Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6952 6953 [6954] 6955 6956 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454312 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #104295 on: April 17, 2016, 05:40:20 pm »

Performed a recital, did fantastic.

However, the turn out of people was small.

Granted, I picked a terrible time to have it, so I never should have expected that many people anyways. But I can't help but feel down about it, since so many people weren't able to make it.

Blergh...
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104296 on: April 17, 2016, 09:22:28 pm »

I got a ring not three days ago. It fit perfectly, even a bit tightly.
And yet somehow it's now nearly too big to fit on my finger.
Rocks don't just expand like that, and knuckles don't shrink in three days...
Damn, that sucks.  I know that feeling, at least for clothes, it fits fine in the store when I'm in a hurry to leave but later...
Also I tried to go to a games night thing on Friday and I rolled sevens on every dice roll (alternating 3/4 with d6s) and got seven twice in one game of scrabble.
And of course the event was full of very loud extroverted people who were extremely homosexual. Emphasis on the sexual.
I am confused
Scrabble involves dice rolls?  I don't remember dice rolls.
And of course 7 is the most common roll on 2d6.  But I guess you're rolling 3-4 d6 for...
some game

I'm sorry you rolled low ):  But hey, for the future:  Losing at a game can lead to winning.  Just got to keep composure and remain graceful in "defeat".  It's just a game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104297 on: April 17, 2016, 10:23:05 pm »

Scrabble point values, probably.  (Word score.)

It sounds like rolling 2d6 occurred?

I can't tell.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104298 on: April 18, 2016, 06:12:05 am »

When a mother you hate out of the blue contacts an aunt, and inquires some shit she's not supposed to know, obviously, the only choices for suspects are those from the inside.

I am one such of them suspects. And I did nothing. I get accused, shouted at, disowned, abused verbally, and insulted, and my mind is at an all time low. And I did nothing. I also didn't reveal the 10k monetary gift i received from her, although i only accepted it out of obligation and made a lot of effort avoiding to contact the goddamned mother, and as i said, obligation because she's supposed to fund me as a mother should anyway.

But that has been twisted into a narrative in which I have betrayed everyone by being sold for 10k, and now I'm the primary suspect in an all-too familiar and bullshit event that shouldn't have escalated the way it is right now.

As it is, my aunt no longer receives financial aid because of her involvement.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104299 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:31 am »

*pats*

:(

I hope you're okay.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #104300 on: April 18, 2016, 06:55:58 am »

._.
That sounds a ton like a legal case, Trapezoid. A familial legal case that requires intervention because of its effects both collateral and otherwise. :-\

I graduated, true.
Cheers to you! :D Still in my 3rd year of my 4 year course \o/
Now you're free to do many things (as well as do volunteer work in your uni or otherwise!)

[...]scrabble.[...]
Those 2 letter words are your friends .-. Unless...you're not using the scrabble dictionary? :O

Extremely tired and feeling like the worst lead researcher ever in my thesis work. x_x We most likely will be delayed due to contacting and organizing schedules, along with my messages not going through to the rest which leads to unproductivity which reinforces my feelings of being the worst lead researcher ever! (Organizational skills = x_x)

And I didn't send that email since I thought I did (it did, but internet died so I have to retype it as it got lost in the outbox)

@TBF: It's shortened for his name :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:01:17 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104301 on: April 18, 2016, 07:00:24 am »

Er, Tiruin, they're Trapezohedron.

I suppose you must really be tired...

Also *applies encouraging hugpats*.

You can do the thing.
Sigtext

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104302 on: April 18, 2016, 11:50:05 am »

A legal case indeed, in which I just happen to have the perfect mindset, alibi and motive for doing something like that.

Except I didn't. But fate conspired against me to dig me into a hole deeper and it's suddenly more convenient to turn me into the narrative's villain instead of being an outside force, unknown currently to anyone (except we all have a hunch and it's kind of an elephant in the room), that did it and provided information she has no business of knowing.

At this rate I'm also blamed for losing 797 worth of fees during my work. I probably lost only 396 in actuality but who would believe me I'm a very convenient villain and brainless asshole.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104303 on: April 18, 2016, 11:59:20 am »

@Trapezohedron:You are not a brainless asshole.

I don't have any advice to give, but I wish you the best of luck...
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104304 on: April 18, 2016, 03:54:25 pm »

To be honest him being a non-brainless asshole would be disturbing as fuck, if only because it would mean that someone took a brain and shoved it up someone's butt.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #104305 on: April 18, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »

Disclaimer: sad, confused person typing with no punctuation and no uppercase. I'm not even sure if I want to say this, because I'm very private, but *nervous laugh* here goes?

Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #104306 on: April 18, 2016, 08:35:26 pm »

Reaffirm your identity. Stereotypes don't fit you because you're not a stereotype. If you want to say you're more feminine than most boys, then that's that. If you feel as though you'd be more cognizant of yourself as a girl, that's another thing.

Gender is formless. You got a dick? gg u handsome hunk. You don't have a dick? gg u babe ;). Whether you choose to follow everything else that follows gender and accept a title based on that is a personal call.

DISCLAIMER: imo tbh fam this.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104307 on: April 18, 2016, 08:41:25 pm »

Gender is formless. You got a dick? gg u handsome hunk. You don't have a dick? gg u babe ;).
Biologistic scum! :P

Anyway, yeah, fuck categories when they're not useful for, um, categorizing. As long as you're a decent human being and pull your weight, who gives a shit? Take your time to figure things out, don't put pressure on yourself - and fuck the folks who give you crap for this stuff.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104308 on: April 18, 2016, 08:52:56 pm »

Sports?

As a self-identifying guy who started out that way, I personally couldn't give two hoots about sports except for some vestigial regional pride if our teams win championships.

If that's all you're basing things on, just 'am I RAAH STEREOTYPICAL MANLY MAAAN', that's not how it works.

You don't have to fit the stereotypes to consider yourself a guy, girl, or other.

You just have to feel that way yourself, and that's what matters.

I don't doubt that somewhere out there are people that are firmly in their biological sex's stereotypes that are nevertheless a different psychological gender.

Also stereotypes are full of BS.

My two cents.

(And if it helps any, I've often wondered what being a girl is like, if only to, y'know, visit, not live there.)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:08:57 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #104309 on: April 18, 2016, 08:53:28 pm »

"I don't fit male stereotypes so I don't think I'm male" is a dangerous way of thinking.

and i wouldn't actually mind being a girl and i'm guessing most boys my age would mind a lot
To quote something I read a while back, "being a girl is every man's dream".

Actually I think that was from some hentai. Anyway, point stands. People don't usually think about being the opposite sex as though it'd be horrible and terrible, and just because you think it'd be okay doesn't mean you need to call your identity in to question.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6952 6953 [6954] 6955 6956 ... 8167