Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7015 7016 [7017] 7018 7019 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450135 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105240 on: June 03, 2016, 04:38:03 am »

Shit.
I thought I was going well, and I was! I started going opto the gym, having some semblance of a sleeping schedule, having a physical hobby, actually occasionally enjoying myself at school, but then hey, guess what! EXAMS! And a visit to my dad, who, guess what, has Parkinsons! Isn't that just swell, not like -to pick an entirely random example- you were already feeling like a social outcast in your father's swanky new home because of his seeming inability to properly show affection and subsequent reliance on gift-giving to show his love, something which you already have trouble with because of your guilt when accepting gifts in any form!
And now my stomachs twisting up in knots, which I can't tell is because of me eating too many peas, my immense guilt and frustration about the situation with dad, or because I've been reading too much of Worm, something that inevitably screws with my emotions once I read for too long and start subconciously blending parts of the grimdark story with the real world!
I know this is temporary, and it'll settle, but it's just a big jumble right now, and I really don't do well with jumbles.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105241 on: June 03, 2016, 05:57:09 am »

The more I think about things, the less likely it seems that they will work out.
I'd really hoped to be able to change and improve my life in the near future, but it's seeming more and more unlikely.

Or at least, the improvement part is unlikely. I imagine I could effect at least some changes, but probably not good ones.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #105242 on: June 03, 2016, 08:38:54 am »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The day went perfectly as I suspected. No words spoken. I just feel really sad.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105243 on: June 03, 2016, 10:10:24 am »

*hugpats everybody*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105244 on: June 03, 2016, 10:49:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's some shit. Did you try to point out that programming can be used for things other than video games?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105245 on: June 03, 2016, 01:46:20 pm »

Why does my memory have to be so randomly vivid? I mean, sure. It's great to not need to study a lot because I can memorize what a specific page in a book looks like. But I don't need to remember, in exact detail, every little thing I didn't want to do or did wrong or just regret in general. Seriously; I can remember the faces of random people I saw at a ball game nearly 3 months ago, and there's no point. But can I remember dates and times outside of school? Nope.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105246 on: June 03, 2016, 01:49:10 pm »

Yeah, the whole logic leap of computer, therefore games is a bit stupid. Like sure, if you're gaming for the most part it can be a bit worrying, but if you're a programmer then you're supposed to be working on the computer, not gaming, so I'm not sure what exactly is the concern. That you'll be spending more time at the PC? Well that's a fact of life for a rather large number of occupations these days :V

Anyways, personal sad, lack of sleep, and a slowly draining will to do anything. I should be painting, should've been for the past three days, but I just can't bring myself to do PS right now, even traditional media is feeling somewhat forced as of late :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105247 on: June 03, 2016, 01:49:57 pm »

Why does my memory have to be so randomly vivid? I mean, sure. It's great to not need to study a lot because I can memorize what a specific page in a book looks like. But I don't need to remember, in exact detail, every little thing I didn't want to do or did wrong or just regret in general. Seriously; I can remember the faces of random people I saw at a ball game nearly 3 months ago, and there's no point. But can I remember dates and times outside of school? Nope.
The human brain is an amazingly complex thing.

And we're biased to remember things we did wrong so we don't do it again.

But nevertheless, *hugs*

Yeah, the whole logic leap of computer, therefore games is a bit stupid. Like sure, if you're gaming for the most part it can be a bit worrying, but if you're a programmer then you're supposed to be working on the computer, not gaming, so I'm not sure what exactly is the concern. That you'll be spending more time at the PC? Well that's a fact of life for a rather large number of occupations these days :V

Anyways, personal sad, lack of sleep, and a slowly draining will to do anything. I should be painting, should've been for the past three days, but I just can't bring myself to do PS right now, even traditional media is feeling somewhat forced as of late :I
Dude goto sleep.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #105248 on: June 03, 2016, 02:34:27 pm »

Magnum is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

so gay

gay cannon

fire the gay cannon

i'm right aren't i
lol

I have a single problem which i'm VERY ashamed about it. It just keeps leading to other problems and then back to itself, like a vicious cycle. I don't really feel like putting it public here. It's somewhat taboo. But i think it has something to do with my lack of confidence and isolation...i don't know which causes which, but they're related.
There are a couple people you could probably talk to privately.  Tiruin, mostly (but ask them first).  Or see about going to a therapist.

Nevertheless, *hugs*.

If for some reason you really do want to talk to me I will promise to keep it private.

====

Re:rootbeer floats:Yes, they are awesome.  Although I prefer sodas that aren't root beer in mine.
thanks

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105249 on: June 03, 2016, 10:05:54 pm »

The Iron Giant ;-;7
Black lives matter.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #105250 on: June 03, 2016, 10:17:00 pm »

Hey, at least he lives at the end! Errr...sort of.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105251 on: June 03, 2016, 10:21:42 pm »

The Iron Giant ;-;7
I remember that movie from when I was... what, six? Good stuff.

Hey, at least he lives at the end! Errr...sort of.
Do androids dream of electric missiles
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105252 on: June 03, 2016, 10:21:54 pm »

Ahem.  Spoilers.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105254 on: June 04, 2016, 12:00:32 am »

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:03:05 am by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 7015 7016 [7017] 7018 7019 ... 8167