Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7144 7145 [7146] 7147 7148 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466763 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107175 on: August 31, 2016, 05:55:49 am »

I actually have that job to all of you, I'm just super lazy and sit in my office surfing all that instead of doing it.

Sorry :<
Love, scriver~

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107176 on: August 31, 2016, 06:20:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #107177 on: August 31, 2016, 06:27:19 am »

Not pathetic, not even slightly, so freaking glad you're talking to somebody.  Please don't hurt yourself too much.  There have to be ways to feel better without resorting to self-harm.  Really hope you find them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #107178 on: August 31, 2016, 08:01:34 am »

I used to favour intense, intense exercise when I had a cutting problem. Driving myself to do one more pull-up, add another kilo to the weight, force out another rep, they all satisfy the same urges, but they're by and large more healthy. As an added bonus for if your particular brand of drive is the same as mine, it hurts as well.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107179 on: August 31, 2016, 08:14:27 am »

@Gamedragon:
I think NRDL has said what I wanted to say, although honestly any amount of self-harming is too much :(

Arx's advice is good too.  Maybe try it instead, see if it helps?  Please?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107180 on: August 31, 2016, 09:01:20 am »

I'm really urged to start cutting again too... but the scars would make me look ugly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107181 on: August 31, 2016, 09:28:37 am »

I'm really urged to start cutting again too... but the scars would make me look ugly.
I have literally never seen any real benefit to be gained by cutting. At best I suppose it's good for an emotional outlet, but that could just as well be served by anything else. Video games, crying, screaming and cursing out in the middle of the woods where no one can hear you, loud angry music, loud sad music, punching a pillow, etc.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107182 on: August 31, 2016, 09:38:27 am »

You do realize depression is a mental illness, yes? It doesn't have to make sense. Indeed, a lot of the time it fuckin' won't.

Anyhow, it's good you're also seeking help outside satisfying self-destructive urges GD.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107183 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:17 am »

You do realize depression is a mental illness, yes? It doesn't have to make sense. Indeed, a lot of the time it fuckin' won't.
That post was my roundabout way of saying "Don't cut yourself Cinder you big dummy it won't help".
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107184 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:37 am »

Well then :P

Cinder appears to be on the ball enough to not want to do it. This is good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107185 on: August 31, 2016, 09:58:58 am »

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:00:57 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107186 on: August 31, 2016, 10:03:48 am »

I have literally never seen any real benefit to be gained by cutting. At best I suppose it's good for an emotional outlet, but that could just as well be served by anything else. Video games, crying, screaming and cursing out in the middle of the woods where no one can hear you, loud angry music, loud sad music, punching a pillow, etc.
I kind of see it as the adrenaline equivalent of drinking alcohol, except less clean, less social, and with a stronger punch.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #107187 on: August 31, 2016, 10:45:26 am »

I kind of see it as the adrenaline equivalent of drinking alcohol, except less clean, less social, and with a stronger punch.

I don't see any benefits that outweigh the negatives of drinking alcohol either.  :P

Your description of it being "less social" reminds me of drinking alone. And I swear there's an old saying about drinking alone and how it can lead to alcoholism if let out of control. can't remember the exact phrasing though I think it's mildly relevant, considering your comparison between cutting and drinking.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107188 on: August 31, 2016, 11:00:06 am »

The only thing self-harm has in common with drinking is that both can kill you.  I don't want that.  For anybody.
Sigtext

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #107189 on: August 31, 2016, 12:06:05 pm »

Its addictive too. There is a mounting "pressure" to hurt oneself which is similarly to "withdrawal symptoms" atleast mentally - well thats what i was told by some people who do cut.

The thing is getting help is an always an option with mental illnes. Depression, anxiety and such are treatable, without being admited to a closed mental facility. Its very common for people to have such problems and you dont need to be ashamed of it.

Getting a Psychiatrist and a Therapist is easy and can improve life considerbly.

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 ... 7144 7145 [7146] 7147 7148 ... 8167