Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6998 6999 [7000] 7001 7002 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431468 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104985 on: May 18, 2016, 11:55:44 pm »

@Yoink

Download ur music. If you're finding new stuff... well... I don't have much to say because I rarely go out hunting for new music.
Hey, that reminds me...

Fairly... mild, compared with some of the troubles that have been described as of late, but I was trying to download the Yakuza 5 OST.

The website I found required me to donate in order to be able to download the whole collection at once, but since I'm only interested in what I can get for free, I decided to try another way.

The the main list lets you click on the name of a track in order to play it. The thing is, the name of the link (displayed in the bottom left corner of the browser when you mouse over) ended in .mp3, so I thought I could just save that link and be able to download the entire soundtrack very quickly.

Nope. The MP3 files downloaded from that method turned out to be corrupted/unplayable by a music player program.

Also, I've started playing Kantai Collection, but I keep getting the error-musume somewhat frequently. Sometimes she turns up as soon as I press the play button...

Not to mention fiddling around with the clock settings can be somewhat irritating.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104986 on: May 19, 2016, 12:18:04 am »

Wrong thread.

Made me sad, though. So it's not? Probably a mild sad but I forgot that thread existed

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104987 on: May 19, 2016, 12:44:57 am »

The only difference between that thread and this thread is that people in the mildsad thread keep saying things should go in here instead
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104988 on: May 19, 2016, 12:46:07 am »

There is the sad thread

and there is the sad thread for people with low self esteem.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #104989 on: May 19, 2016, 01:46:47 am »

Basically.

This thread isn't the Super-Duper Official Thread-O'-Extreme-Tragedy, it's the sad thread. All the sads can go here.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #104990 on: May 19, 2016, 01:52:23 am »

There is the sad thread

and there is the sad thread for people with low self esteem.
I have sort of kinda low self esteem but I try to treat the mild sad thread as more of a minor annoyances thread.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #104991 on: May 19, 2016, 02:05:33 am »

Same, except the times when I am actually mildly sad, or sad about things that would probably not make other people sad.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104992 on: May 19, 2016, 11:14:15 am »

Wrong thread.

Made me sad, though. So it's not? Probably a mild sad but I forgot that thread existed
You know what, I realized I'd probably get misinterpreted as I was falling asleep yesterday.
No, I did not mean you posted in the wrong thread.
I was trying to make a post in the Recommend a Movie thread and accidentally did it in this thread, so I just quickly modified my post (I did it fast enough the edit things doesn't pop up).
:P
Awkward.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104993 on: May 19, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »

Have I been infected with the shitposts?
Defending your own views probably won't change anyone else's mind so you're probably better off just shitposting to begin with
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104994 on: May 19, 2016, 07:49:57 pm »

Shit's only getting worse with my nan's friend. My step-grandfather, I guess?

The only treatment he can get is tons of painkillers. Which will fuck people up. He isn't completely there all the time, mentally speaking. It comes and goes over time, and one moment he's lucid, and the next he's completely out of it.

It's very taxing on my nan, and my mom. My mom has to do all the running around for them, and my nan is completely overwhelmed by the doctors and such.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104995 on: May 19, 2016, 08:55:39 pm »

Drilled into my thumb at work today. Its somewhere between not needing stitches but hurting whenever it brushes anything.

On another, worse note, plans for moving out of my fucked up household are gone again... I was betting on my buddy getting his pension check in June when I get paid, but no, he got it today. And he doesn't get another one until december at the earliest.

That means I'm stuck here being forced to not have access to my own money, being verbally harassed to the point its almost abuse by my mother and my sister, more yelling and berating by my mom that I'm a fuck up because I went through rehab and I should go back for another 90 days because she thinks I've relapsed since I started going back for meetings because, to her, a relapse is any moment when I touch my laptop (for context, I was forced in the first time because she claimed video games was my addiction, and when I came out, I saw games was nothing but a cover up for a bigger problem. When I got out, and I was playing games, she freaked out. Now shes banned me from all systems, forced me to sell them or throw them out, and I'm still harassed now because D&D counts now, even if its in person).

I'm so fucking sick of living in such a fucking shitty place. I can't see my freinds because if I'm not gonig to work, I get yelled at. And because I'm not making time to do anything else BECAUSE I'm working, I can't get shit done like I hoped, like some coding or working out. Nope, to her, if I'm not out there with my dad or at walmart, I'm a useless sack of shit. This became apparent when I wanted some time to just recover since I just started, made it through a week, and I had several things to do and a friend wanted to hang out but never got back to me, and she freaked out saying I could have worked instead of sitting around waiting for people. WELL NO SHIT, BUT HOW AM I TO KNOW THEY WERE GOING TO BACK OUT LAST MINUTE? Not to mention I needed a day to go get my allergy shot but NOPE, FUCK YOU, CAN'T DO THAT EITHER. Seriously, I had to do stuff for most of the day and SHE FUCKING GETS UPSET WHEN I COME HOME AFTER LEAVING AT 11 AND NOT COMING BACK TILL 7 THAT I COULD HAVE WORKED!?!? FUCK OFF!

I think the worst part of all this is I know my mom seems to be getting more and more miserable each day to the point I can't even talk to her without her saying I should be working or I'm fat or I'm a fuck up because I went to rehab... It fucking drives me up the wall to the point I want to just bang my head against the wall until I break my skull open. Its awful, and because my only chance at getting out is gone, I'm fucked for at least another year. Another year where I don't own any of the money I make, another year of being verbally harassed every day (I seriously stopped coming home right away because I felt ok being in a place where some fuckboy wanted to kick my ass and not ok being at home. I never want to come home, but I have to, and there's such a cloud of negativity from my mom alone that its fucking toxic here. With me and my dad, we have a great time, and he's depressed and usually without anyone to talk to but my mom, and HE'S better to be around than my mom. My group leader thinks my mom is jealous of that between me and my dad, but I think its just because she's just miserable about everything. She hates her job, she's unhappy with her kids, her husband, her home, and I NEVER  hear anything positive come out of her mouth.

I just want out of my fucking house to get away from the negativity and be able to feel at peace for once...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104996 on: May 19, 2016, 09:12:08 pm »

Have I been infected with the shitposts?
Defending your own views probably won't change anyone else's mind so you're probably better off just shitposting to begin with
I was tempted to respond with a 'u wot m8?' there, I'll admit.
u avin a giggle m8

On a more serious note, I've felt that way too. I think that I'm better for it, honestly; I'm not wasting my time arguing over stupid stuff anymore, and it's not like that random neckbeard on Reddit is going to, like, convince some world leader that "evolution is wrong" or whatever, anyway.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104997 on: May 19, 2016, 09:13:32 pm »

@highmax:*applies industrial-strength hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104998 on: May 19, 2016, 10:50:27 pm »

@highmax:*applies industrial-strength hugs*
You got any industrial grade band-aids or something? Thumb hasn't stopped giving pain for the past hour now...

I appreciate the hug though bud...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104999 on: May 20, 2016, 05:04:54 am »

I have a temperament better suited towards fending off attacking wolves than settling domestic disagreements.
Pages: 1 ... 6998 6999 [7000] 7001 7002 ... 8167