Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7014 7015 [7016] 7017 7018 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449987 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105225 on: June 02, 2016, 05:04:54 pm »

Oh, I meant that mainly in the sense of not presenting an ultimatum or whatever. Also I'm horribly bad at actually being open with my thoughts, feelings, and motives outside of text-based mediums (see: this entire scenario, most of my life). So taking precautions to not act stupid is a perfectly reasonable move in my book.

Not that I'm going to get the chance to for at least 2 or 3 weeks anyway, at which point things will undoubtedly come up and I'll chicken out of actually saying it just like the last four times this thought process has cropped up in my mind. Only difference is that it's gotten more severe each time - likely this cycle will continue until it slips out at an inopportune moment, or more likely I keep it buried forever until the feelings fade, again just like the last time this sort of attraction happened. Speaking realistically/pessimistically, that's the most likely outcome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105226 on: June 02, 2016, 05:54:17 pm »

I've just learned to bury my feelings and thoughts so deep dorfs would have trouble finding them, so :V
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105227 on: June 02, 2016, 06:02:53 pm »

(Disclaimer: This isn't like, a life or death thing, it's basically a first-world problem. But it made me walk away feeling sad and disappointed, so I figured it qualified)

It's 102 degrees here. There's an ice cream truck parked just outside of my place of work. I decided, hey, it's time to check it out.

I get up there, and see that they have root beer floats and milkshakes. I get all excited, cause I haven't had one in years. What can I say, I'm easy to please.

I wait for three people in line, get up to the front, and happily ask for a strawberry milkshake (I decided on it over the rootbeer float). The guy tells me he's sorry, but that they just ran out of strawberry.

Aw.

Okay, I'll take a vanilla one then. He nods, and then a girl inside the truck walks to him and tells him we aren't doing anymore milkshakes. He hesitates then tells me, sorry, no milkshakes.

Sigh :(

Then I ask about a rootbeer float. The mean dwarf woman in the back tells him...NO, we put the cups away, it's past 3:30 no milkshakes or floats!

He looks back at me, and I just say, I'll pass, and I walked off. I coulda got ice cream but...I have my heart set on a shake, or a rootbeer float, at that point. And after that sort of response, I hardly felt like a valued customer, but rather a pain in the ass.

With that said, had I realized it was actually 3:28, I might have just flipped the truck over. Alas. I'm still feeling slapped in the face.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105228 on: June 02, 2016, 06:17:03 pm »

What exactly is a rootbeer float? Never heard of such a thing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105229 on: June 02, 2016, 06:20:21 pm »

It's basically a glass of rootbeer with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream in it to flavor it and, of course, give you some vanilla ice cream to spoon out of it.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #105230 on: June 02, 2016, 06:35:51 pm »

I have a single problem which i'm VERY ashamed about it. It just keeps leading to other problems and then back to itself, like a vicious cycle. I don't really feel like putting it public here. It's somewhat taboo. But i think it has something to do with my lack of confidence and isolation...i don't know which causes which, but they're related.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105231 on: June 02, 2016, 06:54:54 pm »

Magnum is gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

so gay

gay cannon

fire the gay cannon

i'm right aren't i
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105232 on: June 02, 2016, 07:03:23 pm »

Being gay is taboo still?

It's basically a glass of rootbeer with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream in it to flavor it and, of course, give you some vanilla ice cream to spoon out of it.
That sounds fantastic
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105233 on: June 02, 2016, 07:08:32 pm »

I have a single problem which i'm VERY ashamed about it. It just keeps leading to other problems and then back to itself, like a vicious cycle. I don't really feel like putting it public here. It's somewhat taboo. But i think it has something to do with my lack of confidence and isolation...i don't know which causes which, but they're related.
There are a couple people you could probably talk to privately.  Tiruin, mostly (but ask them first).  Or see about going to a therapist.

Nevertheless, *hugs*.

If for some reason you really do want to talk to me I will promise to keep it private.

====

Re:rootbeer floats:Yes, they are awesome.  Although I prefer sodas that aren't root beer in mine.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:47:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105234 on: June 02, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »

Tiruin, mostly.
That's rather presumptuous of you, isn't it?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105235 on: June 02, 2016, 07:44:41 pm »

That sounds fantastic
It's pretty great, yeah. Would highly recommend. Anyone who hasn't heard of it should have one at least once in their life. Add it to a bucket list.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #105236 on: June 02, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »

Lemonade floats are awesome too.
Ooooh, I never thought of that one. Sounds good.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105237 on: June 02, 2016, 10:46:37 pm »

Tiruin, mostly.
*hastily edits in 'ask them first' - whoops.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #105238 on: June 02, 2016, 10:47:59 pm »

It's a pretty fair presumption.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #105239 on: June 03, 2016, 03:39:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7014 7015 [7016] 7017 7018 ... 8167