Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6953 6954 [6955] 6956 6957 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454274 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104310 on: April 18, 2016, 08:55:47 pm »

"I don't fit male stereotypes so I don't think I'm male" is a dangerous way of thinking.
Seems to be a pretty common way of thinking these days.

I've never seriously played sports, I'm a puny weakling, and I even have long hair, but that doesn't suddenly make me a girl. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104311 on: April 18, 2016, 08:58:47 pm »

Yeah, you're too ugly for that :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #104312 on: April 18, 2016, 09:02:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104313 on: April 18, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »

To quote something I read a while back, "being a girl is every man's dream".
I'm happy without a monthly blood waterfall until my sexual organs basically give up.
It's a dream.  You timeskip over the ucky bits.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104314 on: April 18, 2016, 09:23:02 pm »

To quote something I read a while back, "being a girl is every man's dream".
I'm happy without a monthly blood waterfall until my sexual organs basically give up.
Basically give up? I can attest that this is not the case. Sheb doesn't call me Vlad Tepes for nothing :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104315 on: April 18, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »

Or the potatoes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104316 on: April 18, 2016, 10:08:13 pm »

Re:MZero: I don't get it, but I'm not sure I'm supposed to.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104319 on: April 18, 2016, 10:57:10 pm »

snop

Now, while I won't decide your gender for you, do note that Stereotypes are merely expectations of society for a given kind of person, and that they're... as others have already said, full of BS.

Stereotype one: Poor (Homeless) people do not know how to work or find work, and they should be toiling to get their funds instead of asking for help from some schmuck who's willing to sacrifice his hard earned money for someone undeserving.

Now, it's not as if all poor, homeless people did not try finding work. Depending on where you live, seeing these unclean, filthy vagabonds near your doorstep is grounds for shooing the guy. How can these homeless people find work when a lot of people in society shoo them off immediately? And these guys are also starving for the most part, and everything is paid. They will have to resort, at some point, to begging for meals or cash to purchase meals.

Stereotype two: Boys have a natural tendency to cheat on their lovers more than females do.

While this isn't as prevalent in the western countries as they have more open, ephemeral relationship structures, these SJW quotes tend to oversell a person's personality as a product of his gender. I mean, of course, you would think differently if you had a pOnOs than if you had a vagOOO for the most part, but certain morals are ubiquitous in both genders, and this kind of dangerous thinking already gives you a "first impression" on a person without spending the time to know them, simply because you're a male. There are some people who take this further by giving females the natural moral higher ground causing people especially in my home country, to say that it's natural for females to start fights, but whoa whoa whoa if the male is already tired of their shenanigans, it always has to start from finding a nicer girl.

That's not a really good stereotype; that's insecurity.

Stereotype three: Gender Roles

Males are expected to be muscular, and females demure. Any deviation from that is a sign that that person may have weird, possibly homosexual leanings. That's absolutely untrue; people can gain hobbies wholesale from other people. Is a male who cooks gay? Is a female who works out, developing muscles, lesbian? Is a male who cries himself gay? A female who confronts conflict with fists lesbian?

You see, you don't have to conform to gender roles, because stereotypes are expectations, and expectations are often unrealistic. If we were to base everything into expectations = reality, then we'd be back to the old times where blacks were slaves, whiteness is a paragon of virtue, and females a possession of the powerful male - the commander.

None of the above are realistic, and in an age where equality is encouraged (and I hope to God it stays that way), I do not want to see people review behaviors based on their skin colors, gender, and expected activities to be done by a particular individual.

What I'm saying is, do what you want; even if you don't conform to society, what's important is that you're still you, and at the end of the day, you DEFINE who the fuck YOU WANT TO BE.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104320 on: April 18, 2016, 11:37:08 pm »

On the other hand, if you want to bone other guys, you might be gay.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #104321 on: April 19, 2016, 12:09:18 am »

Just going to leave this here, and probably not make any sense:

I don't really feel like a guy or a girl. Sure, I have all the parts to be a guy. I definetely don't have the ones for being a girl, and something's there, so I must physically be a guy. But, mentally I am just...a person. I say I'm a guy, because it's a habit and most people accept me saying that easier, but I have no problem with being called she or they. The whole sexuality thing doesn't really matter to me either; I generally end up dating and doing that kind of thing with women, because most of the guys I know are assholes, but I would have no problems with dating a guy. I guess that would mark me as bisexual, favoring more feminine people? That's the best way I can think to explain it, but it really doesn't seem important to me. Maybe I'm just bitter or disenchanted with society, who knows; whatever the case, that's my opinion, feel free to ignore it :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104322 on: April 19, 2016, 01:31:41 am »

Being certain and being uncertain of your gender are both normal whether or not you are trans.

I think the tough part of knowing your gender is separating the feeling of "who you are" from the feeling of "who you should be."  You need to perceive your gender, if it's there.  Don't try to force it in order to meet an expectation.  If you don't feel like you know enough to understand what you are feeling, do some research.  The information is readily available, assuming you don't have heavily filtered internet access.  Don't rely on a single source.  Get as many perspectives as you can.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104323 on: April 19, 2016, 01:39:31 am »

Incidentally, gender identity politics make me sad/angry/etc.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #104324 on: April 19, 2016, 05:05:08 am »

Being without purpose. That's basically it, summed up in three words. I would go on, but I really cannot be bothered.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 6953 6954 [6955] 6956 6957 ... 8167