Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6999 7000 [7001] 7002 7003 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431952 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #105000 on: May 20, 2016, 05:12:49 am »

I have eczema cropping up everywhere this week. Hands, arms, face, proverbial. RIP me.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105001 on: May 20, 2016, 05:37:31 am »

@Japa, OW: :(
*hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #105002 on: May 20, 2016, 05:42:12 am »

@highmax:*applies industrial-strength hugs*
You got any industrial grade band-aids or something? Thumb hasn't stopped giving pain for the past hour now...

I appreciate the hug though bud...
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105003 on: May 20, 2016, 02:36:09 pm »

What Caroline said.  If you want, my PM box is open.  Don't know what use I'd be but I'll offer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105004 on: May 20, 2016, 03:49:21 pm »

Why am I such a sarcastic, useless, annoying little sack of shit? Seriously. It seems like all I have to do is open my mouth and then suddenly whoever I'm talking to is pissed at me. And if they're not pissed, they're almost always ignoring me. I can't even stop talking to prevent this, because if I do it's "OH, I GET IT! YOU HATE ME AND NOW YOU'RE GIVING ME THE SILENT TREATMENT! THAT SHIT HURTS YA' KNOW!" from my parents, and 'friends' think something along those lines, although less extreme.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105005 on: May 20, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »

Why am I such a sarcastic, useless, annoying little sack of shit? Seriously. It seems like all I have to do is open my mouth and then suddenly whoever I'm talking to is pissed at me. And if they're not pissed, they're almost always ignoring me. I can't even stop talking to prevent this, because if I do it's "OH, I GET IT! YOU HATE ME AND NOW YOU'RE GIVING ME THE SILENT TREATMENT! THAT SHIT HURTS YA' KNOW!" from my parents, and 'friends' think something along those lines, although less extreme.
Try telling them that the sarcasm is just your schtick. They might reject that explanation, but then they might accept that you don't really mean everything you say to the fullest extent.
Or find another bitter and sarcastic person, then you can be bitter and sarcastic together. There's a lot of people for whom being sarcastic towards everyone and everything is completely normal.

Not sure if that helps. I had a period in which I was exceedingly annoying and sarcastic, but I forgot it already. I forget things easily. It's strange and distressing. I'm pretty young, but I keep forgetting. It's like, I examine some belief of mine, and I remember that this thing was a revelation for me, that I used to believe differently, and when I finally accepted this one, I was content for a while. But I can't remember what the revelation was. That makes this belief unsubstantiated, even though I distinctly remember that there was a reason. That makes me reject it in turn and pick another one, but I'm left with the sneaking suspicion that once I forget the reason I picked it, I'll be forced to abandon it as well.
This might be a little too much groundless introspection. But it's like this: it's unavoidable and good for one's beliefs to evolve based on new data. But mine seem to evolve based on old data being lost more than new data being gained. That bothers me.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105006 on: May 20, 2016, 05:49:08 pm »

Saddest Thing I found out about this thread is that it started in 2009 and the thread poster was last active in 2011 ;(

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #105007 on: May 20, 2016, 06:31:50 pm »

It just hit me that I haven't seen my step family in ages. Alright, they're not actually my step family, but they were like a family to me. I might not like all the kids, but my little sister was the coolest little sister I could ever wish for, and I haven't seen her in nearly a year. I'm going to go see them over the weekend. This is going to be both awkwardly exciting, and very sad because I probably won't see them again for a very long time :(
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #105008 on: May 20, 2016, 06:40:26 pm »

oversharing please ignore~
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 07:26:48 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #105009 on: May 21, 2016, 03:22:28 am »

God, how can someone make me so happy and yet so mindbogglingly terrified the moment she goes away?

I hate being apart from her. I'm only ever anxious when she's not around and I'm terrified of losing her. This has only gotten worse since she technically speaking became available. For dating and such. My mind screams at me 'what the fuck are you waiting for you idiot, confess' most every night. But I just ... I have to be patient. I know that most of the hysteria my brain spouts is just that, overblown hysteria that's coming about because I'm afraid I'll waste the opportunity I've spent nearly 1.5 years dreading/waiting for. I'll be able to say what I need to when the time's right - when I'm around her I'm a better person. I just need to be patient. I've waited more than a year and a half when there was literally no reason to, I can hold myself together a little while longer.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggh it'll be worth it in the end xant

Though this is actually rather impressive, took me ten months to even acknowledge the feelings I had and now it's barely taken me a week or two to actually start expressing them, even in the most minor of ways. Progress!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 03:26:44 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105010 on: May 21, 2016, 10:01:45 am »

@Xan:Just, hang in there.

Good luck.

I'll be waiting for the happy thread post ;)

@Rolan:*applies hugs on general principle*
Sigtext

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105011 on: May 21, 2016, 10:43:56 am »

Lost all my saved games progress. I know it's little compared to a lot of other stuff, but still sucks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #105012 on: May 21, 2016, 05:45:51 pm »

Well. That was unpleasant. I think I just vomited harder and more voluminously than I have at any earlier point in my life. Throat hurts, ribs hurt, lungs kinda' hurt. Friggin' nose is a bit rough, even. Was straight up unable to breath during part of it. Day could have done without that.

Think it was just a bit of bad leftovers*, but goddamn. That was flat out projectile. Can't recall experiencing it before. Now hoping I never do again. It had been a few years since I had to deal with this sort of thing :(

*Note to self: You used to avoid Italian sausage for a reason. It seems the reason has returned.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105013 on: May 21, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »

Oh dear.  That sucks.

Hope you feel better.
Sigtext

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #105014 on: May 21, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »

Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 6999 7000 [7001] 7002 7003 ... 8167