Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7146 7147 [7148] 7149 7150 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466345 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #107205 on: August 31, 2016, 10:36:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107206 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:59 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107207 on: August 31, 2016, 11:04:18 pm »

Caroline, while I hope you're not just applying to Ivies because they're simply unable to take everybody, I'd like to say you probably have a better chance than I did of getting in, and for any school of comparable quality and not comparable applicant volume...Well.

Write the personal essay, is my advice.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:12:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #107208 on: September 01, 2016, 12:22:15 am »

I hope it's not your folks pressuring you to get into the ivy leagues. Prestige is pretty far down the list of things you should be thinking about when considering which colleges you want to attend. For places in the US, some great non-Ivy places include the UC system and Washington University in Saint Louis.

My sad: the grid of facial slices is no longer scabby, but still looks pretty bad and I've got to wear it to class tomorrow.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107209 on: September 01, 2016, 12:24:30 am »

My sad: the grid of facial slices is no longer scabby, but still looks pretty bad and I've got to wear it to class tomorrow.

On the bright side, it's a great conversation piece. Try to laugh it off and the world will laugh with you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #107210 on: September 01, 2016, 12:26:53 am »

Tell them you won a fight with a cougar. That always goes well with scars.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107211 on: September 01, 2016, 12:42:32 am »

@Caroline:I can also recommend Rochester Institute of Technology (not to be confused with University of Rochester) as a good school for, well, it's in the name.  Though the weather can be very annoying.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107212 on: September 01, 2016, 12:56:42 am »

I don't think I can ever handle this thread. People who I make contact with just won't let me help them. And if anything I'm just getting convinced by them that maybe it's all meaningless and I should just kill myself.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107213 on: September 01, 2016, 12:58:05 am »

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107214 on: September 01, 2016, 01:00:17 am »

I don't think I can ever handle this thread. People who I make contact with just won't let me help them. And if anything I'm just getting convinced by them that maybe it's all meaningless and I should just kill myself.
Who can't you help?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107215 on: September 01, 2016, 01:05:08 am »

Who can't you help?
I don't really want to namedrop people but just the people struggling with depression here. On one hand I wish I could do more to help them, but on the other hand I feel like I'm getting depressed too just trying to convince them that there is more to life than being happy....
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107216 on: September 01, 2016, 01:05:58 am »

Who can't you help?
I don't really want to namedrop people but just the people struggling with depression here. On one hand I wish I could do more to help them, but on the other hand I feel like I'm getting depressed too just trying to convince them that there is more to life than being happy....
Similar here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107217 on: September 01, 2016, 01:10:24 am »

Methinks it's the "won't let me help them" mentality. If people don't want to talk about their problems, no amount of unsolicited advice from an internet stranger is going to do it.

This is why I encourage the depressives to seek help, and not offer it myself. I also know how emotionally draining it is being someone's crutch and/or sounding board.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #107218 on: September 01, 2016, 01:16:13 am »

Methinks it's the "won't let me help them" mentality. If people don't want to talk about their problems, no amount of unsolicited advice from an internet stranger is going to do it.

This is why I encourage the depressives to seek help, and not offer it myself. I also know how emotionally draining it is being someone's crutch and/or sounding board.
But that's what people have been doing and it doesn't work.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107219 on: September 01, 2016, 01:21:18 am »

But that's what people have been doing and it doesn't work.
I am seeking help, though.

I have an appointment next week.
Pages: 1 ... 7146 7147 [7148] 7149 7150 ... 8167