Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7055 7056 [7057] 7058 7059 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441630 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105840 on: July 02, 2016, 09:16:39 pm »

I watched Superman vs Batman and it was one of the worst movies I've probably seen in the last 5 years.  :(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105841 on: July 02, 2016, 09:20:49 pm »

Superman versus the Ku Klux Klan would have been interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105842 on: July 02, 2016, 09:23:57 pm »

Especially if he joins the Klan, that'd be hilarious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105843 on: July 02, 2016, 09:28:32 pm »

I think Nazi Superman was a thing.

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #105844 on: July 02, 2016, 09:31:11 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105845 on: July 02, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »

Superman versus the KKK was a thing.
I thought it might be better than Superman versus Batman.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105846 on: July 02, 2016, 10:43:29 pm »

Just woke up from what felt like a really great dream, with interesting characters and setting, a bunch of conflict and plenty of strange/mysterious stuff going on, and I can't remember any of the details.

I don't know why I used to be so much better at remembering dreams, but lately I'm terrible at it.
Always makes me sad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105847 on: July 03, 2016, 12:01:52 am »

It is 2 am in the fucking morning why are people playing with fireworks and being loudly merry Canada Day was yesterday-No wait TWO DAYS AGO YOU FUCKING CLODS
RREEEEEEEEEE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #105848 on: July 03, 2016, 09:11:23 am »

It's one of those days where it just comes across as kind of dumb for me to try to be anything. I suppose people who matter still support me, but it kind of stings that nobody else seem to care the slightest about my self-improvements. And I suppose it's not their fault. Marginally better garbage is still garbage.

Obviously I wrote this to ask for sympathy... but some advice on coping with mediocrity would be nice, or at least advice on how to tell mediocrity to get stuffed.

I think you meant Übermann.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:14:48 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105849 on: July 03, 2016, 09:27:26 am »

Orphan Black. S1E8. Episode ends with Kira hit by car on her way back home after being sorta abducted by Helena.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105850 on: July 03, 2016, 09:31:24 am »

Romance, how do
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105851 on: July 03, 2016, 09:36:24 am »

Orphan Black. S1E8. Episode ends with Kira hit by car on her way back home after being sorta abducted by Helena.
That seems like the kinda thing that someone familiar with the series might be upset to have spoiled for them...

Romance, how do
Exacerbate a simmering blood feud between your families by getting married in secret, causing lots of needless bloodshed and eventually your own tragic deaths?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #105852 on: July 03, 2016, 09:53:17 am »

It's one of those days where it just comes across as kind of dumb for me to try to be anything. I suppose people who matter still support me, but it kind of stings that nobody else seem to care the slightest about my self-improvements. And I suppose it's not their fault. Marginally better garbage is still garbage.

Obviously I wrote this to ask for sympathy... but some advice on coping with mediocrity would be nice, or at least advice on how to tell mediocrity to get stuffed.

I think you meant Übermann.
needs moar spooperman

Anyways Cinderbroheimzillabudchum, i feel ya. I have wayyyyyyyy too many problems with feeling like i'm worse at everything than i think i should be. Here's the thing though: Feeling like you're mediocre is an excellent excuse to keep improving. If you're happy with things as they are, why bother changing them? At some point during your QUEST FOR IMPROVEMENT(tm), you'll either end up happy with things, or you'll get so damn good at what you do/are that people will revere you, and given what i know about you, i'm pretty sure you'd be decently happy with that as well. :v
Both of those outcomes, however, have one prerequisite: KEEP GOING. The feelings of mediocrity is just natures weird backwards way of telling you that. Barring complete mental and physical incompatibilities, there's pretty much nothing you can't get hamazing at if you really set out for it. You have, for instance, improved your arting skills A LOT, and i am almost entirely certain that you haven't plateu'd yet. You've studied diligently, and you're improving quickly, far more so than a lazy shit like myself, and if you keep up that pace you'll be magic-tier in no time flat!

tl;dr if your brain says you're mediocre then you say "NOT FOR LONG" and then don't punch your brain because that would kill you

also it saddens me that my hands and arms are still painful after a one week vacation where i didn't use any PCs

:C
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105853 on: July 03, 2016, 11:17:29 am »

What made you feel mediocre?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105854 on: July 03, 2016, 11:25:21 am »

Slept terribly last night. Got ~4 hours of sleep I guess, after spending another 4 hours rolling around in bed trying to fall asleep.

Unrelated tangent, but I feel like my life would be way easier if I just felt self-confident and adept at socializing and being around other people. Because most of modern life seems to require human to human interaction and if I hate human to human interaction I'm gonna hate most of life.

I always thought of self-improvement as primarily being done for yourself. You do it to feel good about yourself, other people noticing it is just a nice bonus and probably means you're doing a well enough job so that the improvement is noticeable.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 7055 7056 [7057] 7058 7059 ... 8167