819 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:12 am »

*hugs*
I'm sorry.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7186 7187 [7188] 7189 7190 ... 8167